• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu: Kingdom Hearts characters popularity polls

Ydelnae

C8kJ7rMWAAAgR4Q.jpg:large

As part of the 10 page Famitsu special featured in the latest issue of the japanese magazine, Tetsuya Nomura and Masahiro Sakurai discussed how much the series has grown since Kingdom Hearts 1's release in 2002. Nomura also shared a message about the anniversary and Kingdom Hearts 3.

Japanese Kingdom Hearts fans got to pick their favorite characters from the franchise and these are the results:

Favorite male characters
  1. Sora (284 votes)
  2. Roxas (210 votes)
  3. Axel (188 votes)
  4. Riku (98 votes)
  5. Terra (38 votes)
  6. Ventus (32 votes)
  7. Vanitas (14 votes)
  8. Demix (10 votes)
  9. Xigbar (7 votes)
  10. Xemnas (7 votes)
  11. Mickey Mouse (7 votes)
  12. Marluxia (7 votes)
  13. Cloud (7 votes)

Favorite female characters
  1. Aqua (397 votes)
  2. Xion (208 votes)
  3. Kairi (182 votes)
  4. Naminé (112 votes)
  5. Laxerne (10 votes)
  6. Olette (6 votes)
  7. Tifa (6 votes)
  8. Maleficent (3 votes)
  9. Ava
  10. Yuffie

They also got to vote which new Final Fantasy characters they would like to see appear in Kingdom Hearts 3:

1. FFXV protagonist, Noctis (236 votes)
  2. FFXIII protagonist,
    Lightning
    (201 votes)
  3. FFIX protagonist, Zidane (81 votes)
  4. Chocobos (30 votes)
  5. FFV protagonist, Bartz (22 votes)

Some info is still to be translated (most of the Sakurai & Nomura bits and other character rankings) Source: Kh13.com, @aibo_ac7

I basically take zero stock in anything Nomura says when it comes to "the next bit of news" When you follow his games for years you get used to the run around. The trailers will come eventually and I'll be satisfied.

I wonder who will take over the reigns from him. It's probable that the KH3 team are sidelined/understaffed in favor of the FF7R project... just like 13/V13?

Oh god not FFXIII protagonist.
Sahz showing up in KH3 would be neat, but Lightning is much more likely. Noctis showing up without the bros would be a bit disappointing though, but I'd still be alright with it.

Glad to see that Aqua is at the top spot where she belongs.

What's the fucking hold up? Ugh.
Nomura feels like his long leash allows him to take all the time in the world but at some point, at some point, Square Enix will realize it's harming their company to let this fool to run off with a blank check and then draw Batman for no reason while doing his actual job on the side. He seems like a terrible game director, sure he's put out games, but as of late (after KH2) he doesn't seem to have direction or a fire under his ass getting him and the teams working effectively.

Uncertainty again. Come on Nomura. I'd be okay with this answer if the game was announced a year ago or something. Now it's just ridiculous.

Also, my boy Noctis is beating FF XIII protagonist! Take that FFXIII protagonist! Stay winning Noctis!

Shame about no Cecil though. True travesty.

Rob2K19

I was looking at the "favorite male characters" list when I thought it just said "favorite characters" so I was literally losing my shit at not seeing Aqua at #1 and even more when she wasn't in the top 12. I cooled down when I realized what happened. Didn't even notice those were all male names, too. lol

Aqua is #1 favorite female character. WOOOO!

Sora and Aqua are #1 on their respective list.
I ship it.

Noctis is #1 because Stella wasn't listed as a choice.

Stella4KH3!

Japanese Kingdom Hearts fans got to pick their favorite characters from the franchise and these are the results:

Favorite male characters
  1. Sora
  2. Roxas
  3. Axel
  4. Riku
  5. Terra
  6. Ventus
  7. Vanitas
  8. Demix
  9. Zexion
  10. Xemnas
  11. Mickey Mouse
  12. Cloud

Kind of surprised how low Cloud is considering how much Japan likes FF7. But I agree. I would probably place Xemnas a little higher, but that's just me. Sora and Roxas being in the top two are the correct choices.

Favorite female characters
  1. Aqua
  2. Xion
  3. Kairi
  4. Naminé
  5. Laxerne
  6. Olette
  7. Tifa
  8. Maleficent

I expected Aqua to be that high but I am surprised that Kairi came in third. I personally really like her, but I was always under the impression the fanbase didn't like her.

They also got to vote which new Final Fantasy characters they would like to see appear in Kingdom Hearts 3:

1. Noctis (236 votes)
  2. FFXIII protagonist (201 votes)
  3. Zidane (81 votes)
  4. Chocobos (30 votes)
  5. Bartz (22 votes)

Justice.

Top Bottom