• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu: Kingdom Hearts characters popularity polls

Nephtes

Bad joke considering Terra's real name is Tina.

I'm not sure if you were joking but I'm going to bite the bait. Do you realize Terra is this guy? And Tina/Terra (FF6) haven't make her appearance in KH game yet.

See my edit:

original edit said:
according to Google, there is a Kingdom Hearts specific male character named "Terra"...
Go fuck yourself Nomura... No one outside of Japan calls "Terra" from FFVI "Tina"...

Clearly we have an M.Bison, Vega, Balrog problem here.

Wasn't a joke.

I didn't play any Kingdom Hearts after the original and like the first 3 hours of 2.

No one calls her "Tina" outside of Japan...

Ray Down

Banned
Oh god 358/2 was voted above KH1 on favourite games?

This series is so doomed. We Sonic fanbase now.

2d7.jpg

Zomba13

See my edit.

Wasn't a joke.

I didn't play any Kingdom Hearts after the original and like the first 3 hours of 2.

While yeah, no one calls her Tina in the west and her name is Terra, mutliple characters can have the same names. Just because the FFVI lady is called Terra doesn't mean there can't be another character also called Terra in a different series. KH has Riku and FFX has Rikku for instance.

Plus the guys name is Terra to go along with Ventus and Aqua, being Earth, Wind and Water, matching Sora, Riku and Kairi.

Rob2K19

See my edit:

Wasn't a joke.

I knew from your post you knew nothing about KH or the origins of the Terra (not surprising). I was being nice by calling it a "bad joke." lol

Nothing stops you from knowing a characters origin though. lol

Nephtes

I knew from your post you knew nothing about KH or the origins of the Terra (not surprising). I was being nice by calling it a "bad joke." lol

Nothing stops you from knowing a characters origin though. lol

Seeeeeeeee...
This is why I can't get into Kingdom Hearts.

I completed the ENTIRE first Kingdom Hearts and a large chunk of of second game and yet I still know "nothing" about Kingdom Hearts...

Edit: if I've played the entire first game in a series and all the way up to and past your Pirates of the Caribbean themed zone in the second entry and I still don't know any thing about your series... You've failed as a story teller. :p

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sora (284 votes)
Sora (210 votes)
Sora's gay boyfriend (188 votes)
Sora's gay boyfriend (98 votes)
Sora (38 votes)
Sora (32 votes)
Sora (14 votes)
Sora (10 votes)
Sora (7 votes)
Sora's gay uncle (7 votes)
Sora's gay pet hamster (7 votes)
Cloud (7 votes)

What kind of person would vote Olette as their favourite character anyway.

That's like voting fuckin Dario Rosso in RE character poll and he at least was entertaining.

Ydelnae

Seeeeeeeee...

I completed the ENTIRE first Kingdom Hearts and a large chunk of of second game and yet I still know "nothing" about Kingdom Hearts...

Edit: if I've played the entire first game in a series and all the way up to and past your Pirates of the Caribbean themed zone in the second entry and I still don't know any thing about your series... You've failed as a story teller. :p

The reason might be that you played the first two mainline entries and we are talking about a character introduced in the third mainline entry, but if you want to excuse your joke post with this driveby "KH writing sucks" when you haven't even experienced the bad KH writing then that's okay.

Seeeeeeeee...

Try making sense of Metal Gear Solid without Peace Walker. Or even with.

Sometimes side stories are pretty important to the narrative, being game number # ain't everything. Your 'trap' comment was also pretty gross.

Nephtes

The reason might be that you played the first two mainline entries and we are talking about a character introduced in the third mainline entry, but if you want to excuse your joke post with this driveby "KH writing sucks" when you haven't even experienced the bad KH writing then that's okay.

There was no joke post. There was absolutely a post made in error where I jumped to a conclusion based on my knowledge of Final Fantasy characters instead of double checking Google first...

Kingdom Heart's writing isn't terrible... It's just ...impenetrable.

ZeoVGM

Banned
This poll seems rigged. I can't imagine 200 people in the entire world actually like Roxas, much less whatever subgroup this survey was built for. Over Riku? I just can't honestly believe that.

Best character in the series man.

Gulz1992

I liked Xion in the manga, but I literally can't remember a single thing about her game counterpart aside from her admittedly great theme.

Also, Roxas is ranked higher than Riku? And Terra is ranked higher than Ventus and Mickey!?

DViiL.png

Ydelnae

Favorite game in the series
  1. Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix (308 votes)
  2. Kingdom Hearts II (201 votes)
  3. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (183 votes)
  4. Kingdom Hearts (90 votes)
  5. Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (76 votes)
  6. Kingdom Hearts 3D (39 votes)
  7. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix (35 votes)
  8. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (27 votes)
  9. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep 0.2 (9 votes)
  10. Kingdom Hearts re:coded (5 votes)

Favorite world:
  1. Twilight Town (240 votes)
  2. Traverse Town (86 votes)
  3. Halloween Town (69 votes)
  4. Destiny Island (53 votes)
  5. Hollow Bastion (51 votes)

Favorite enemy encounters:
  • Lingering Will (122 votes)
  • Shadow (62 votes)
  • Xion (58 votes)
  • Axel (48 votes)
  • Sephiroth (48 votes)
  • Xemnas (44 votes)
  • Vanitas (38 votes)
  • Xehanort (38 votes)
  • Roxas (36 votes)
  • Phantom (31 votes)

Favorite part of the Kingdom Hearts games
  1. Story (50%)
  2. Battle System (14%)
  3. Characters (14%)
  4. Music (12%)
  5. Other (5%)
  6. Secret Endings (3%)

Favorite unresolved plot point mistery
  1. What's inside Luxu's box
  2. Who are the 7 lights and 13 darknesses
  3. Who are the 13 darknesses lol
  4. Who is the Master of Masters and what is his goal
  5. Why does Xehanort have the Master of Masters keyblade

LycanXIII

Favorite enemy encounters:
  • Lingering Will (122 votes)
  • Shadow (62 votes)
  • Xion (58 votes)
  • Axel (48 votes)
  • Sephiroth (48 votes)
  • Xemnas (44 votes)
  • Vanitas (38 votes)
  • Xehanort (38 votes)
  • Roxas (36 votes)
  • Phantom (31 votes)

Generic Shadow Heartless?

Slater

Banned
Noctis stays winning

If they put him in then Gladio running a cup noodle stand in Hollow Bastion needs to be in there. Make it happen SE

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Aqua is the best protagonist, so... good to see her up there.

Glad Marluxia made it onto the list, at least.

Terra making up for lost votes with the Lingering Will.

Bartz and Sora would have the best chemistry with each other. I need to see that happen. I mean like... not romantically, lol

Iconic tbh. Sephiroth should definitely be top 2 tho

Question: When did they reveal that Xehanorts Keyblade is the Master of Master's?

I thought that was obvious? Back Cover straight out says it and even before that it was heavily implied.

Also I don't know why ''Why does Xehanort have the Master of Masters keyblade'' is even a mystery. Luxu passes the keyblade down until it was in the posession of Xehanort's master, the end.

Slater

Banned
Why is ventus not in the top 5 more importantly why is ventus below terra!!

Noctis and lightning better be in 3 man

Nomura couldn't even say XV's name after he got pulled remember? What would he even do with Noct if he brought him in? Make him VersusNoct or make him scrub out as "revenge"

inner-G

Banned
Go fuck yourself Nomura... No one outside of Japan calls "Terra" from FFVI "Tina"...
Terra makes sense as a protagonist in KH, he's the heavy powerful 'earth' one. The others are Ventus (air) and Aqua (water).

Tina seems more natural to me in English. The way of spelling a girls name like that is usually Tara. Terra always made me think of the shmup named Terra Cresta

Ydelnae

Nomura couldn't even say XV's name after he got pulled remember? What would he even do with Noct if he brought him in? Make him VersusNoct or make him scrub out as "revenge"

I can see him changing his name and design like he did to Squall.

Top Bottom