• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu: Kingdom Hearts characters popularity polls

DKHF

I was talking to raven777 earlier and he says it's unclear that Nomura says the timing for KH3 news is uncertain. It seems like that might just be the blog who initially reported on this week's Famitsu throwing that in like "there's still no info on KH3's next showing" and it's not what Nomura said. A scan is out of the page with his comment but it's poor quality (though even in the poor quality it seems Nomura doesn't mention the next KH3 showing according to raven) so we'll have to wait for better quality to know for sure.

It wouldn't make sense for him to say the timing is uncertain days after saying the next showing will be at one of the concerts.

Hexa

Why do people like Xion? I don't hate her. She just seemed to have like no character whatsoever.

Nomura feels like his long leash allows him to take all the time in the world but at some point, at some point, Square Enix will realize it's harming their company to let this fool to run off with a blank check and then draw Batman for no reason while doing his actual job on the side. He seems like a terrible game director, sure he's put out games, but as of late (after KH2) he doesn't seem to have direction or a fire under his ass getting him and the teams working effectively.

Agreed I mean his creativity should be celebrated and he is a decent story teller (debatable?) But he's an absolutely terrible manager and shouldn't ever be given main lead on projects again. In fact I was quite surprised they allow him once again spread himself across multiple projects even though that caused the initial 10 year delay of FFXV.

mortal

Gold Member
Why does a company like Square Enix make such a big fucking deal about updates for their upcoming games? Is it hold up from Disney? Hardly any other developer does this.

Just select a few screenshots of gameplay or of a cutscene, send them to some media outlets with a blurb or two, boom, update accomplished. How difficult can this be? They always want to throw an elaborate party for everything now. The planets need to align for the folks Square Enix to sneeze.

Ydelnae

I was speaking to raven777 earlier and he says it's unclear that Nomura says the timing for KH3 news is uncertain. It seems like that might just be the blog who initially reported on this week's Famitsu throwing that in like "there's still no info on KH3's next showing" and it's not what Nomura said. A scan is out of the page with his comment but it's poor quality (though even in the poor quality it seems Nomura doesn't mention the next KH3 showing) so we'll have to wait for better quality to know for sure.

It wouldn't make sense for him to say the timing is uncertain days after saying the next showing will be at one of the concerts.

I'm trying to read a bit more and it seems that you are right, the info about KH3 mentions that info about KH3 is unknown but it's not part of Nomura's message. I hope a mod can edit the KH3 part out of the title.

DKHF

I'm trying to read a bit more and it seems that you are right, the info about KH3 mentions that info about KH3 is unknown but it's not part of Nomura's message. I hope a mod can edit the KH3 part out of the title.
Thanks man. Hopefully Kagari or someone can please do so.

Noctis would fit so perfect in the Kingdom Hearts world to the point where if he was in a KH game before FF, I wouldn't be surprised.

Pejo

This poll seems rigged. I can't imagine 200 people in the entire world actually like Roxas, much less whatever subgroup this survey was built for. Over Riku? I just can't honestly believe that.

Gorillaz

This shit is never coming out, b

Noctis being liked as much isn't surprising. Easily one of the series best protags. Good buffer to the Lighting gen

But guys you have to trust Nomura with the FF7 reboot. Look how well he's managed his console projects!

I can't believe I waited an entire console generation for this game, and we're like halfway through the next one and we still barely know shit about this game. I'm so tired of this director

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This poll seems rigged. I can't imagine 200 people in the entire world actually like Roxas, much less whatever subgroup this survey was built for. Over Riku? I just can't honestly believe that.
I like Roxas.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
If this doesn't make it before March 2018, at what point does Nomura's total fucking inability to project manage become a last straw for Square Enix?

With most probably no KH3 for this fiscal year, they're just... totally devoid of a big game all year? Just remasters and packs. They're not even having to make the fucking engine this time either since its UE4. Why are they failing so hard to just make a damn videogame. God knows whats going on with FF7:R as a result too.

DKHF

Was supposed to be the early part of this year.
Hey can we get a title change please? The first part of the title is a misunderstanding:
I was talking to raven777 earlier and he says it's unclear that Nomura says the timing for KH3 news is uncertain. It seems like that might just be the blog who initially reported on this week's Famitsu throwing that in like "there's still no info on KH3's next showing" and it's not what Nomura said. A scan is out of the page with his comment but it's poor quality (though even in the poor quality it seems Nomura doesn't mention the next KH3 showing according to raven) so we'll have to wait for better quality to know for sure.

Staf

I played KH1 back in the day and really liked it. I'm getting this, but i'm only really interested in the disney characters...

JayEH

Nomura pls.

Anyway, the small number of votes for Larxene is disturbing. Glad noctis won the FF poll.

Seriously, I stopped caring about when this will be out or not. If it ever arrives I will gladly check this out. BIG Kingdom Hearts 1+2 fan talking. But what Square-Enix is doing with this franchise is beyond stupid.

I am sick of spinoffs, mobile games, remasters and a f****** prologue for 60€. And after that mess that Final Fantasy 15 was I am not even sure if they actually finish Kingdom Hearts 3 before they release it. Maybe it needs another year or two to be finalized with patches and DLC ...

DKHF

If this doesn't make it before March 2018, at what point does Nomura's total fucking inability to project manage become a last straw for Square Enix?

With most probably no KH3 for this fiscal year, they're just... totally devoid of a big game all year? Just remasters and packs. They're not even having to make the fucking engine this time either since its UE4. Why are they failing so hard to just make a damn videogame. God knows whats going on with FF7:R as a result too.
No, they were working with a work in progress engine (Luminous) until September 2014 then had to switch which would have set them back significantly. They've only been working with UE4 on KHIII for 2 and a half years (average dev time for a AAA game ranges between 3-5 years.)

Square Enix's "big game" for the fiscal year will be at least Dragon Quest XI, which will perform extremely well in Japan.

gMr3Rva.gif

Roxas has one of the best stories in the series

Top Bottom