• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu: Kingdom Hearts characters popularity polls

Rob2K19

Seeeeeeeee...
This is why I can't get into Kingdom Hearts.

I completed the ENTIRE first Kingdom Hearts and a large chunk of of second game and yet I still know "nothing" about Kingdom Hearts...

Edit: if I've played the entire first game in a series and all the way up to and past your Pirates of the Caribbean themed zone in the second entry and I still don't know any thing about your series... You've failed as a story teller. :p

Nah. That's on you. Birth by Sleep (the game Terra is in) has been advertised by trailer, website, and many other ways (HD collections, etc.) for a almost a decade now by Square Enix. You really have to ignore the series fully to not even hear of the character before, especially a main character that is playable like Terra. Lol

I really wonder if characters like Xion, Roxas, and Namine will get happy endings in KH3. It would just suck if their personalities were permanently absorbed into Sora and Kairi.

PlatStrat

Neo Member
How the fuck is Xion above Kairi, let alone number 2? Namine is 10x better than Xion and if we're counting Maleficent she should be right up there with Aqua.

Village

While, neat aren't these polls like horrible metrics to judge popularity? Very limited and specifically mostly children?

Regardless i like noctis being so high

What on earth

Battle system and music not topping the charts almost has me scratching my head as much as praising story.

Kingdom Hearts is basically a Square Enix telenovela featuring Disney, with all the sappiness, drama, asspulls and fanservice you'd come to expect of a long-running series. If you're asking long-time fans (as is probably the case with this poll) of course they'd be deeply invested into the story.

What on earth

Battle system and music not topping the charts almost has me scratching my head as much as praising story.

Nomura feels the same way:

The fact that "story" occupied the majority of responses in regards to fan's favourite parts of the series is a surprise. It occurred to me that most responses gathered this time must have been from pretty hardcore fans, seeing that the story is quite long and complicated. We always try our best to place our utmost effort into every aspect of our games, so I thought it would have been a more even spread.

from: https://www.khinsider.com/news/Nomura-s-comments-on-Famitsu-KH15-anniversary-survey-results-9059

raven777

Favorite game in the series
  1. Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix (308 votes)
  2. Kingdom Hearts II (201 votes)
  3. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (183 votes)
  4. Kingdom Hearts (90 votes)
  5. Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep (76 votes)
  6. Kingdom Hearts 3D (39 votes)
  7. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix (35 votes)
  8. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (27 votes)
  9. Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep 0.2 (9 votes)
  10. Kingdom Hearts re:coded (5 votes)

Favorite world:
  1. Twilight Town (240 votes)
  2. Traverse Town (86 votes)
  3. Halloween Town (69 votes)
  4. Destiny Island (53 votes)
  5. Hollow Bastion (51 votes)

I am surprised at how high 358/2 days is in the poll result. I guess it has to do with Roxas/Xion's popularity as well..
Also a bit surprised at how high Twilight Town is compared to Traverse town..

Top Bottom