• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu: Kingdom Hearts III Interview with Nomura

Kingdom hearts are some of my favorite games of all time. If there is a frozen world, I would seriously consider not buying it
This is the silliest post I've seen in this thread. There are plenty of times KH went to worlds I wasn't a huge fan of, but it didn't make me not buy the game.

Be pragmatic. If the game includes it, it'll sell better in JPN and towards kids. So you won't buy it? Whoop whoop. A dozen kids will replace you. Simple as that. It'll even look pretty nifty graphically.

So like EVERY disney movie? I don't why you would hate frozen but not all disney properties? Every single thing you said can be applied to all disney movies and yet you still play KH.

Ummmm no? Because I dislike one movie for reasons, doesn't mean they are all the same. There are plenty of Disney movies I love. Wall-e is one of my favorite movies in general. For music, I found some of the songs in tangled to be quite original and fantastic. Idk how you can imply because one Disney movie has uninteresting characters, that all Disney movies have uninteresting characters

Mr-Joker

Banned
Watch they pull a Capcom and not put it on the Wii U.

Huh? Resident Evil Revelations got a Wii U port, though that doesn't mean that Kingdom Heart 3D will get a Wii U port.

Frozen is super popular in Japan. Is going to be there...

It better, no Frozen world then I ain't buying the game.

I'm dreading the Frozen world going be dull as film although I wonder if game going pull a random villain out its ass at end of world like the film.

Huh? It wasn't random at all.
Han showed signs of being the villain especially when he fought Elsa.

Let It Go remix played throughout the entire Frozen level.
tumblr_n1zi5rWB2V1r7b6cio1_500.gif

YES! YES! YEEEEES!

Um excuse me I have to go and change my underwear.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
According to the Osaka development team, Sora’s mobility is way too high, and it almost felt like he was invincible at around his end-game level.
So this means they have a substantial amount of game to work with...? If they already know how Sora functions at endgame, they must be at least decently far into development. I realize that not everything is developed in chronological order, but still, if they've been messing around with the battle system enough to make a statement like this, it certainly gives the impression that they have a good amount of the rest of the game to compare it to.

I would like to see a Frozen world just to watch how the PS4 renders all of that ice. Ice worlds are always great.

This is the silliest post I've seen in this thread. There are plenty of times KH went to worlds I wasn't a huge fan of, but it didn't make me not buy the game.

Be pragmatic. If the game includes it, it'll sell better in JPN and towards kids. So you won't buy it? Whoop whoop. A dozen kids will replace you. Simple as that. It'll even look pretty nifty graphically.

Alright, those kids can have fun while I don't put myself through torture

HeelPower

Why wouldn't Frozen be in the game ?

Its pretty much a billion $ franchise and including it in the game will get a lot more buyers.

By the time KH3 releases Frozen will have been out for a while anyway.

Tangled's good too.

I'm dreading the Frozen world going be dull as film although I wonder if game going pull a random villain out its ass at end of world like the film.

Random? Psh. I called that stuff within 15 minutes of the movie starting for the same reasons Kristoff had.

I just want more space, and for that space to be populated where appropriate (a cliffside doesn't need many people, but a city does).

StuBurns

Banned
So this means they have a substantial amount of game to work with...? If they already know how Sora functions at endgame, they must be at least decently far into development. I realize that not everything is developed in chronological order, but still, if they've been messing around with the battle system enough to make a statement like this, it certainly gives the impression that they have a good amount of the rest of the game to compare it to.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Nomura talked about Noctis' sword powers shown in the very first Versus trailer similarly if I remember correctly.

I know the world itself wouldn't work too well outside of Other Side shenanigans, but I've wanted to see a Dr. Facilier boss fight since he was introduced. It makes too much sense and would be too fucking pretty to not happen.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Nomura talked about Noctis' sword powers shown in the very first Versus trailer similarly if I remember correctly.
Yeah, my hopes aren't up too high. Still, though, it's a nice thought to have.

DDD HD wouldn't be worth $60, lol. It's a rushed, unfinished game that is severely lacking in content, and it's incredibly poorly balanced.

If BBS:FM HD is available as half of a $40 collection, DDD HD shouldn't cost more than $15. Period. $20 if it comes with a KH3 demo.

SykoTech

Imagine if they made Frozen a singing world like they did Atlantica in KHII. Lol.

I'm one of the few people on Earth that still hasn't seen Frozen. I'll catch it next year when it airs on Disney Channel or ABC

sn00zer

What the hell is this Kingdom Hearts X( Chi ) anyways

Its better if you dont know...its a browser game...thats all you need to know

also news of HD Kingdom Hearts 3D sounds great...I am afraid that they will try and Type-O it and just take up too much time and resources to try and justify a $60 price tag...instead of make a nice $20 PSN/XBL game

Imagine if they made Frozen a singing world like they did Atlantica in KHII. Lol.

I'm one of the few people on Earth that still hasn't seen Frozen. I'll catch it next year when it airs on Disney Channel or ABC
Its a completely average CG film with good animation, and one or two great scenes, outside of that though, its pretty meh. Go watch Rise of the Guardians instead

Kssio_Aug

Didn't they say they had no plans to bring the ReMix HD sets to the newer consoles?

They did? I hope youre wrong.
Anyway, they would lose a lot of money, many already replaced their las gen console to current gen. And also if theyre releasing KH3 for XB1 would be certainly a good idea to introduce Xbox owners to the entries.

eh

I adore disney animated musicals and thought the songs in it were pretty neat.
Sure. I was just highlighting that the movie is overly polarizing. Some people say it's the worst Disney thing ever made. Some say it's the best. I just think it's a typical Disney movie: Pretty darn good.

Sure. I was just highlighting that the movie is overly polarizing. Some people say it's the worst Disney thing ever made. Some say it's the best. I just think it's a typical Disney movie: Pretty darn good.
As long as this exists, this statement is nothing more than pure hyperbole

Chickenlittlesoundtrack.jpg

And THAT got represented in Kingdom hearts.

HeelPower

Did they do Pocahontas , 101 Dalmations(The classic version), or Hunch back ?

I didn't play DDD or the mobile/weird spin off stuff.

I also don't think BBS was good enough a representation of sleeping beauty and snow white ,but I doubt they're going there again.

Mailbox

Did they do Pocahontas , 101 Dalmations(The classic version), or Hunch back ?

I didn't play DDD or the mobile/weird spin off stuff.

I also don't think BBS was good enough a representation of sleeping beauty and snow white ,but I doubt they're going there again.

Hunchback was in ddd, Dalmatians appeared in kh1 as collectables, and since the world is real w/o fantastical elements, I don't see it being used (unless they spin it well).

I'm not sure about Pocahontas. It has a higher chance imo than Dalmatians, but since it has a rather mixed opinion (more so than frozen mind you), it might be a tough sell if nomura would want to do it.

Who knows though

Edit: I want them to do a jungle book world (there is scrapped data of one in bbs' code)

Kssio_Aug

Wow, I had no idea that 101 Dalmatians and Frozen had those hate. I liked both, watched not long ago Frozen with my gf and we both enjoyed that quite a lot!

Kain

Random question, do we know if they have remastered the music for KH2 too? I'm asking because I remember a couple of songs where the quality was shit, specially "I am a pirate" which has to be the worst remix ever.

Sorry Yoko, but that song sounded horrible :(

I think it's more about the huge deal of praise/hype it garnered after release and the situation of having to watch it again, and again, and again, AND again, than the actual film itself when it comes to Frozen.

I also think that its themes/message is centered on a specific audience more so than the other Disney films that tend to be a bit broader, so thus the appeal isn't going to be there.

Personally, I enjoy the movie, but I am sick of being put through it multiple times (sometimes per day). Same thing happened with Tangled recently for me. First viewing or two: great Disney film. Constant viewings after: I have a dream to rather be put through Frozen again.

Random question, do we know if they have remastered the music for KH2 too? I'm asking because I remember a couple of songs where the quality was shit, specially "I am a pirate" which has to be the worst remix ever.

KH2's soundtrack has been remastered, yes. There's actually some direct feed footage showing the new version of that particular theme, IIRC.

Ascenion

I don't necessarily have a problem with Frozen more than likely being in the game, I just take issue with the fact that there are far more interesting and deserving films/universes in the Disney vault that should. Also if Frozen is in and there is still no Pixar, I'm calling bullshit. I mean A Bug's Life, Nemo, The Incredibles, Brave, Wall-E, Toy Story all untouched but Frozen makes it in. They better not and it better not be a sickeningly important world.

Yes, and "I am a Pirate" sounds pretty great now.

HeelPower

Hunchback was in ddd, Dalmatians appeared in kh1 as collectables, and since the world is real w/o fantastical elements, I don't see it being used (unless they spin it well).

I'm not sure about Pocahontas. It has a higher chance imo than Dalmatians, but since it has a rather mixed opinion (more so than frozen mind you), it might be a tough sell if nomura would want to do it.

Who knows though

Edit: I want them to do a jungle book world (there is scrapped data of one in bbs' code)

I don't know..Cinderella was used.

Pocahontas is amazing...The fact it gets shit for not being historically accurate still boggles my mind.

My favorite Disney movie.

Mailbox

I don't necessarily have a problem with Frozen more than likely being in the game, I just take issue with the fact that there are far more interesting and deserving films/universes in the Disney vault that should. Also if Frozen is in and there is still no Pixar, I'm calling bullshit. I mean A Bug's Life, Nemo, The Incredibles, Brave, Wall-E, Toy Story all untouched but Frozen makes it in. They better not and it better not be a sickeningly important world.

The problem comes with what nomura can use, not what Disney has. He even said that he tries to get permission everytime Disney gains a property he is interested in. Disney just has a tight leash on some of their IPs, which is why we don't see many world we want. (Exception to Tarzan, different ip issue making it so that no future world's can be set in that movie)

Kain

KH2's soundtrack has been remastered, yes. There's actually some direct feed footage showing the new version of that particular theme, IIRC.

Yes, and "I am a Pirate" sounds pretty great now.

Ooooh yissss, thanks for the info. Not that I needed another reason to buy the game, but still xD

About the worlds, If I remember correctly, every little decision concerning their characters must be approved by Disney, so it might be harder for the developers to choose than we think.

Now, what world would I want? I'd like a world set in Egypt or the Temple of Doom with Indy with Sora as his sidekick (not the other way around!) running from giant boulders or doing the mining cart sequence. Not Star Wars, Indiana Jones, mangs, I'm drooling just thinking about it. It would totally work, no one could think before release that the Pirate's and Tron's worlds would fit and they totally did. These guys can pull it off.

Did DDD use the dual screens in any meaningful way? Otherwise I might as well wait for the HD port.

Well, touchscreen kinda but nothing that cannot be ported over in different ways. For example you would use the touchscreen to use a slingshot but that could easily be put on analogue stick. There were a few pet raising minigames where it would be more difficult but nothing of value would be lost if those were replaced with something else. The basic gameplay does not need a touchscreen.

Also if there was a situation where DDD HD was on PS4 the touchpad could replace touchscreen on many occasions.

Anything that the second screen showed can pretty much be either removed or just replace the gameplay for the duration of event that has anything important happening on bottom screen.

Mailbox

I don't know..Cinderella was used.

I did say unless they spin it well.

Though I can't see Disney approving it since kinda have a thing against their villains smoking since cruella's inception.

I can see her being a good "Disney boss villain" though.
Who knows.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I saw Frozen and wasn't a huge fan of it.

A Frozen world has potential to be absolutely stellar.

Top Bottom