• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu: Kingdom Hearts III Interview with Nomura

ibnrfucB0YNB1Z.gif

Just abandon the damn Luminous for current projects and go with UE4 or something if that is the reason for engine issues. They even seem to have given up on that when it comes to XV. Oh well whatever.

nah... so tired of the UE circle jerk.
It's the reason most games looked the same last gen.

I want to see some diversity this gen that pushes the PS4 in many different ways.

If I have to see another moment where I enter a level BEFORE the textures even load I'm gonna shoot somebody.

calm down bro... development is going smooth... its almost as if you didn't even read that part.
Don't you believe it!

Doesn't have to be UE. Can be anything. It's just my speculation that if they really wanted to use KH3 as the first true Luminous engine game who knows how it affects it if they are having problems with it(the problem with the quote tho is that ''engine problems'' could mean anything).

I'm on the camp that don't really care about KH3 pushing next gen or whatever. Just give me 1080p with nice cartoony graphics and I'd prolly be content if they actually can get the game out sooner rather than later and for it not to be a mediocre title like DDD.

And just as an example I doubt UE4 would make KH3 look similar to any other game that might be worked on that engine. I think UE3 just got a lil too much bad rep concidering the type of high profile games it gave us.

Also gieb that Star Wars world. Haters be damned!

As for DDD HD, at this point I can't imagine them not doing it. It's the most obvious title to make between 2.5 and 3, not that many people got to play it and it actually is very closely tied to KH3 and it could be a good title to bundle with a next gen collection of 1.5+2.5 for whoever is double dipping on those. Too bad I don't like that title too much but I would certainly buy it :/.

legacyzero

Banned
Having trouble getting idea's for Disney worlds? Visit some Final Fantasy ones, too!

Just imagine it. Sora, Donald, and Goofy doing battle at Balamb Garden, Junon Reactor, Lifa Tree, Zozo, Cocoon, etc.

I just threw some locations out there.

Square Enix seem to be having some sort of design problems due to engine-related issues, but currently, they’ve advanced in the scenario writing and world choices, along with designs for Sora and Riku’s new outfits.

For christ sake, get it together SE!

I hope Luminous is not Cristal Tools 2.0....

Mesoian

Having trouble getting idea's for Disney worlds? Visit some Final Fantasy ones, too!

Just imagine it. Sora, Donald, and Goofy doing battle at Balamb Garden, Junon Reactor, Lifa Tree, Zozo, Cocoon, etc.

I just threw some locations out there.

FUCKING
DISNEY
AFTERNOON.

WHOEEYAH
TAIL SPIN
WHOEOH
TAIL SPIN
FRIENDS FOR LIFE THROUGH THICK AND THIN
FOR ANOTHER TAIL SPIN

A DERTH of great content they could use.

Mailbox

Kingdom hearts are some of my favorite games of all time. If there is a frozen world, I would seriously consider not buying it

I don't get this logic.

I can see such a world working. Winter themed heartless. Snow effects fitting of the current generation. Maybe even a lil like how the winter section of Halloween town in kh2?

I can see it working well.
Is it just some sort of blind hate for frozen that you wouldn't by a game from a series where some of the games are your favourites?

I don't understand it when people do this...

Skilletor

I want to see some diversity this gen that pushes the PS4 in many different ways.

If I have to see another moment where I enter a level BEFORE the textures even load I'm gonna shoot somebody.

No, the reason most games looked the same is because developers made it them look the same.

The engine doesn't dictate art direction.

I don't get this logic.

I can see such a world working. Winter themed heartless. Snow effects fitting of the current generation. Maybe even a lil like how the winter section of Halloween town in kh2?

Is it just some sort of blind hate for frozen that you wouldn't by a game from a series where some of the games are your favourites?

Yeah, the random hate for Frozen was always silly, but man are people taking it over the top here.

I'm really hoping we get a Frozen world, it would be mad beautiful in this engine.

legacyzero

Banned
I don't get this logic.

Yeah, the random hate for Frozen was always silly, but man are people taking it over the top here.

It might be because some people are so fucking sick of Frozen, they could vomit.

I'm a father to a 4 year old girl. I swear, I'm gonna rip my heart out through my eye socket if I hear "Let It Go" one more time.
I hated the movie. Uninteresting characters, predictable plot, cliche songs...my niece has made me watch it like 8 times now. Tangled is far superior in every way imagineable IMO it's a kids movie though, so it did it's job I guess

Damn right, it is!

I don't get this logic.

I hated the movie. Uninteresting characters, predictable plot, cliche songs...my niece has made me watch it like 8 times now. Tangled is far superior in every way imagineable IMO it's a kids movie though, so it did it's job I guess

Hedge

Doesn't help that Frozen is rather a mediocre film that clearly suffered from their own "brilliant" rewrite due to early preview feedback.

Other than that, I'd actually like a winter/snow-themed world.

Mailbox

It might be because some people are so fucking sick of Frozen, they could vomit.

I'm a father to a 4 year old girl. I swear, I'm gonna rip my heart out through my eye socket if I hear "Let It Go" one more time.

Unless they make it like Atlantica in kh2, there is nothing to suggest they will add a song there. No (or rather not many) worlds have, even from Disney movies with very popular songs such as Aladdin.

vypek

Nice news to hear. I wouldn't mind enjoying near invincibility at end game levels though. lol. Seems there is a bit of time before this happens so maybe I will play through all the game to refresh myself. I just want to play through the story in the actual chronological order. I hate how its spread over so many platforms.

StuBurns

Banned
Development is going well because the story and outfits? Nomura strikes again?

SE's engine woes are just beyond belief at this point. I don't know why they can't get their shit together.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Well RIME and Dead Island 2 do basically look like visual clones so your argument seems to hold a lot of water for UE4.

Damn right, it is!
Let It Go remix played throughout the entire Frozen level.
tumblr_n1zi5rWB2V1r7b6cio1_500.gif

RGamer2009

Neo Member
There are plenty of Disney worlds we haven't explored yet. The question is how far are they willing to go to do their homework to find them and make them work in KH.

I can list a bunch of worlds that could work in the next KH, like Frozen, Tangled, Wreak-It Ralph, Great Mouse Detective, Atlantis, Pocahontas, The Rescuers, Robin Hood, The Jungle Book, The Black Cauldron, The Incredibles, Toy Story, UP, Lilo and Stitch, A world based on Final Fantasy, and so many more.

Issues that they have to solve are whether these worlds are unique enough to appear, if their stories can "mesh" with the KH mythos, and if there is a conflict within the story that could foster heartless. It isn't as easy as you would believe to make the worlds "work" with KH.

For instance, Cinderella's world (Castle of Dreams) was one of the more complicated worlds to mesh, and had 2 separated bits. Ventus was made really small to interact with the mice and Cinderella in the house, while Aqua and Terra were human sized and interacted with people at normal height. They have to think of those kinds of issues when making the worlds.

There are so many beautiful UE3 games, breh. This is from Mind: Path to Thalamus:

Mind-Path-to-Thalamus-Review-Screenshot-Wallpaper-Bridge-to-Nowhere.jpg

mind14.jpg

jTAuwLCqL3bsH.jpg

if8xPAyRhrgrt.jpg

Mr Buddy

『Inaba Resident』;131466779 said:
Top 3 worlds needed:
1. Wreck-It Ralph
2. Incredibles
3. Toy Story

All of the references and cameos they could have in that world would be amazing :O I 100% support this

Mortemis

Banned
I don't see a problem with Marvel or Star Wars, it's not like KH is only made up of Disney princess movies, it wouldn't be more out of place than say Pirates of the Caribbean.

Top 3 worlds needed:
1. Wreck-It Ralph
2. Incredibles
3. Toy Story

A video game that uses multiple Disney movies adds a Disney movie that uses multiple video games? I'm down.

So like EVERY disney movie? I don't why you would hate frozen but not all disney properties? Every single thing you said can be applied to all disney movies and yet you still play KH.

StuBurns

Banned
It was never so much that UE3 has 'a look', in a sense it does, there were certain bump mapping reflective properties that you could typically point out, even on things people normally cite as looking different, like Mirror's Edge, but the whole specular reflections on shiny surfaces thing was more a result of the advent of that technology, and the popularity of Gears, not some inherent result of UE3, Gears just happened to be the showpiece for that engine.

RK128

Top 3 worlds needed:
1. Wreck-It Ralph
2. Incredibles
3. Toy Story

Yes to all of these :D!

Wreck-it Ralph would be amazing if they get tons of Square Enix characters to flood the stage; classic characters, obscure ones and even sections of the world being lifted from other Square and Enix games :D. Not to mention, being able to explore more of the arcade world (Fix-it Felix, Suger Rush, the Ailen game) would be great too :). If they get some third party cameos in the world (Sonic, Mega Man, Street Fighter, ect) that would be even better :).

Incredibles seems to be such a perfect fit for KH. Would it fill the super-hero world and fits with Disney? Yes :). Does it have lots of great action and a great cast of characters with unique powers = really fun party members to add to your team? Yes :D. The excuse for Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku, Mickey
and Kiri
to fly around like super heroes with powers? Sign me up man XD! Such a great world that I really hope makes it in the game :).

Toy Story has to be a given at this point; Woody and Buzz was going to be summons in KH2:Final Mix for crying out loud before they were cut (um....Pixar didn't like it? Who knows really :()! Everyone turning into toy-versions of themselves would be very interesting and between three different movies, you can have a really great story for this world (they could even work the light/dark theme here like a glove; if based on the third movie, Lotso would turn into a heartless-like being due to feeling rejected, explaining the situation from the third movie in the game; Sora and everyone start out in Sunny Side and work there way back to Andy's House). Either way, would love to see a Pixar world and I think Square and Disney have been waiting for KH3 to finally start using there IP's :D.

RK128

...I'll say, early 2018.

Anyway, Nintendo has no say in KH3D right? As in, a HD version could be on whatever platform?

Why would Nintendo have a say to being with :l? They didn't say a single world when Capcom ported Revelations to consoles/PC, so why would they say anything to Square....

Granted, if it won't land on a Nintendo system alongside the other versions (Wii U, PS4, X1, PC(?)) then they might say something, but KH3D has been out of a few years already (I think it came out in 2011....so about, three years), so now is a good time to port it to other systems.

RK128

Sonic in Kingdom Hearts III? The world would end.

No, the world would be even better XD! He won't be using a Keyblade or anything, just pop up on the screen to yell "Watch out! If you die and aren't you're game, your dead for good! And that's no good."

....Sorry, would love to see Sonic in the game XD; just for how....odd it would be :D.

I don't get this logic.

Same. Doesn't matter, though because there will someone that will buy it because fof Frozen.

Tsunamo

I'm sure DDDHD will happen one way or another eventually.
Riku having new clothes implies that he'll have a playable scenerio too, which wouldn't suprise me after DDD.
Watch they pull a Capcom and not put it on the Wii U.
Well it's not like they've put 1.5 and 2.5 on anything other than PS3.
Don't care for the Frozen world, just give me a Toy Story world where I can team up with Buzz and Woody :)
My man.
I still think that'll be the first Pixar world they would bring into Kingdom Hearts after Woody and Buzz models being in KH2 Final Mix.

Not so sure about DDD
Imo it's not that great of an entry into the series. But I get that at the same time, it's important in terms of plot. Hrm.

RPGCrazied

I'm really hoping Dream Drop Distance HD comes to PS3 too, that way you can have the whole series on one platform. But then if they did that, they really couldn't include a KH III demo.

I'm really hoping Dream Drop Distance HD comes to PS3 too, that way you can have the whole series on one platform. But then if they did that, they really couldn't include a KH III demo.

The whole series will surely be available on two platforms, maybe three. PS4/One(Maybe PC)

Top Bottom