• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Oct 20 (Bayonetta Review O_O)

Monocle

Heh, wow. I was prepared for Bayonetta's score to be fake, but now it turns out that the 360 and PS3 versions got a 40 and 38 respectively? Crazy.

In before everyone starts making a big deal over a fucking two point disparity.

Darkman M

Monocle said:
Heh, wow. I was prepared for Bayonetta's score to be fake, but now it turns out that the 360 and PS3 versions got a 40 and 38 respectively? Crazy.

In before everyone starts making a big deal over a fucking two point disparity.

I don't think anyone will a 2 point difference is pretty gracious from what we have seen and played.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I don't think anyone will a 2 point difference is pretty gracious from what we have seen and played.

a 2 point difference implies only two reviewers noticed a difference.

plus sales wise it won't matter.

Famitsu showing a glimpse of credibility by review each version seperately? :eek:

there's been a fair amount of noise on this on 2ch and a fair few places prior to the 40 v 38 were commenting on the difference in demo quality and expecting them to review the PS3 version then just say "X360 ? same as PS3"

well, at least TWO reviewers though the difference were big enough to doc points.

A perfect score for Bayonetta from Famitsu is honestly not surprising at all.

The game is like the pinnacle of Japanese appeal, and I can't wait for it! :D

Momar said:
Lol
30skm60.png

lol None of those deserve a perfect score. (I am excluding the last four because I have not played any of those yet, but my point still stands. If the rest of the list didn't deserve that score, then odds are that the last four don't deserve it either.)

jett said:
And by them I mean PS3 owners.

It's too late. We already saw the check sticking out of your pocket.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
xs_mini_neo said:
lol None of those deserve a perfect score. (I am excluding the last four because I have not played any of those yet, but my point still stands. If the rest of the list didn't deserve that score, then odds are that the last four don't deserve it either.)
So tell me a game that deserves a perfect score.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
xs_mini_neo said:
Can you guys stop this or it'll go on forever?

Tell me now so I can leave this ship before it sinks.

KGKK

Banned
Trojan X said:
No, it is not up to par, however, you won't notice unless you compare the Xbox and PS3 version side by side. If you would like more information on the specifics then please look for my older post which should be on page 7 or 8.

Fuck that if that is the case I'm not just gonna rent it or buy it when it comes down in price. The PS3 is equal to 360 yet they cannot get it to run properly? This is def a case of laziness. Other multi games have matched before such as DMC4, Batman and even RE5(minimal difference unlike Bayonetta).

B.K.

More reviews.

Four Warriors of Light - 9/8/8/8

Tekken 6 - PS3 - 9/8/8/8/

Tekken 6 - XBox 360 - 9/8/8/8/

Persona 3 Portable - 8/8/8/8

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
xs_mini_neo said:
The only ones I could name off the top of my head right now are: Tetris, SMB1&3.
Nah, none of those deserves a top score.

See what I'm trying to get at?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
KGKK said:
Fuck that if that is the case I'm not just gonna rent it or buy it when it comes down in price. The PS3 is equal to 360 yet they cannot get it to run properly? This is def a case of laziness. Other multi games have matched before such as DMC4, Batman and even RE5(minimal difference unlike Bayonetta).
:lol

"Hey, uh, are you gonna get that PS3 port running better any time soon?"
"Naw, I don't feel like it today. I think I'm just gonna take a nap."

BlueWord

I'm curious, is the OP incorrect regarding the scores of Sin and Punishment 2 and Four Warriors of Light? The scans I'm seeing list Four Warriors of Light as 9/8/8/8, and Sin and Punishment as 8/8/8/7.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Yaweee said:
Interesting that they reviewed it this early. Expected it next week.

For context, P3 and P3 got 9/8/8/8. What did the review say?
Obviously a typo and yet still somehow appropriate.

Seiken said:
Nah, none of those deserves a top score.

See what I'm trying to get at?

Yes, they do. It's not a matter of opinion. If it was, I'd have named a list full of games that I think should get perfect scores, but may not deserve it because they have some kind of flaw. The ones I did list here are flawless. No stupid shit can be found in any of those three. No tutorials, no graphics over gameplay, universal appeal/gameplay, and they stand the test of time.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
B.K. said:
Scans are coming out now. Bayonetta got a 40/40 for the 360 version and 38/40 for the PS3 version.
Deserved from what I have played. I love this game.

B.K.

Final Fantasy XIII scans are on the way. One of the sites that has the scans says the XIII scans are uploading.

SapientWolf said:
:lol

"Hey, uh, are you gonna get that PS3 port running better any time soon?"
"Naw, I don't feel like it today. I think I'm just gonna take a nap."

This has always bothered me.

I am not a dev, but i rather doubt that 'lazyness' is ever an issue when we are talking about the entire studio as a whole.

Incompetence, lack of funding, lack of time, incompetence and lack of talent seem like they are all more likely.

MechaX

BlueWord said:
I'm curious, is the OP incorrect regarding the scores of Sin and Punishment 2 and Four Warriors of Light? The scans I'm seeing list Four Warriors of Light as 9/8/8/8, and Sin and Punishment as 8/8/8/7.

Boo at Sin and Punishment 2's score. But then again, has Famitsu ever taken a shine to Treasure games?

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
lorddarkflare said:
This has always bothered me.

I am not a dev, but i rather doubt that 'lazyness' is ever an issue when we are talking about the entire studio as a whole.

Incompetence, lack of funding, lack of time, incompetence and lack of talent seem like they are all more likely.
It is also a tougher platform to work on, plus it is a port. I doubt Platinum Games has substantially better programmers than Sega. However the guys at Sega must have been porting the 360 code the best they could, and sometimes you have to make sacrifizes to meet deadlines.

Yoshichan

xs_mini_neo said:
Yes, they do. It's not a matter of opinion. If it was, I'd have named a list full of games that I think should get perfect scores, but may not deserve it because they have some kind of flaw. The ones I did list here are flawless. No stupid shit can be found in any of those three. No tutorials, no graphics over gameplay, universal appeal/gameplay, and they stand the test of time.
No, they are not perfect. No, it's not "fact" in any way. Tetris is fun but it doesn't deserve a 10. SMB1 is boring as shit and SMW is much better than SMB3.

If it's "not a matter of opinion", how come I'm not agreeing with you? And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Tenbatsu

intheinbetween said:
yes MH3 was the last 40/40, i forgot heh

did MH3 deserve it?
MH3 actually deserve a high 9, about 9.5 but certainly not a 10. There are still some parts that need improvement and I think they will change it in the next release(MH3G). But visually, I'm very impressed.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
intheinbetween said:
yes MH3 was the last 40/40, i forgot heh

did MH3 deserve it?

Hell yeah it did- Capcom paid for a month's worth of top feature coverage!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So the Sin and Punishment: Successor to the Sky score is confirmed? What are the chances that Nintendo moneyhatted its 36?

EDIT: Never mind, saw the scans. It's 8/8/8/7.

What did the first one do?

Haunted

B.K. said:
Scans are coming out now. Bayonetta got a 40/40 for the 360 version and 38/40 for the PS3 version.
Damn, I wish Famitsu reviews weren't irrelevant, or I'd compliment them for finally discerning between the versions of multiplat titles which have (apparently) significant differences.

Just looking at that 40/40 list is making me shake my head.

Regulus Tera said:
So the Sin and Punishment: Successor to the Sky score is confirmed? What are the chances that Nintendo moneyhatted its 36?

EDIT: Never mind, saw the scans. It's 8/8/8/7.

What did the first one do?

You mean its 31?

Top Bottom