• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Oct 20 (Bayonetta Review O_O)

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
PS3版同じ。

Guaranteed first statement in at least one review in famitsu for the X360 version - regardless of any differences.

sphinx

the piano man
what! what! what!

what is this bayonetta thing? All I know is that the word appears in random topics here at neogaf.

40 out of 40? impressive, regardless of famitsu's credibility.

please tell me this isn't a FPS or some gta clone.

Is this game an epic adventure? man, I gotta do my reasearch.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
sphinx said:
what! what! what!

what is this bayonetta thing? All I know is that the word appears in random topics here at neogaf.

40 out of 40? impressive, regardless of famitsu's credibility.

please tell me this isn't a FPS or some gta clone.

Is this game an epic adventure? man, I gotta do my reasearch.
like DMC but fixed

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Rez said:
Rez smiled knowingly from his high horse.

:D

WickedLaharl said:
why are people taking famitsu reviews seriously? i mean bayonetta might be the greatest game of all time but i wouldn't take their word for it.

Yeah, for sure. It's pretty obvious that you need to accompany that review with like a jar of salt or something. And no, Bayonetta might not be the greatest game of all time :lol

Lumine

Are you sure this is real? Bayonetta does absolutely nothing for me and I usually love these kind of games. My opinion just comes from the aweful art direction though, so I guess that means nothing. It's just hard to imagine a game turning out that good when it looks so terribly uninspired.

Tekken 6 score seems low. :(

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
As the Japanese video game industry goes down, the number of Famitsu perfect scores for Japanese games go up. Its what I'd like to call the flailing-industry-discount for Famitsu's advertisment based review scores.

cvxfreak

intheinbetween said:
iirc, it hasn't been long since last 40/40 score, has it?

Last game to get it was Monster Hunter 3. Yeah.

And before that, Dragon Quest IX.

428: Shibuya was last December, and before that was MGS4 and SSBB. Bayonetta is the 6th game in two years to get a Famitsu 40, which means that half of Famitsu's perfect scores have come out in the last two years.

Darkman M

Lumine said:
Are you sure this is real? Bayonetta does absolutely nothing for me and I usually love these kind of games. My opinion just comes from the aweful art direction though, so I guess that means nothing. It's just hard to imagine a game turning out that good when it looks so terribly uninspired.

Tekken 6 score seems low. :(

What's low about two 9's & two 8's?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
  1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998, Nintendo, for Nintendo 64)
  2. Soulcalibur (1999, Namco, for Dreamcast)
  3. Vagrant Story (2000, Square Co., Ltd., for PlayStation)
  4. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2003, Nintendo for Nintendo GameCube)
  5. Nintendogs (2005, Nintendo, for Nintendo DS)
  6. Final Fantasy XII (2006, Square Enix, for PlayStation 2)
  7. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2008, Nintendo, for Wii)
  8. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008, Konami, for PlayStation 3)
  9. 428: Fūsasareta Shibuya de (2008, Sega, for Wii)
  10. Dragon Quest IX (2009, Square Enix, for Nintendo DS)
  11. Monster Hunter Tri (2009, Capcom, for Wii)
  12. Bayonetta

The Japanese Video Game industry: Suddenly incredibly awesome! What a coincedence!

confused said:
Holyshit !!!

I actually said this out loud, in real life. The game looks good, but 40/40 good? Oh well, I don`t read famitsu for the articles, only for the pretty pictures. I`ll wait with everyone else for western press reviews.

And the Tekken 6 review may not be the 40/40 I want it to be, but it is probably just because it is the same thing they have seen in arcades for a while now with new bells and whistles. Not too surprising.

Lumine

Darkman M said:
What's low about two 9's & two 8's?

I suppose low is the wrong term. I guess I'm just used to Tekken games getting a slightly warmer reception. Mainly though, I read the 6 as a score at first. :lol

xbhaskarx

Bayonetta is one of those games where I've never understood the GAF hype. That's a very impressive review score, but I remain skeptical.

DeBurgo

Cool, I think.

The Bayonetta demo did something really weird to my brain, I'm looking forward to playing the full version.

imtehman

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
As the Japanese video game industry goes down, the number of Famitsu perfect scores for Japanese games go up. Its what I'd like to call the flailing-industry-discount for Famitsu's advertisment based review scores.

must explain why IGN gives 9.5's like gangbusters

As it is SEGA I am hoping the 360 version is region free as I dont wanna wait till January!

gonna have to import sin and punishment 2 also. Hikari no 4 Senshi: Final Fantasy Gaiden 9/9/9/9 :)

grandjedi6 said:
  12. Bayonetta

The Japanese Video Game industry: Suddenly incredibly awesome! What a coincedence!

so wait, Bayonetta is the only multiplatform title with a 40/40 score? wow

Kard8p3

More than anything I'm happy with the Final Fantasy score. That's the review I'd like to actually be able to read.

Wow @ bayonetta score :O

Any word on whether any of the reviewers mentioned differences between the 2 versions? Still trying to decide which one to buy :/

xbhaskarx

grandjedi6 said:
  12. Bayonetta

Interesting, apparently since 2005 or so, the Famitsu review scores are trending in the opposite direction from reality...

Danielsan

It's a Kamiya game. People are shocked that it's awesome?
I really enjoyed the action in the demo despite the fact that I was playing the shitty inferior PS3 version.

Unless they fix that shit for the Western release I'm definitely getting the 360 version.
It doesn't have online play anyway and leaderboards be damned.

Darkman M

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Wow @ bayonetta score :O

Any word on whether any of the reviewers mentioned differences between the 2 versions? Still trying to decide which one to buy :/

Xbox 360 version is the superior version of this game.

nib95

Banned
From video's and screens Bayonetta didn't appeal to me too much. Just seemed like yet another stylised DMC clone. Maybe I was overly pessimistic and pre-emptively critical? From this score it seems it could be quite special. I'll wait for more reliable reviews, ala GT, GiantBomb, IGN, 1UP etc.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
nib95 said:
From video's and screens Bayonetta didn't appeal to me too much. Just seemed like yet another stylised DMC clone. Maybe I was overly pessimistic and pre-emptively critical? From this score it seems it could be quite special. I'll wait for more reliable reviews, ala GT, GiantBomb, IGN, 1UP etc.

:lol

Capo said:
When is Bayonetta released in Euroland?

Q1 2010 is all we know. Lots of SEGA games are region free though although I am not sure if that includes the Japanese versions.

The Japanese 360 Demo is in english also..

Top Bottom