• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Oct 20 (Bayonetta Review O_O)

grandjedi6 said:
  1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998, Nintendo, for Nintendo 64)
  2. Soulcalibur (1999, Namco, for Dreamcast)
  3. Vagrant Story (2000, Square Co., Ltd., for PlayStation)
  4. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2003, Nintendo for Nintendo GameCube)
  5. Nintendogs (2005, Nintendo, for Nintendo DS)
  6. Final Fantasy XII (2006, Square Enix, for PlayStation 2)
  7. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2008, Nintendo, for Wii)
  8. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008, Konami, for PlayStation 3)
  9. 428: Fūsasareta Shibuya de (2008, Sega, for Wii)
  10. Dragon Quest IX (2009, Square Enix, for Nintendo DS)
  11. Monster Hunter Tri (2009, Capcom, for Wii)
  12. Bayonetta

The Japanese Video Game industry: Suddenly incredibly awesome! What a coincedence!

2 maybe 3 games on the list deserve their scores.

Mr.NiceGuy

Why are some of you happy with the scores ? Famitsu maybe the worst magazine when it comes to reviewing games, forget about "maybe" they really are the worst.

Any new games news ?

Jonnyram said:
428 came out for PS3/PSP too.

iirc, 428 was first released for Wii and some weeks after being reviewed by Famitsu it was announced being ported to PS3/PSP, am i wrong?

i mean, Bayonetta is the first multiplatform from the get go title to hit a 40/40,isn't it?

Darkman M said:
Xbox 360 version is the superior version of this game.

Yeah but did the reviewers mention anything regarding which one was reviewed or anything? Going by the 40 it was most likely the 360 version but just want to be sure.

Blablurn

wow, i came into this thread, saw the bayonetta score and began to laugh :lol

i'm no hater; even played the game at cologne. loved it. but... that was just random :lol

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Yeah but did the reviewers mention anything regarding which one was reviewed or anything? Going by the 40 it was most likely the 360 version but just want to be sure.
Gaming perfection cannot be defiled by a few missing frames and some muddy textures.

Zzoram

I'm assuming the score could be true if they are talking about pure gameplay. The story looks ridiculous, but I guess all Japanese stories are.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Son of Godzilla said:
I'm pretty sure you mean until the great whale devours the universe and time begins again.
that's actually Mikami's next game

neo2046

Jonnyram said:
So do we have ANY news apart from the review scores?
actually it seems no one in Japan got the mag yet

it is rumored the mag has been delayed one day because Nintendo has something big to announce in this week

manzo

Citizens of 2ch news are also laughing at the Bayonetta score. Especially that the PS3 version got the same perfect score.

Gomitsu indeed.

sphinx

the piano man
grandjedi6 said:
  1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998, Nintendo, for Nintendo 64)
  2. Soulcalibur (1999, Namco, for Dreamcast)
  3. Vagrant Story (2000, Square Co., Ltd., for PlayStation)
  4. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2003, Nintendo for Nintendo GameCube)
  5. Nintendogs (2005, Nintendo, for Nintendo DS)
  6. Final Fantasy XII (2006, Square Enix, for PlayStation 2)
  7. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2008, Nintendo, for Wii)
  8. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008, Konami, for PlayStation 3)
  9. 428: Fūsasareta Shibuya de (2008, Sega, for Wii)
  10. Dragon Quest IX (2009, Square Enix, for Nintendo DS)
  11. Monster Hunter Tri (2009, Capcom, for Wii)
  12. Bayonetta

Man, what a list.

The first big missing game is no doubt Super Mario Galaxy.

and as much as I love wind waker, it had some flaws. 9s across the board with one 10 for the charm would be more fitting.

and Final Fantasy XII, the best of the numerical final fantasies?? No way. what the hell happened to FF7? wasn't it side by side with Ocarina the 2nd coming of christ back in the late 90's ?

DMC + Female protagonist = Famitsu 10

Still, I enjoyed the demo, despite not looking very impressive on the ps3...if they didn't fix the issues, this game is nowhere near that kind of score on the ps3

xfactor

Banned
The Bayonetta review has been reported on 4 or 5 Japanese sites. I'm risking my account here =( wouldn't want to risk any further by posting the 'news' that have supposingly surfaced

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This score made me so fucking HYPED.

xfactor said:
The Bayonetta review has been reported on 4 or 5 Japanese sites. I'm risking my account here =( wouldn't want to risk any further by posting the 'news' that have supposingly surfaced

now i'm intrigued to know about those supposed news :lol

Monocle

Haha, wow. Even though I can't bring myself to put too much stock in a score from any one game review source, I'm really glad to see that Bayonetta was so well received by Famitsu. Hopefully this induces sales.

Edit: Well, it was a nice thought. Even if the score is bogus, my anticipation for Bayonetta will remain as high as ever on the strength of the demo and the game's pedigree.

bloke

I think source for all those sites claiming Bayonetta got 4x10 was single post on 2ch, but there were no scans, or at least I didn't see any...

Monocle

bloke said:
I think source for all those sites claiming Bayonetta got 4x10 was single post on 2ch, but there were no scans, or at least I didn't see any...
I was going to link to this site, but then I noticed its source is this thread. :lol

duckroll

Jonnyram said:
So do we have ANY news apart from the review scores?

The guy who posted these scores also posted a bunch of news. But since there's no proof that any of this is real.... :)

I hope xfactor realizes that his entire account is now on the line because of a few Japanese sites going "Hmm... is it true Bayonetta got a 40/40 from Famitsu?". If this turns out to be fake, I'm afraid he's not coming from again. :(

Top Bottom