• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Oct 20 (Bayonetta Review O_O)

U K Narayan said:

More importantly:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (1998, Nintendo, for Nintendo 64)
Soulcalibur (1999, Namco, for Dreamcast)
Vagrant Story (2000, Square Co., Ltd., for PlayStation)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2003, Nintendo for Nintendo GameCube)
Nintendogs (2005, Nintendo, for Nintendo DS)
Final Fantasy XII (2006, Square Enix, for PlayStation 2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2008, Nintendo, for Wii)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2008, Konami, for PlayStation 3)
428: Fūsasareta Shibuya de (2008, Sega, for Wii)
Dragon Quest IX (2009, Square Enix, for Nintendo DS)
Monster Hunter Tri (2009, Capcom, for Wii)
Bayonetta (2009, Sega, for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3)

I'm buying it anyway, but that's good for the game.

ravien56

twinturbo2 said:
Now that I think of it, since Bayonetta's outfit is made out of her living hair, what happens if she has a case of the runs? Wouldn't that, you know, get in her hair? I wonder why the developers didn't think of this shit... oh God, I hope nobody was eating when I said that crap...
Dude fuck you. I'm eating a steak.

Kobun Heat said:
If FF13 gets 39/40 it would mean they juuuuuuuuuuuust couldn't come up with the money.

2akhis2.jpg

Oh my god, I'm losing it here. :lol :lol

Trojan X

Banned
I promise you all this... What you have seen from the demo will NOT prepare you from the absolute awe, epic scales and utter SHOCKS that you will experience from the incredible full version.

BTW - practise well on the demo version too because it will be handy for you. However, please bear in mind that you will still need to know learn how to PARRY (Parrying is similar to SFIII third strike), appropriately using the Afterburner kick, etc, as those moves were deliberately removed from the demo version.

I can't wait to see the launch line in Japan. Hehe, funnily, quite a few girls are really anticipating this game... Awesome!

Now, SEGA Europe & America, what the heck are you going to do now they got a sure hit? They got ALOT of grounds to fill because if they don't then they will be in for some major trouble.

Yaweee

Surgeon Rocket said:
I'm confused: How are the review scores leaked and there is no actual review text?

Perhaps some guy just posted the scores, rather than taking full pictures of or transcribing the review pages?

The shitty score for Elminage 2 adds credibility.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Ahh.

I'm seeing speculation that this issue was supposedly held back and was wondering what was up. Thanks.

lupinko

Arpharmd B said:
There is nothing "unstable" about the framerate on 360. It's 55-60 constantly with small dips to 45 hear and there. You don't even notice the drops when you're playing. The only reason I know it drops to 45 sometimes is because I watched a video on Eurogamer which shows it.

The PS3 version, however, peaks at 45. Most of the time it's between 30-45 with dips in the 20's. Fantastic game though from what I have played thus far.

Does not compute.

Trojan X

Banned
lupinko said:
Does not compute.

Basically, in simple terms its like this.

If you got NFS Shift and FORZA game/demo then take a look at both of them. NFS moves nicely but FORZA moves silky smooth. Now, imagine on NFS Shift the game's movements starts juddering when lots of cars appears on the screen, then when there are less cars on the screen the game goes back to its normal speed. Now imagine the same thing for FORZA but instead of juddering the game still appears to move silky smooth... That's basically what happens to Bayonetta on the PS3 and Xbox - the PS3 version is the NFS Shift and the XBox version is the FORZA.

Remember, you have to compare in order to notice because it isn't obviously when you stick to one version. Lastly, do not be dismayed from the PS3 version but if you can select between each version then definitely you should focus all attention on the Xbox version as that's the best one. Again, why? Because the game was originally developed for the Xbox by Platinum Games and SEGA ported the PS3 version.

Bizzyb

Banned
AniHawk said:
It may or may not exist in this plane of existence.

Man I swear you say some of the weirdest shit I ever seen. Does anyone even understand you or is this some kind of inside mentality I just can't grasp.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
john tv said:
People keep talking about seeing "all" of Bayonetta -- does it turn into Phantasy Star V halfway through or something? What's the deal?

Well, if it did, that would explain the 40/40...

Peff

lupinko said:
Does not compute.

The framerate analysis' result dropped because the cutscenes are capped at 30 and that counts toward the average fps. In-game it hardly moves from around 55.

if you played the demo or have been paying attention, it's pretty easy to see the game as a whole is going to be over the top to a level we obviously haven't seen before.

Trojan X

Banned
quinntendopower said:
if you played the demo or have been paying attention, it's pretty easy to see the game as a whole is going to be over the top to a level we obviously haven't seen before.

Yes. And the best part is that the demo is absolutely NOTHING in comparison to the main game itself.

Damn, funnily, not only is Bayonetta practically a walking last boss that you control, she's also buff and ranchy as hell! Heh, If she was a real women that was my gf then I would have lost the plot.

Well I've played the 360 demo and the falling clock tower level is enough to make me believe this score is deserved. This game can't come soon enough.

jett

D-Member
Trojan X said:
Now, SEGA Europe & America, what the heck are you going to do now they got a sure hit? They got ALOT of grounds to fill because if they don't then they will be in for some major trouble.

I for one will help in spreading the word of the quality work Sega has done on the PS3 port. That should help them out!

And by them I mean PS3 owners.

Tom Penny

Pai Pai Master said:
Am I the only one who thinks a multi-platform title shouldn't receive a perfect score unless both versions are, well, perfect?

25-45 FPS and 55-60 FPS is not a noticable difference in a game like Bayonetta

vermadas

jett said:
I for one will help in spreading the word of the quality work Sega has done on the PS3 port. That should help them out!

You keep fighting the good fight my friend. While you are doing that, I will look forward to playing this amazing game on my Microsoft Xbox 360 (TM) console.

jett

D-Member
vermadas said:
I will look forward to playing this amazing game on my Microsoft Xbox 360 (TM) console.

Just as God intended. I consider Bayonetta a 360 exclusive pretty much.

george_us

jett said:

If Sega didn't pull the dick move of region locking the PS3 version, I would have imported that and bought the US 360 version. You hear that Sega? I would have bought TWO copies!

george_us said:
If Sega didn't pull the dick move of region locking the PS3 version, I would have imported that and bought the US 360 version. You hear that Sega? I would have bought TWO copies!

PS3 version has no region lock...

Top Bottom