• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu review scores - PS4 launch blowout

system11

Resogun one of the lowest rated PS4 games? Okay, Famitsu, whatever you say.

Well they do live in the land of very much better arcade games still being on arcade floors.

I always thought it was overrated and their score (which is still good) is about right when compared to all the peers many western reviewers seem unaware of.

vg260

Why are we discussing Famitsu review scores, again? Seriously, they're corrupt to the bone and never ever helpful.

Yeah, I only check to see if they're lower than 5 which would most likely be a legit poor game. Otherwise they're worthless to me.

Wow Knack's scores must be the lowest the magazine has given out in about 5 years.

Fuck - just look at those reviews! I remember a time when a high score from Famitsu was basically impossible.

Amir0x

Banned
Mrbob convinced me to try out Dynasty Warriors on PS4 since it's been a while since I last played a Dynasty Warriors game. I am ready to slaughter the hordes of unwashed enemies

kris.

Banned
Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4) – 9/9/9/9 [36/40]

giphy.gif

Jomjom

Banned
That launch line-up looks so much better than the west lauch line-up.

If the PS4 doesn't do well...

All of those games could have scored a 45/40 and the PS4 still isn't going to do well. Maybe better compared to the PS3 because it's launching at a lower price, but that's about it. It's not portable, it's not selling.

Warewolf

That Yakuza Ishin score is looking good! I may have to start off this generation with some hot imported action. Or maybe I should just wait for it to be localised in the US. Right guys? . . . . . . guys?

Why score the PS4 version of YI one point higher than the triple version? Does it have more content or something? I'm pretty sure it doesn't, but maybe I missed some announcements?

ascii42

Why score the PS4 version of YI one point higher than the triple version? Does it have more content or something? I'm pretty sure it doesn't, but maybe I missed some announcements?
I guess that one person thought the ps4 improved the experience. Probably runs better or something.

Asd202

I guess that one person thought the ps4 improved the experience. Probably runs better or something.

More like it's a PS4 issue so a lot of potential PS4 buyers will get it so we have to make them happy. That's also why they will always give a popular series or bigger buget Japanese games high scores. That's how Famitsu works.

Typically, I do not care about review scores, but some of these seem way too generous. I am surprised to see a FPS and sports games getting rated high in Japan.

Top Bottom