• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu review scores - PS4 launch blowout

Not only will the PS4 sell , it will sell well.

I think PS4 will sell admirably well at first because it is essentially the only ticket in town for HD gaming and the PS3 is antiquated, but I am not so sure about the long term. Seems like portables are taking over and consoles are losing popularity over in Japan. Hopefully, I am wrong though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
How in the hell is Resogun one of the lowest scoring launch games! It's by far the best launch game I've played, even if the content is slim.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Dat Ghosts score.. It's easily the worst COD in years, granted i haven't played all the recent ones but they really messed up with this one.

I've played all of the Call of Duty's since 4 fairly extensively, and yeah, reading that score made me wince and go "eeeeeeewwww...."

Also, no Battlefield?

Imm0rt4l

Give how few Japan-centric games there are at launch its really important that Famitsu score well.

Its really surprising to see just how little Sony prepared despite the delay.
Good point, but I just dont think it would be indicative of much as famitsu scores are inflated as hell.

I just gameflyed knack and I'm actually really enjoying it. So add in that
i don't know what in classified as. Dumb adult?

Don't feel bad. I also liked Knack even if it wasn't the most complex game I played, I still think it's fun in a Crash Bandicoot, old school platformer way.

Hubble

In related magazine news, the next issue of Famitsu will release two days before PlayStation 4′s February 22 in Japan. It will contain a 35-page PlayStation 4 buyer’s guide and 44-page PlayStation 4 software catalog.

Well, this just won Japan. Good marketing by Sony displaying PS4 as the main console in Japan.

nib95

Banned
Some strange scores to say the least. Resogun scoring so low comparatively, and Ghosts so high, among just a few.

These scores are so inflated, everything is a 9.

Is Famitsu still relevant at all in Japan as a review outlet? Their scores seem so random to me, at least in the last few years.

Also, I've always wondered why there doesn't seem to be any review website from Japan around, at least on aggregators like Metacritic or Gamerankings. Metacritic already counts multiple websites from non English speaking countries towards their metascore, you would think that, given how big Japan is on videogames, they would include some outlets from there as well.

First, here’s everything that’s not a PlayStation 4 Japanese launch title:

• Chou no Doku: Hana no Kusari Taishou Tsuyakoi Ibun (PSV) – 9/9/7/7 [32/40]
  • Kuroko no Basuke: Shouri e no Kiseki (3DS) – 8/8/8/8 [32/40]
  • Shin Koihime Musou: Otome Taisen Sangokushi Engi (PS3) – 7/7/7/6 [27/40]
  • Strider (PS3) – 9/8/8/9 [34/40]
  • Yakuza: Ishin (PS3) – 9/9/10/10 [38/40]

And now, the PlayStation 4 Japanese launch titles:
  • Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4) – 9/9/9/9 [36/40]
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4) – 9/9/9/9 [36/40]
    [*]Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends (PS4) – 9/10/9/9 [37/40]
  • Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4) – 8/8/8/8 [32/40]
  • Knack (PS4) – 6/7/8/7 [28/40]
  • NBA 2K14 (PS4) – 9/9/9/9 [36/40]
  • Nobunaga’s Ambition: Creation (PS4) – 10/9/9/8 [36/40]
  • Resogun (PS4) – 9/8/9/7 [33/40]
  • Strider (PS4) – 9/8/8/9 [34/40]
  • Tomb Raider (PS4) – 9/9/9/10 [37/40]
  • Yakuza: Ishin (PS4) – 9/10/10/10 [39/40]

In related magazine news, the next issue of Famitsu will release two days before PlayStation 4′s February 22 in Japan. It will contain a 35-page PlayStation 4 buyer’s guide and 44-page PlayStation 4 software catalog.

LINK

I haven't seen it posted anywhere on NEOGAF, thought I'd share:

Lock if OLD/Duplicate

BPht3.gif

farisr

I just gameflyed knack and I'm actually really enjoying it. So add in that
i don't know what in classified as. Dumb adult?

Nope. I loved it too, Knack campaign playthrough with 2 player co-op on hard is one the best times I've had with gaming in years. Though frankly, I'm not sure if I would've enjoyed the game if I was playing alone. The 2 player kinda helped alleviate some of the frustrating parts.

Main negative point I felt was that it seemed like they wasted their time on the story, either they should've come up with something more compelling or they should've kept in barebones.

The game handled great, good enemy variety, good enemy design. It may have gone on for a little too long (but that was also because the story seemed stretched/not interesting I believe).

Nope. I loved it too, Knack campaign playthrough with 2 player co-op on hard is one the best times I've had with gaming in years. Though frankly, I'm not sure if I would've enjoyed the game if I was playing alone. The 2 player kinda helped alleviate some of the frustrating parts.

Main negative point I felt was that it seemed like they wasted their time on the story, either they should've come up with something more compelling or they should've kept in barebones.

I have to agree, story isn't great, but Knack is a lot of fun, and my kids love playing it as well. I have a save on hard, they have one on easy, and we enjoy it and help each other. Most people that hate on Knack, haven't played Knack.

noobie

Banned
Playstation 3 launch title review score by Famitsu

1. Sega Golf Club: 7, 7, 7, 7 [28/40]
  2. Genji: 7,7,7,8 [29/40]
  3. Resistance: 9,8,8,8 [33/40]
  4. Gundam: Target in Sight (aka Crossfire): 8,8,8,8 [32/40]
  5. Ridge Racer 7: 9,9,9,9 [36/40]

Playstation 3 launch title review score by Famitsu

1. Sega Golf Club: 7, 7, 7, 7 [28/40]
  2. Genji: 7,7,7,8 [29/40]
  3. Resistance: 9,8,8,8 [33/40]
  4. Gundam: Target in Sight (aka Crossfire): 8,8,8,8 [32/40]
  5. Ridge Racer 7: 9,9,9,9 [36/40]
They gave fucking Gundam Crossfire a 32?! A score higher than Demon's Souls?!

TokiDoki

Their scores are definitely random. If I'm not wrong , the end score is a sum of the partitioned number sequence right , ie 9/9/9/9 . If each of the numbers came from a different reviewer , it should be rare for all four of them giving an exact same number. Quad or triple 8's or 9's are too frequent which seems dodgy.

Oh , and why am I analysing their scoring system its Famitsu ffs .

Sinople

9 everywhere except for Sony published games, no surprise.
I wonder what the reason is. Less commercials? Less pressure?

Top Bottom