• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu review scores - PS4 launch blowout

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Haha, their scores for big AAA titles are so damn inflated and useless. That COD score, sure... Meanwhile, a brilliant little gem like Resogun gets a score that's downright bad by Famitsu standards. Granted, only one reviewer actually gave it a low score, and I guess it's not a game for everyone, but apparently COD is...? Oh well.

mujun

I thought it was almost accepted as fact these days that games get scored according to how much the companies pay the magazine when it comes to Famitsu.

22nd can't come soon enough. I personally look forward to getting into the next gen with free Knack, Killzone and Don't Starve.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I thought it was almost accepted as fact these days that games get scored according to how much the companies pay the magazine when it comes to Famitsu.

22nd can't come soon enough. I personally look forward to getting into the next gen with free Knack, Killzone and Don't Starve.

I guess since people joked about it so much now people think it's true.

Lady Gaia

Not to be racist, but I thought Japanese hate FPS?

If by "hate" you mean that they don't share North America's fascination with guns and running around shooting their friends? Then sure. There has to actually be a game worth playing for some people, and the same game with a new skin doesn't necessarily cut it.

Solid scores across the board. Knack's showing is fair given the game's limitations and detractors despite the fact that many of us did enjoy it, and I understand Resogun isn't everyone's cup of tea, either. It will be fascinating to see how the system fares at launch.

Melchiah

Well two of those Sony published games are kind of shit.

Regardless of personal taste, it's odd to score COD that highly in comparison to KZ, but it seems KZ is always judged with different metrics than the multiplatform FPS titles (even leaving out the MP side from the reviews).

GHG

What the hell is this new Yakuza game?

A port of an older title or brand new game for the ps4?

When does it release outside of Japan?

What the hell is this new Yakuza game?

A port of an older title or brand new game for the ps4?

When does it release outside of Japan?

1. It's a spinoff of the main series but some find it just as good if not better in some regards.
2. Brand new game for the PS4 and PS3, but the PS4 has a ton of features like Vita stuff and streaming things in the arena.
3. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. If there was ever was a god, now would be a good time to prove that he exists.

Also, good on DW8XL for that score. It's the best game in the series, with less draw distance, more dudes to beat up, and implemented streaming options. Thank god they didn't sell XL desperately or I might not have been so ready to buy it.

Sinople

Well two of those Sony published games are kind of shit.

Yeah, but Famitsu usually doesn't care about quality as long as it's a big publisher.
But for some reason, every Sony game seems to be rated "fairly", as if the reviewers are allowed to give the score they want.
Look at the Souls games for comparison : 9/7/7/6 for Demon's Souls, 9/9/9/10 for Dark Souls.

Top Bottom