• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Scans of Halo 3 PICS OF THE FORGE IN ACTION!

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
I'll have all these boxes and you'll be like, "Damn, urk, that's a lot of boxes," and I'll be like, "yeah."

GhaleonEB

snack said:
Does anyone know exactly what is going on in Amsterdam? I know Bungie wouldn't say anything, but has anyone leaked what it is?
Showing the game to the European press. Frank said we'd see the fruits of their labors online soon, so I'm assuming websites as well as print.

Karg

Could create lots of traps so on top of a pile of fusion cores a weapons/equipment cache. Just have to hope no one sees you go for it. Same could apply for certain vehicles if possible.

Guessing they'd have an item limit similar to what Crackdown did? So eventually the first fusion cores would get replaced by the most recent one you added. Wonder how many you could cram in at one time. Might damper some of your maze o' boom plans.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
You could make this large pile of boxes. Or build a wall of boxes. Or make stairs out of boxes. Or make a fort out of boxes and play house. Really, the possibilities are endless.

Kuroyume

Banned
Will those air canisters from Headlong make a return in Halo 3? I love spending time to shoot those things, in order to make them fly around. I want to be able to stack 40 of those in a map, and then set them somehow.

Man, whoever made that cutscene in Halo 2 where MC sends back Cairo's bomb should be shot. Apparantly that thing he blew up is supposed to be like fifty gabazillion million miles long or something? The same kind of ship Regret is cruisin around in and torched Mombosa with. The cutscene does squat to indicate such and makes it seem like he just blew up one of the other fifty ships that are seen landing on earth.

Son of Godzilla said:
Man, whoever made that cutscene in Halo 2 where MC sends back Cairo's bomb should be shot. Apparantly that thing he blew up is supposed to be like fifty gabazillion million miles long or something? The same kind of ship Regret is cruisin around in and torched Mombosa with. The cutscene does squat to indicate such and makes it seem like he just blew up one of the other fifty ships that are seen landing on earth.
Huh. What do you mean? The ship that blasted New Mombasa was the same ship that MC blew up.

My forgery...

I had a gametype in Halo 2 called "Concourse Gray" where we would designate a "track" and race four Warthogs across maps like Coagulation, Headlong and Burial Mounds. I think I'll make one on Sandtrap with crates and barricades and hopefully be able to square off 6-8 Choppers when it's all said and done.

I've got a few other ideas, but I really have to see the feature fleshed out a bit more before I know they will perform well.

Mr Vociferous said:
My forgery...

I had a gametype in Halo 2 called "Concourse Gray" where we would designate a "track" and race four Warthogs across maps like Coagulation, Headlong and Burial Mounds. I think I'll make one on Sandtrap with crates and barricades and hopefully be able to square off 6-8 Choppers when it's all said and done.

I've got a few other ideas, but I really have to see the feature fleshed out a bit more before I know they will perform well.

OMG. Informal Halo 3 Street Racing. Add in Replay and holy shit. Bye bye Forza 2.

:lol

GhaleonEB

Mr Vociferous said:
My forgery...

Add a generous sprinkle of fusion cores to the corners - to discourage sloppy cornering skills - and it will be perfect. The occasional barrier of crates for going off-course wouldn't hurt.

BenjaminBirdie said:
OMG. Informal Halo 3 Street Racing. Add in Replay and holy shit. Bye bye Forza 2.

:lol
Voc, some of his crew and myself had some great Mongoose races in High Grounds. It works surprisingly well.

GhaleonEB said:
Add a generous sprinkle of fusion cores to the corners - to discourage sloppy cornering skills - and it will be perfect. The occasional barrier of crates for going off-course wouldn't hurt.

You and your exploding fusion co --

*KidInsomnia commited suicide*

GhaleonEB said:

Voc, some of his crew and myself had some great Mongoose races in High Grounds. It works surprisingly well.
AWESOME! Is it possible to download people's Forge creations?

snack said:
Huh. What do you mean? The ship that blasted New Mombasa was the same ship that MC blew up.

No, it was the same class of ship. My complaint is that the size is completely unshown, makes it seem a really insignificant accomplishment.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Mr Vociferous said:
My forgery...

With Plasma Pistols to disable vehicles. And boxes.

I wonder if you can create turret emplacements. If so, that would make the gametype a whole lot more interesting.

Yeah, those High Ground races were really fun. The Mongoose is a great vehicle and fun to drive around, but I wonder how much of a race we would have ourselves setting the vehicle back on its four wheels. I seemed to do that a lot with the 'Goose.

Mr Vociferous said:
Eight Mongooses with passengers that hold plasma pistols. This would be interesting on some of the small maps, like maybe Snowbound...
If only overcharged plasma pistol shots tracked like they did in Halo 2, then you'd have something...

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
urk said:
Can't see any of that. Looks like it requires a login. :(

Weird. Now it works.
Anything new? I daren't check this from a work location...if someone can upload image captures of the preview, that would be grand.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Mr Vociferous said:
Anything new? I daren't check this from a work location...if someone can upload image captures of the preview, that would be grand.

"Jetlagged and bleary-eyed, FHM has spent the entire day sitting goggle-eyed in front of a flat screen. Outside is a beautiful lake, surrounded by the picturesque town of Kirkland, just a spit from Seattle. But we don’t care. Because we’re sat in the world-famous Bungie studios, after Microsoft secretly jetted us over to the West Coast. And we’re now about to become the first magazine/website/anything in the entire world to pick up a controller (with trembling hands) and blast through Halo 3 single player.

Predictably, the notoriously paranoid developer hasn’t surprised us with any narrative twists – it’s still monosyllabic Master Chief smacking down those devious Covenant. Instead, FHM’s been dropped straight into the action, squealing like a girl. Across two immense Saving Private Ryanstyle levels, more enemies dance in front of our eyes than ever before, with new weapons to tote, new vehicles to trash and the shiniest, peachiest visuals we’ve ever witnessed.

And it’s dripping with next-gen trickery, from eye-caressingly sharp graphics to anally impressive sound. For example, watch (and listen) as a single ejected bullet casing springs out… and then keeps bouncing past your ears, depending on the surface it has dropped on.

Better still, the gameplay’s got even better. The levels we played ended with a ludicrous
boss battle against a 50ft Covenant Scarab, in a single dust-up that features more enemies
on screen than the entire first mission in Halo. And by God we know: we’ve battled it to
within an inch of its life.

Or is it the other way round? Ten hours later, we’re a sweaty pile of grinning goon on the floor. One of our thumbs may have come off. In short? This game is ridiculous. But we like it. A lot. And trust us: so will you."

Mr Vociferous said:

Uh, yes.

Someone summon Frankie The Naysayer, these guys make Forge seem to have a couple extra layers of Godliness and I'll be pissed if I start anticipating this for no reason.

They make it seem like it's an editor proper, save the changes and upload to live.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
"FORGE
A multiplayer’s dream. Slap any item – weapons, respawn points,vehicles, anything – anywhere in a multiplay level, set it up with rules you want, then save it to Xbox Live and play it with your mates. Or just play tank Jenga, for instance. Like we did."

"Many of Halo 3’s secrets were leaked by developer Bungie via bizarre insect site lovebees.com"

lol

Chinner

Banned
Uh, yes.

Someone summon Frankie The Naysayer, these guys make Forge seem to have a couple extra layers of Godliness and I'll be pissed if I start anticipating this for no reason.

They make it seem like it's an editor proper, save the changes and upload to live
Their definition of Forge is correct (or at least, it ties into other repots about it). The thing I know I will love about Forge the most is that you can save and share your creations.

Mr Vociferous said:
Apologies in advance for:
a) huge image
b) any weirdness in the image (had to stitch it together :lol )

fhmh3.jpg

pswii60

I would love to trust this FHM write-up but I remember their article on PD0.

But interesting about the draw-distance, I didn't realise they were putting such an emphasis on that. Can't wait to see through the gaps of the trees in the jungle :)

Top Bottom