• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Scans of Halo 3 PICS OF THE FORGE IN ACTION!

GhaleonEB

RubberJohnny said:
Forge looks intersting, although I don't see why those options aren't just included in the Custom games menu, aside from the added bonus of being able to tweak while people play.
Custom games allow you set up new rules and gametypes to play. Forge basically lets you break all the rules on the fly. At least, that's how I understand it.

"They've got our flag!"

*drops tank on top of flag carrier*

tombur

GhaleonEB said:
Custom games allow you set up new rules and gametypes to play. Forge basically lets you break all the rules on the fly. At least, that's how I understand it.

"They've got our flag!"

*drops tank on top of flag carrier*

Set the flag carrier to super slow speed, then:

*form wall of crates around carrier" :lol

thekad

Banned
Stinkles said:
It is not Lockout. Not one single milimeter. But please continue to freak out.

Guardian isn't the spiritual successor to Lockout? Will we be getting the real, not ruined version of Lockout ever?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
thekad said:
Guardian isn't the spiritual successor to Lockout? Will we be getting the real, not ruined version of Lockout ever?

It's not Lockout. At all. Take your meds.

Maybe you will get Lockout, and maybe you won't. But this isn't Lockout, ruined or otherwise. it is a new map.

Lern 2 reed

GhaleonEB

What's really starting to sink in is just how big the jump from Halo 2 to Halo 3 is in certain respects. In Halo 2 we had two new playable vehicles - the Spectre and the Gauss Warthog. So far in Halo 3, we've seen:

*Troop transport Warthog variant
*Elephant
*Chopper
*Mongoose
*Hornet
*Prowler

There's been a similar explosion in weapons - the entire class of Brute weapons, the support weapons (three known so far), the Equipment class of tools, two new grenade types.

And then there's the features that are entirely new - Saved Films, File Sharing, the Campaign meta-game, Forge, system-link co-op. This says nothing of the old features that have been enhanced, like matchmaking and party systems.

Halo 3 is shaping up to be a tremendous jump ahead from Halo 2 - so much more so than Halo 2 was from the first game. The amount of new stuff is just getting overwhelming. And there's still more to come.

hold me

tombur

thekad said:

Maybe you guys should just calm teh fock down lark. How do you know this one isn't better than Lockout? Yeah, that's right, I actually said that: BETTER than lockout! :lol

thekad

Banned
I like how you guys can('t) tell how uppity I am through text.

Anyway, I'm glad y'all didn't ruin Lockout. Has Bungie started work on their next game yet, Stinkles?

Eric WK

thekad said:

Anyway, I'm glad y'all didn't ruin Lockout. Has Bungie started work on their next game yet, Stinkles?

Not to speak for Stinkles, but I think after they go gold it's vacation time at Bungie, at least for a little while.

tombur

thekad said:
Has Bungie started work on their next game yet, Stinkles?

If Bungie started revealing things like that on message boards I would eat my own hands, srsly. But, tbh, I reckon they are already in pre-production planning, probably quite far in thanks to the Halo bible. If the next game takes place in the Halo universe, that is.

NJ Shlice

thekad said:

I'll put money on YES. But we'll never hear it from his mouth.

They said they were working on Halo 3 when Halo 2 shipped.

*EDIT* Not to mention all of the job postings they have put up on their site in the past 6months

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
thekad said:

Still working on this game.

TDG

Banned
thekad said:

Yes. It's a Halo spin-off called Halo: The Lockout Chronicles.* Includes many "new and improved" versions of Lockout.
Buy the collector's edition and get developer's commentary. "I can't ****ing play Lockout anymore. Lockout isn't impressive at all" One designer comments.

*Original version of Lockout not included.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
urk said:
Otherwise known as taking Halo 2 assets and adding high definition.

dont forget the blatant theft of ideas from resistance

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Son of Godzilla said:
We've covered this. You might as well have predicted Halo 3 will ship within the 360's lifespan.
You discussed it when I wasn't around! I demand a new discussion and my new tag! :lol

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
How much money did MS have to pay Famitsu to do such a large Halo 3 spread? This is not right. The world is out of balance...

StranGER

GhaleonEB said:
What's really starting to sink in is just how big the jump from Halo 2 to Halo 3 is in certain respects. In Halo 2 we had two new playable vehicles - the Spectre and the Gauss Warthog. So far in Halo 3, we've seen:

*Troop transport Warthog variant
*Elephant
*Chopper
*Mongoose
*Hornet
*Prowler

There's been a similar explosion in weapons - the entire class of Brute weapons, the support weapons (three known so far), the Equipment class of tools, two new grenade types.

And then there's the features that are entirely new - Saved Films, File Sharing, the Campaign meta-game, Forge, system-link co-op. This says nothing of the old features that have been enhanced, like matchmaking and party systems.

Halo 3 is shaping up to be a tremendous jump ahead from Halo 2 - so much more so than Halo 2 was from the first game. The amount of new stuff is just getting overwhelming. And there's still more to come.

hold me

what, in the demo i only remember the spike grenade. what's the second one?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
StranGER said:
what, in the demo i only remember the spike grenade. what's the second one?

rumored to be a flash bang nade, its only been identified in the e3 gameplay trailer as a 4th grenade option in the HUD

I guess I must really be some sort of japanophile considering that seeing screens of Halo 3 in between some exciting looking Japanese text makes the game look that much more appealing.

:lol

NJ Shlice

-WindYoshi- said:
I guess I must really be some sort of japanophile considering that seeing screens of Halo 3 in between some exciting looking Japanese text makes the game look that much more appealing.

:lol

It upsets me because I cannot read it.

ant1532

Banned
Gaurdian isn't the successor to Lockout is it? :/

I honestly wouldn't mind if they just threw Lockout in Halo 3 straight from Halo 2 without tweaking any aspect of it. It's that good.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
ant1532 said:
Gaurdian isn't the successor to Lockout is it? :/

I honestly wouldn't mind if they just threw Lockout in Halo 3 straight from Halo 2 without tweaking any aspect of it. It's that good.

read thread pls. kthx.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
I believe that might be a new vehicle on the right hand side of page four. Anyone recognize it? Spectre redesign, maybe? Looks similiar, but with a Brute art style.

tombur

57704681220070727140929.jpg

Two words come to mind: Holy SHIT!

wow these pics show off a way better side of halo than all other media i've seen. They almost seem japanese-esque in a way.. great ****in job famitsu :D

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Tombur, that one is in both mags, but you can see it really well here. Is it multiplayer? Look at the bottom right. It looks single player, though. Look at his radar - it's obviously a group of guys on a path in the jungle.

NJ Shlice

What the heck is that big purple thing with the maulers on the front of it, on the far right hand side of the scan ??????????????????????

Top Bottom