• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Scans of Halo 3 PICS OF THE FORGE IN ACTION!

tombur

Cocopjojo said:
Tombur, that one is in both mags, but you can see it really well here. Is it multiplayer? Look at the bottom right. It looks single player, though. Look at his radar - it's obviously a group of guys on a path in the jungle.

Oh SHIT!!!! Those two bars at the bottom are perhaps activated skulls... or something along those lines?

Proelite

Doodlebug said:
I'll second that.
JR_90130.jpg

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Bungie's webcam page recently had a redesign. Look at the top left of scan #4 - it mentions going to bnet for live webcam shots of the studio. I think they may be about to place webcams in sweet locations, like that overhead shot of the studio.

http://www.bungie.net/Inside/webcam.aspx

Nozi

Banned
I'm not a big Halo fan, but that desert level gives me classic Star Wars vibes. The more I see of this game the more I want to play

pringles

What the hell is that vehicle that an elite is driving with a spartan on a turret and another one on the "wing"!? I haven't seen that before.

I find it almost silly how much content this game will have.. so many vehicles, weapons, gametypes/customization, co-op, meta-game, forge, saved films/pictures etc etc.
And all those complaints about the graphics are starting to look more and more silly the more media we see.. That jungle shot might be the most impressive one so far.
Can't believe it's less than two months away.

Hold me.

tombur

thekad said:
The foliage could definitely use some work. Does it move when you walk through it?

Apart from that one leaf with the poor UV mapping, the foliage is some of the best, no doubt about it.

Stinkles said:
Yes, it moves. And it ruins Lockout.

:lol

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
On the bottom left of scan #2 it says 15 SP missions, 8 types of playable vehicles, 2 playable characters in multiplayer, 3 types of grenades, 20 weapons, and 8 types of equipment. Hrm - I thought we'd seen a fourth grenade type in the E3 montage?

Proelite

thekad said:
The foliage could definitely use some work. Does it move when you walk through it?

Foliage moves, but is not destructible. Also, they don't cast dynamic shadows on moving models. So no swaying tree branch shadows over the chief's armor. It's either that chief is entirely shadowed by a branch or not.

last page. it says it will support co-op play over LAN and also 'sur le Live', then says that while they only played two player during their sessions, "la cooperation pourrait concerner quatre joueurs" ("the co-op 'could' -- my French isn't perfect -- involve four players"), and while they are waiting on official confirmation, 'hope is permitted'.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Shake Appeal said:
last page. it says it will support co-op play over LAN and also 'sur le Live', then says that while they only played two player during their sessions, "la cooperation pourrait concerner quatre joueurs" ("the co-op 'could' -- my French isn't perfect -- involve four players"), and while they are waiting on official confirmation, 'hope is permitted'.

They are the most hopeful people I ever heard of. Just wow.

2 player co-op, System Link. That's what we showed. That's what we discussed.

Shake Appeal said:

Three magazine coverages, and all three lead to believe 4-player co.op.

HALOGATE.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
artredis1980 said:
you must think this game you are involved with is the best? then why dont be a man and put up direct feed screenshots up on bungie right now

If this is the prevailing logic, then I'm going to go ahead and post some of my direct feed dong shots. Give me a sec. My hog's the best.

Isurus

Stinkles said:
They are the most hopeful people I ever heard of. Just wow.

2 player co-op, System Link. That's what we showed. That's what we discussed.

So...when will be able to confirm whether or not co-op via Live will make it into the final game? Can you tell us when it goes gold or will we have to wait until a copy leaks from manufacturer?

GeoNeo

I disagree.
I really dig the new Elite model what a totally badass character model.

Also, I feel for Bungie the media is twisting their words regarding Co-op. If they say system-link then it's Mags duty to report that and not print extra information which comes out of the writers arse.

artredis1980 said:
you must think this game you are involved with is the best? then why dont be a man and put up direct feed screenshots up on bungie right now
I'm going to assume you're pushing your luck because mods don't generally venture into Halo threads?

No need for it.

StUnNeR H2K

artredis1980 said:

I bet you think your the big man now calling someone out on the interwebs!

Stinkles (aka Frankie) doesn't have to post here... He didn't have to let anyone know who he is, or that he was associated with Bungie. As for his bias with it being the best... I think he shows a little less bias then most other developers, but you have to understand that anyone that puts years of their life into a project is always going to have a little bit of bias towards what they have done. Not because they think its better, but cause they saw all the hard work that was put into it behind the scenes that we will never see or understand. I usually dont voice my opinion cause everyone jumps on the "oh fan boy" train the second someone post they like the game.

I think those who dis the game or disrespect it have a bit of jealously that they don't get all excited like others do about it. Halo has never been about graphics... it's been about the content and the story. Honestly... who cares where the story comes from or who they poached ideas from, every great writer or story teller gets inspiration from something. It's an amazing story, and again... someone put some thought, time, and effort into this game long before it was ever made or announced...

(crawls back into the shadows...)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I think Frankie's putting us off the scent.

I'm going to believe there's 4 player co-op over Live until Luke or Frankie says that there isn't.

Who's with me?

Ace 8095

cjelly said:

I'm going to believe there's 4 player co-op over Live until Luke or Frankie says that there isn't.

Who's with me?
I've been saying that since the EGM leak.

My computer shitted itself last night...yes, the ancient 256mb RAM finally took a dive. Went out and did the inevitable: bought a brand new PC. Not the greatest in the world, but it sure works well to check out all of those images. Holy shit at the images and info.

I said it earlier but I'm going to once again emphasize how incredibly amped I am about the Elephant. I've been hoping for a flying human vehicle since the credits ran on Halo 1 six years ago, but the Elephant has stolen some of the Hornet's thunder for me. It's just such a cool concept and one that should have been in Halo from day one.

Jub Jub/Guardian looks to be my favorite map for Halo 3 and I've never played it. The environment's layout, the atmospheric elements, the size screams of Lockout but the things which are completely different and fresh looks awesome. I can't wait to play it. Also, the Prowler in those new screens makes the Spectre look like a joke...this makes me glad.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
cjelly said:

Who's with me?

I'm darn well with you. They're holding off on that because it's going to a major hype-building announcement closer to launch.

Personally, I predict a separate, non-campaign type of co-op - a place where four players can play together, but not through the regular single-player campaign. Or a 2+ co-op where the extra players play as marines.

cjelly said:

Who's with me?

I'm with you. I mean, Jeff Bell contributed to Major Nelson's interview, saying 4 player co-op. If there's no 4 player co-op, I won't know what his contribution is...

Isurus

cjelly said:

Who's with me?

I think the exact opposite. From what I remember, the same thing happened for Halo 2. The fact that Frankie is shooting down any mention of it tells me that they simply can't figure out how to get it to work and that it won't be in there. I seriously think it will be a feature that is missing from the final product.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
You guys are raising your expectations too high again. Get it through your skulls, there is no 4 player coop. It would not make sense. Only MC and the Arbiter are playable characters. If I post this is because you guys are giving false hope to people and then when the game is out and people find the lack of 4 player coop, somebody will end up blaming Bungie. If you hope there is 4 player coop, then plz keep it to yourself, and dont raise the hopes of others who do not know much about the subject.

godhandiscen said:
You guys are raising your expectations too high again. Get it through your skulls, there is no 4 player coop.
Whats wrong with raising expectations? If people just want to see "4 player online co-op" and get immediately hyped without reading between the lines or through threads such as this then they can, and be possibly let down because of something 'promised' to them.

Top Bottom