• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu (Sep. 15th) - ICO and SotC on PS3! / Valkyria 3 for PSP

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Hcoregamer00 said:
This thread is just too funny, people are talking as if Sega did the worst thing ever by making Valkyria Chonicles 3 for the PSP and making a far superior game to the second one.
"I don't do handheld man!"

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Pureauthor said:
And didn't Opiate tell you guys to stop whining about the platform anyway?

Yup, VC3 is PSP only.

All we can do now is bask in the awesomeness that are the gamepley and presentation improvements in VC3.

Vic said:
"I don't do handheld man!"

I don't do consoles, you don't see me bitching when my favorite games are not released on the PSP or DS.

SamBishop

Banned
Bebpo said:
What's interesting is if the rumors are true, a TON is being saved for surprises at TGS.

Yeah (depending on what you've heard), they're true. This year's TGS is definitely on par with the other worldwide events this year. Depending on what you guys are into, it might actually be the biggest of the three.

The fact that I'm not there and instead am slaving away on this official LittleBigPlanet 2 strategy guide fills me with all manner of conflicted emotions.

ccbfan

Pretty obvious why they did it. Lower development cost and good Japanese sales.

Its that simple.

The yen is ridicules right now. Its like 50 percent stronger than it was compared to a few years ago.

This mean that in global terms. Games are more expensive to make because Sega is paying in Yen for development. Development is costing 50 percent more just on currency.

One factor that obviously helps is that games cost more in Japan in global terms too since yen is worth so much. The cost is like double U.S cost and considering profit margins you're talking about a lot more profit.

This in turns hurts U.S and Euro sales. A sale of a game in those regions is a lot less profit than a sale of a game in Japan. Making Japanese sale more and more important while American and Europe sales less and less.

This obviously is were the PSP comes in. Its so similar to the PS2 that development cost is super low. I remember reading somewhere that PSP game cost about the same as DS games to develop. Well add in the fact that PSP are a bit more expensive than DS games as well as having a much cheaper media than DS carts probably leads the PSP having the highest profit margin per game.

Then add in the fact that its strength is Japan which is where most of the profit is made.

Don't be surprise to see more and more PSP games.

Cheap, good in Japan and easy as hell to port to the heavy next gen favorite.

Hydrargyrus

VC3 for PSP? boooh

Really disappointed for that. I was expecting another VC in PS3 since I beat the first, but it seems like it's going to be a never ending waiting :(

May16

http://rpgland.com/previews/vakyria-chronicles-3-hands-on-impression-tgs/
I just played some story and battle segments of Valkyria Chronicles 3 for PSP. It was, as expected, very similar to the first two, but also with differences. While this mode might not be available right away and just a part of the demo, one character could go into “Valkyria Mode,” which would cost 1 command point and 1 “Special point.” She could then be the fearsome Valkyria gamers have come to know — virtually invincible and incredibly powerful. Like I said, I don’t know when this will become available in the game or how many characters will gain the ability. My gauge only had 3 Special Points though, so perhaps it will be capped. This would be a good thing, because I would fear Valkyria use becoming a crutch otherwise.

Other classes in the demo were pretty expect: a scout, a shock trooper, an anti-tank, and a sniper, who (at this point in time and for the sake of the demo) had not changed since Valkyria 2.

The story moved similarly to Valkyria 2, with still shots of characters appearing on screen while voice actors read the lines. It is not yet clear whether the amount of voice acting will decrease later on in the game as it does in VC2. The story also, at least in the demo segment, seemed far more serious than VC2′s. No one got slapped on the butt and there were no boob jokes or high school crushes. The characters and plot movement had that usual anime feel to them, but less like the second game and me like the first. Music and graphics were virtually unchanged.

The full title is “Valkyria Chronicles 3: The Untold Chronicles.” It will be released in Japan in January of 2011.
Gotta get back to the floorz

Top Bottom