• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu (Sep. 15th) - ICO and SotC on PS3! / Valkyria 3 for PSP

haadim

DaBuddaDa said:
Oh hey great! Valkyria Chronicles 3 on the only gaming system I don't fucking own!

Maybe that's the exact reason for it being made for psp. For the many unconverted and unyielding ones. :D

B.K.

Valkyria ad.

WtN88.jpg

I didn't buy VC2 yet so this is probably my fault, sorry guys. I will now because I've heard reasonably good things and because I want to play the series on its definitive platform!

RGG The End looks hilarious and awesome. Please let it somehow still involve goofy sidequests and hostess minigames, all within the context of a zombie apocalypse.

Oh and I knew the Team Ico stuff was coming but separate release sounds cool especially if it (a) results in non-shitty box art and (b) sets a precedent for single-game conversions so we can get Okami and a couple of other games that wouldn't fit easily into a compilation format.

Shadow780

What the hell are you doing in a hostess bar when there's a zombie outbreak? :lol

More importantly, do we get to manage a zombie hostess bar?

StuBurns

Banned
Technosteve said:
so how many X times better does the remakes look compared to the ps2 versions?
The scans aren't good quality, but based on the images from Ueda's presentation last week, notably in terms of IQ as you'd imagine.

CamHostage

JudgeN said:
The fuck they do to Yakuza :lol

Is this how Sega kills a franchise? Or is this Western appeal?

No, I think SEGA is just doing that thing that a lot of publishers are interested in doing: turing their franchises into "platforms." Call of Duty and Need for Speed are notable in this trend (and FF is a godfather to it), where the name of the property doesn't define a specific time or character or place or even gameplay style; it's more a presence (and really, just a name brand) that the franchise encompasses.

Yakuza Kenzan was a good idea (albeit one that couldn't be sold out of Japan, sadly) and I don't really worry that doing a zombie spin-off will ruin the franchise either.

EXGN

I'm running off Google Translate here, but I think someone posted quotes for the VC3 interview. I guess the director said he wants a PS3 version but he wants it to be a new evolution with brand new ideas, so it will take more time.

Again, note I'm going off auto-translate.

Bebpo

Banned
Either they got a new character designer for VC3 or for some reason in this time frame everyone has different hair than VC1/2 characters.

I definitely prefer the look of this one. Hopefully it indicates a serious war story.

CamHostage

Snaku said:
(VALKYRIA 3) Well...at least it's not as garish as VC2.

Or, set in an academy. The first image is of soldiers marching to war, that's a good sign. Not that the setting of VC2 is bad (still don't like the character design, but I'll live) or that these character designs are as charming as the original, but a more serious tone over the last game would be a good place to start.

bon

I wouldn't care if it was a Game Gear exclusive, VC3 is a must-get.

If it makes you guys feel any better, the PSP will probably be officially dead before they start making 4.

Mirimar

I guess I got what I wanted when I asked for separate releases :D
Here's hoping it's the same in the US! Screw bundled!

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Its funny how quickly the whining died out :lol
Seems that the biggest issue for most people is not necessarily that its a PSP game.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Fuck yes @ Team Olympic games! Nothing but gold metals baby, wooooo!
Also, condolences to the ones that got their dreams crushed by Sega. I'll light up for you guys tonight.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Infinite Justice said:
well there is a mod warning in here.

But the ad looks interesting.
The change of opinion got nothing to do with the mod warning.

Day 1 for ICO/Shadow of the Colossus.

Never played them before, so I’m pretty excited......especially for Shadow of the Colossus!

So how excited should I be GAF? Will my mind soon be blown into a million tiny pieces? :D

[PSP] Valkyria Chronicles 3

I hate you Sega. I really do.

:/

:(

;_;

Tricky I Shadow said:
Day 1 for ICO/Shadow of the Colossus.

Never played them before, so I’m pretty excited......especially for Shadow of the Colossus!

So how excited should I be GAF? Will my mind soon be blown into a million tiny pieces? :D

Ico is great. SOTC is a boring, overrated game IMO. You might like it though. I found it to be a step down compared to the awesomeness of Ico.

Top Bottom