• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

dekline

Just started this. It's fun, but don't like killing all the animals :(

My least favorite thing about this is "Hold E to skin" followed by the skinning animation every single time. Same with looting. I wouldn't be surprised if several hours of my total play time was spent watching the looting/skinning animation.

WGMBY

I've put in a few hours, but I don't know how much more time I'll dedicate to it in the short term. All of the Ubisoft games from 2014 are starting to blur together and I'm losing a lot of motivation.

There might just be too much content here. It's fun to crunch through, but I don't feel like I'm really progressing. I might just save it as a rainy day game down the road.

antitrop

I'm having fun with pretty much everything but the campaign missions. They're a drag. Really boring and frustrating.
Best thing about the campaign missions is that's when the soundtrack really kicks into high gear. Otherwise, they're pretty forgettable.

Except for any of the ones involving drugs. Those are all awesome.

antitrop

I've put in a few hours, but I don't know how much more time I'll dedicate to it in the short term. All of the Ubisoft games from 2014 are starting to blur together and I'm losing a lot of motivation.

There might just be too much content here. It's fun to crunch through, but I don't feel like I'm really progressing. I might just save it as a rainy day game down the road.

I got every single-player Trophy/Achievement and finished the campaign with only like ~75% map completion. You don't have to do everything.

Don't take every plant, don't skin every animal, don't open every loot chest (if it's out of your way), don't respond to every sudden outpost counterattack, don't chase down every karma event.

AkuMifune

Banned
Got that end of Act 2 game-breaking bug (PC). Didn't know it was a thing until it happened.

So looking at having to take someone else's save or start over? Not really happy about either. #pigfuckvomit

Bebpo

Banned
And after 2 months and like 60 hours, done. 99.93%, the only thing missing is 1 signature weapon that requires grinding the Arena to max level and my OCD is not that OCD just to see 100%.

Really liked it. Story could have been a little better told and there's one part of it I really don't like:

That whichever person you pick from Amita or Sabal suddenly becomes EVIL in the last bunch of missions.

but

At least it lets you let Pagan Min live, since he's pretty cool for a dictator bro. Plus you can still kill the person you sided with post-game. Also like the little easter eggs like smoking Yogi & Regi's pipe and randomly warping somewhere on the map drugged out of it lol

Still, found the story very solid and satisfying and the world immensly satisfying to explore. When I accidently stumbled across the:

GOAT (Aka, Mask killer) lair and killed him it was awesome. Would've been more creepy if he didn't show on your radar.

And the gameplay was just fantastic with lots and lots of unique organic situations. Really fantastic gunplay and good stealth even if sniper rifle is too OP for the last 1/3rd. I got the game for free so I bought the $30 Season Pass early on since I was liking it and the Hurk campaing was great, the Syringe mission was ok, and Durgesh sounds kind of crappy so I'm not gonna bother. Hope the Yeti stuff is neat.

Definitely agree with Edge's 9/10. Worth a play for anyone except Far Cry 3 players apparently :p

How has Ubisoft not patched that one location to be discovered yet? Keeps bothering the crap out of me.

Nope. Only location I'm missing.

I'm also missing like 4 journal entries from King Min's Kyrat? Any idea what they'd be if I'm discovered every location besides the river one and done everything besides the Arena? Are they all arena based?

Just got the game and its very good so far. Amazing visuals. Reminds me of Uncharted 2 in some ways.

The setting reminds me of Uncharted 2, but the gameplay reminds me a lot of a western FPS Metal Gear Solid 3 sequel. Which is cool because MGS3 is like the best game of all time. So even if it's not quite as good as MGS3, just being similar and still pretty good makes it awesome!

Head Stapler

Neo Member
And after 2 months and like 60 hours, done. 99.93%, the only thing missing is 1 signature weapon that requires grinding the Arena to max level and my OCD is not that OCD just to see 100%.

Hi, you can level up quick using the arena master app from the play store. Got to level 10 in a few hours.

GravyButt

Hi, you can level up quick using the arena master app from the play store. Got to level 10 in a few hours.
Yup. Got to level 10 in an hour. Just keep creating challenges. Buy the two cheapest guys/animals. The dhole and the headhunter maybe? Either way each round put 3 in each slot for all 3 rounds. So 18 humans and 18 predators. Nets you 1k pts each time.

So I have a few issues with the game, big and small:

1.)Noticed when my partner and I swap accounts (or maybe just everytime we load the game up) our control settings to turn the damn touchpad settings back on. Fuck that touchpad integration. I can't use my analog sticks without brushing it. So I was so glad that I could turn it off, but I have to fucking turn that setting off every time.

2.) The control scheme in general is atrocious. WAY too much stuff mapped to weird things. Syringes are R1 within the radial menu, and if your craft them you almost always end up using one. The C4/mines being d-pad is so stupid. It should ALL be on the radial menu. Especially when the Triangle for main weapon swap toggles between your last used. Not to mention the default vehicle controls. Who uses the left stick alone to drive? Thank god you can change it.

3.) This one kind of settled itself for me after a certain mission, but Longinus being a Christian African living in fake Tibet just really made their 'reality' questionable to me. I couldn't tell if it was just awful writing and they thought that his African accent might be appropriate or even sound similar to local Asian dialect. Thankfully that was kind of remedied when
he sends you after the diamonds and gives you a bit of his back story. Stones that size would justify moving that insane distance. Felt a bit better after that.
. And I have to admit, Hurk felt more than a little out of place. Didn't seem all that touristy. Yet to meet any other characters yet.

Justin Bailey

------ ------
I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I just got Far Cry 4 off Steam and I'm having trouble with performance. Here are my specs --

i7 2.6 GHz
16 GB RAM
AMD Radeon R9 M275x 4 GB

The only way I've been able to get it above 30 FPS is to drop the resolution down to 1600x900 and put "Graphics Quality" down to "Low." I've downloaded the latest drivers from AMD. I have tried tinkering with settings that I've found via Google but nothing seems to make a difference. Any ideas on things I can try or is this just not going to run well on my setup?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Is nighttime supposed to be like, really really bright?

Even though I know it's night time it feels like early day or something, just blue/greener.

farcry4_2015_01_29_01_13_15_50_by_aloooo81-d8fu6fk.png

farcry4_2015_01_29_01_14_02_97_by_aloooo81-d8fu6fh.png

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
after playing dyling light anyone hope they include some type of parkour in the new farcry game. Have a somewhat populated setting with some buildings to get around faster etc.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Yeah, that's normal. I think they didn't want to make it too dark to make shit impossible to see.

Huh, okay. I wish there were a good method of allowing something like a true night time mode with like a flash light or something. With it's current implementation it really takes away from the effect of it feeling like a progressing time and day for me. Ah well. Thanks for letting me know it isn't just poorly setup on my end!

I noticed tonight that the Hurk Deluxe Pack (includes all the pre-order missions and weapons) got added at some point to the season pass on the XB1 (presumably on the PS4 too).

UFRA

Anyone willing to help me get the 2 co-op trophies? (I of course will return the favor and help you get them as well)

-Capture 1 outpost as Hurk
-Get a takedown from the passenger seat of a vehicle

Should take like 15 min. Pretty easy.

ryseing

Anyone willing to help me get the 2 co-op trophies? (I of course will return the favor and help you get them as well)

-Capture 1 outpost as Hurk
-Get a takedown from the passenger seat of a vehicle

Should take like 15 min. Pretty easy.

Add me on PS4... JM761

Can't until tomorrow. If you still need them by then, lemme know. PSN is bmc811.

UFRA

Can't until tomorrow. If you still need them by then, lemme know. PSN is bmc811.

I just got the vehicle takedown one, just need the outpost one.

lmao, I had someone join my game (a random) and I just took a vehicle by myself, drove next to an enemy, and then quick switched to the passenger seat and got a takedown. It worked!

Ugh, having trophies that require other people to do something really suck. Just one trophy stands between me and platinum.

ryseing, I will add you and help you get those trophies regardless. :) Thanks

big_z

so the ps4 version just updated. after the logging in screen it goes to a new sign up/into uplay screen. I put my info in and it says account doesn't exist(works fine on pc). if I hit skip it says checking notifications then goes back to the logging in screen and then the join uplay thing pops up again. basically the game doesn't work anymore.

anyone else running into this?

EDIT: got around it by disconnecting internet. I guess this uplay update broke it.

Ricker

I dont get how to reach some of the Propaganda posters,there's a few on walls just a little too high for me to reach...do you get somekind of higher jump or something later on lol...or
don't tell me I have to find an elephant and come back to it...?

Bebpo

Banned
I dont get how to reach some of the Propaganda posters,there's a few on walls just a little too high for me to reach...do you get somekind of higher jump or something later on lol...or
don't tell me I have to find an elephant and come back to it...?

Same as with some of the masks,
destroy them with molotovs, fire arrows or explosive weapons

Same as with some of the masks,
destroy them with molotovs, fire arrows or explosive weapons

I shoot the masks.

I don't think you need to spoiler tag the bit you did, it's actually really useful information that I got from this thread from another poster.

I used to drive a car, park it, jump out, then grab the poster that way. After I learned I could just burn them, saved me a lot of time.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
For the outdoor masks, I lied to snipe them from the air or a distance, as if you don't get too close the marker wills stay on the mask, rather than swap over to the highlighted area on the map.

Bebpo

Banned
I shoot the masks.

I don't think you need to spoiler tag the bit you did, it's actually really useful information that I got from this thread from another poster.

I used to drive a car, park it, jump out, then grab the poster that way. After I learned I could just burn them, saved me a lot of time.

Yeah, same. But that moment you figure it out is satisfying! :p

gnorris

My least favorite thing about this is "Hold E to skin" followed by the skinning animation every single time. Same with looting. I wouldn't be surprised if several hours of my total play time was spent watching the looting/skinning animation.

The new patch allows you to skip this animation in the settings.
tyCfLKR.jpg

Radec

Where can I find honey badger skins?

I just finished the first himalayas mission though.

Amazing place that was.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I wanted to shoot down the chopper but was looking the wrong way like an idiot and by the time I lined up my shot it was to late.

dekline

I wanted to shoot down the chopper but was looking the wrong way like an idiot and by the time I lined up my shot it was to late.

End game stuff:
You mean Pagan's chopper at the end of the game? I thought about it but let him go. I figure I'll either cap him at the table or down his chopper after a second play through. Not sure if doing one over the other changes the outcome.

Flandy

I hate how the Day/Night cycle works in this game.
It only advances when you move. If you stand still so does time

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
End game stuff:
You mean Pagan's chopper at the end of the game? I thought about it but let him go. I figure I'll either cap him at the table or down his chopper after a second play through. Not sure if doing one over the other changes the outcome.

That's the one. Not a big deal really but I wanted to
take him out

Grinchy

Banned
This is the first game I bought for my new PC. I am playing at ultra settings, 1200p. Game is quite gorgeous. It's pretty fun so far, too. The introductory cutscenes were great but everything since has pretty much just been filler bullshit. I don't expect an amazing story but I do wish I cared more about what I was doing. Grinding things on the map is fun, but I'm a guy who likes a good story.

Overall it's enjoyable. I'm still early on, too. Maybe the story elements will pick up later on.

Tunavi

Banned
I just played GTA V before this, which had really great campaign missions.

FC4 campaign felt like side-quests. I guess I got spoiled.

Hollycat

I can't figure out how to get the 15 minute ending. I tried leaving the game alone for an hour after pressing new game. No luck.

I tried examining everything and walking around for 20 minutes, no luck.

I tried licking my playstation, no luck.

Help this poor scrub.

Top Bottom