• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry Primal – Bringing The Stone Age to Life

Heard someone here say that a bunch of reviews agree that Primal is one of the better Far Cry's since the original.

I sure hope so. I liked Far Cry 4 but it became tedious quite fast considering you were already powerful from the get-go. I want some sense of danger in my games.

I want some sense of danger in my games.

hmmm, i don't know if you will get what you want, sure you are not overpowered with rifles or powerful Snipers, but if you can handle the bow right and use your beast the right wayx there is practically no enemy you can't beat quite easily

maybe except for the really rare ones, got attacked by a cave bear and i was dead after 2 hits from him ^^

what also is quite fascinating is how they did the hunt animations of your tamed beasts, it's like they are real, with big enemys they try to jump on top of them and hit their throat, sometimes they are shaken off right away, sometimes they hit the throat perfectly and keep on till the enemy is down

Karak

hmmm, i don't know if you will get what you want, sure you are not overpowered with rifles or powerful Snipers, but if you can handle the bow right and use your beast the right wayx there is practically no enemy you can't beat quite easily

maybe except for the really rare ones, got attacked by a cave bear and i was dead after 2 hits from him ^^

what also is quite fascinating is how they did the hunt animations of your tamed beasts, it's like they are real, with big enemys they try to jump on top of them and hit their throat, sometimes they are shaken off right away, sometimes they hit the throat perfectly and keep on till the enemy is down

What difficulty and visual helpers are you playing with?
On hard with no hud I find many even normal enemies can be threatening. Not 1 but if you get groups of 2-3 or more on hard and with no visual markers, or a pack of wolves or maybe a boss or 2. Again that might be because no hud means no minimap or any visual indicators plus Hard difficulty.
But right now the spread of used tactics is about 80% tactics used on hard difficulty and only 50% on normal. So playing on normal I could see that

MMaRsu

Banned
Well it's no secret this game receives a remarkable amount of "herp derp" comments like "OMG Far Cry 4 reskin", "needs guns", "wheres teh towers at yo lol" and other "am I cool yet?" nonsense.

Is it really so weird that these comments exist? It IS an fc4 reskinned, probably great but an fc game reskinned nonetheless

The FC franchise hasnt seen enough changes to the formula so the assumption that this is a typical Ubisoft game is not strange imo.

I might pick this up today tho

Karak

Heard someone here say that a bunch of reviews agree that Primal is one of the better Far Cry's since the original.

I sure hope so. I liked Far Cry 4 but it became tedious quite fast considering you were already powerful from the get-go. I want some sense of danger in my games.

FC4 was fun as hell but you got that overpowered bit right.

Karak

i'm playing on normal and with default settings

true without radar and on higher difficulty it would be much tougher, maybe at the second run i will try that :)

Gotcha. That makes sense though I assumed normal. I think the visual markers help more than anything. Even on hard I can do MUCH better with them on.

Karak

Also just a reminder if anyone is getting this.
I seriously suggest trying it on the harder difficulties with no hud or at least the harder difficulties. If I had played on just easy or just normal my review would have had some different content.

Lack of hud gameplay is outstanding in this title.

Grassy

Also just a reminder if anyone is getting this.
I seriously suggest trying it on the harder difficulties with no hud or at least the harder difficulties. If I had played on just easy or just normal my review would have had some different content.

Lack of hud gameplay is outstanding in this title.

Nice, no-hud is the only way to play these games imo. I remember using a hex-editor in Far Cry 3 to remove the glowing plants :)

Karak

Nice, no-hud is the only way to play these games imo. I remember using a hex-editor in Far Cry 3 to remove the glowing plants :)

Its straight up godplay. I switched a couple of hours in and only had to go back for a mission or so that had some odd requirement. its fantastic.

Top Bottom