• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order coming to the US and Canada June 25th (iOS, Android)

Once you get a servant it doesn't die or dissapear right?

You can invoke it any times you want?

I am ready for some Mashu and Foxy caster

So give me the heavy JP players. How good is Rider (Alexander) (I see he's 5* only?), and how hard is rerolling in this game (I assume he will be off banner)?

I rerolled for a long time to get a 5* in FEH and I'll do it here too, but I want to prepare myself.

If you're talking about Iskandar then he won't be available for a good while until thw F/zero event.

And anyway he's mediocre for a 5*.

Kenai

If you're talking about Iskandar then he won't be available for a good while until thw F/zero event.

And anyway he's mediocre for a 5*.

Mediocre is fine (I use tons of mediocre characters just fine in other gachas), as long as he's not terrible. Thanks for the fast reply.

I am just hoping the rerolling isn't terrible when the time comes.

KMRiku

Neo Member
Iskandar got a few buffs and he got decent, but yes...overall he is disappointing compared to other 5* Riders (Drake does everything he do, but better).

Also he won't be available until the Fate/Zero event.

I think I'll only play the US version for the story. No way am I putting the effort that I put into the original.

Wi2O2q4.png

EDarkness

I'm considering giving this a try, but I might stick to Fate/Extella instead. Not sure I can handle another gacha game. Love the art of this series, though. Always gets me interested in trying it out.

Arabesque

Mediocre is fine (I use tons of mediocre characters just fine in other gachas), as long as he's not terrible. Thanks for the fast reply.

I am just hoping the rerolling isn't terrible when the time comes.

To be clear, Iskander (5*) is mediocre/disappointing compared to the top 5* Riders, Drake in particular, because Drake does what he does better.

Iskander himself is perfectly usable and can be pretty powerful in the right team. F/GO is really a character game, so if you like him, just stick with him and use the characters you like most.

There is also his 3* younger version that is also pretty good.

Rerolling is simple enough on iOS (log in, play through the tutorial, roll, then delete the app to roll again) so it isn't too difficult.

sense

As someone who plays fire emblem heroes regularly and told myself initially I would not spend money but ended up spending money, is this game something I should stay away from if I don't want to lose money lol?

Arabesque

As someone who plays fire emblem heroes regularly and told myself initially I would not spend money but ended up spending money, is this game something I should stay away from if I don't want to lose money lol?

It depends on whether there is a character you really want and willing to spend money on.

The game can be played through without spend any money on, even using a team made entirely out of a lower rarity like 3* and below, or fully F2P. This is because the game is balanced enough so that most units can be made viable or have something unique that gives them a niche no other unit fills.

You can drop money and try and get the best of the best of 5* or the most attractive looking unit, because you want to, but you can also go fully F2P and save up for rate ups, or spend moderately.

Mupod

I've wanted to try this out for years, probably a good thing that Fire Emblem taught me some harsh lessons about gacha games before it came out.

I see what looks like Ryougi Shiki in that screenshot above, does this game have more type moon crossover characters? If they're gonna get me, that's probably how...

g.r.e.

There's no pity rate in this game, and the gacha is flooded with both servants and craft essences (equippable items), things that make very hard rolling the hero that you want.
The only time I've spent money on the japanese version was when they did the guaranteed 5* servant campaign, but it's pretty much limited to 2-3 times a year.
I've wanted to try this out for years, probably a good thing that Fire Emblem taught me some harsh lessons about gacha games before it came out.

I see what looks like Ryougi Shiki in that screenshot above, does this game have more type moon crossover characters? If they're gonna get me, that's probably how...
Fire Emblem feels pretty generous compared to FGO, since you can snipe for the units of the color that you need/want.

luminous

So far out of the non-Fate TM works we've only had a KnK crossover event, which added Assassin Shiki as a freebie SR if you played through it + SSR Void Shiki gacha. Nasu did express interest in doing a Tsukihime one in the future tho, so perhaps one of these days we'll get that.

Strimei

There's no pity rate in this game, and the gacha is flooded with both servants and craft essences (equippable items), things that make very hard rolling the hero that you want.
The only time I've spent money on the japanese version was when they did the guaranteed 5* servant campaign, but it's pretty much limited to 2-3 times a year.

This reminds me of a question. While I've paid attention to the story/characters, I didn't to the mechanics, so not sure about this.

I play Granblue Fantasy and for every draw (in a certain period, it resets) you get a bit of currency that, when you collect 300 of it (after 300 draws in one period, in other words), you can use it to essentially buy a guaranteed roll for a specific character (though within reason, only those available in that period). Is there similar in FGO?

Xenocthul

That is way sooner than I was expecting. I doubt I'll spend as much in this version as I have in the jp version though.

Caim

This reminds me of a question. While I've paid attention to the story/characters, I didn't to the mechanics, so not sure about this.

I play Granblue Fantasy and for every draw (in a certain period, it resets) you get a bit of currency that, when you collect 300 of it (after 300 draws in one period, in other words), you can use it to essentially buy a guaranteed roll for a specific character (though within reason, only those available in that period). Is there similar in FGO?

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Da_Vinci's_Workshop#Purchase_Saint_Quartz

Collect 10 Unregistered Spirit Origin to trade for one 5★ Servant of your choice.
Time limited servant can be summoned within event duration.
Unregistered Spirit Origin is obtained by summoning your 6th copy of the same 5★ servant, do this for 10 times to get 10 of it.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
So far out of the non-Fate TM works we've only had a KnK crossover event, which added Assassin Shiki as a freebie SR if you played through it + SSR Void Shiki gacha. Nasu did express interest in doing a Tsukihime one in the future tho, so perhaps one of these days we'll get that.

That'll be after the Tsukhime remake comes out and then we'll have to wait for Tsukihime 2 with Satsujinki in it for them to consider it

g.r.e.

Sadly, the only way you can "buy" a specific character is if you're a super whale and you've got 10 duplicates of a 5*servant + 4 copies of the same unit
the 4 duplicates are needed to max the noble phantasm level
, which is pretty much unreasonable for a f2p player.

T-Rex.

Banned
The gacha rates are pretty shit tbh. I think I've used up something like 300+ quartz and 20+ summoning tickets trying to get Jeanne during her various rate ups and instead all I received was misery. As long as you're ok with not getting certain characters you'll be fine, if not... RIP

Strimei

Sadly, the only way you can "buy" a specific character is if you're a super whale and you've got 10 duplicates of a 5*servant + 4 copies of the same unit
the 4 duplicates are needed to max the noble phantasm level
, which is pretty much unreasonable for a f2p player.

In other words, if rolling for a waifu, pray.

Well, I got used to it in GBF...

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Hope that afterlife got phones cause I don't want to miss out on Arcueid's FGO debut

:l

Ehhh, problem is though, TsukiRE's Arcueid redesign is a Saberface.

I think that Takeuchi san is suffering from sameface syndrome compared to his previous styles which were much more dynamic, but i dunno how much i would call it Arturia face so much as a generic female face that he uses for everyone

g.r.e.

Too many Sabers.

Is Mash a good starter to get into the game? I have never attempted a gacha before.
Mash is a great support unit(especially when upgraded), but you will want to rely on other servant classes for dealing damage: berserkers will steamroll a good portion of the story content, at least until Camelot!(where the difficulty spike gets real)

kewlmyc

I've already put a stupid amount of money into Tales of Link and Fire Emblem Heroes, I don't think I have enough money, time or space on my smartphone for this game despite liking the franchise as a whole.

A few questions regardless:

1. Is there any PvP/ranking aspects to this game?

2. For the JP players, how big is the filesize for this game?

g.r.e.

I've already put a stupid amount of money into Tales of Link and Fire Emblem Heroes, I don't think I have enough money, time or space on my smartphone for this game despite liking the franchise as a whole.

A few questions regardless:

1. Is there any PvP/ranking aspects to this game?

2. For the JP players, how big is the filesize for this game?

1. Nope

2. As of now, it's 1,25 GB on my android smartphone

KMRiku

Neo Member
is this as grindy as granblue?
Unless you want to max every skill for every character, I think the grinding is very manageable and not bad. Events give a good amount of materiais for ascension and skill leveling, but farming in normal quests is hell. The events are frequent enough, luckly.

fatalexe

Too many Sabers.

Is Mash a good starter to get into the game? I have never attempted a gacha before.

Mash is the first free Servant you get in the game and she is one of the best defensive support Servants to field especially in the late game. Invest in her levels and skills and it'll pay off big time.

Kudo

Hopefully this'll be easy to get on European iPhone somehow, new to this whole mobile thing.

Quonny

Hopefully this'll be easy to get on European iPhone somehow, new to this whole mobile thing.
As long as they don't IP block, which they shouldn't, it should be incredibly easy.

Just make a US iOS account and download it.

Your avatar reminds me, we had better get the Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya collaboration!

I'm sure we will, as it's part of the Fate universe, but you never know.
If we miss any of the events there will be rioting.

Still sad my current account can't be used here, but at least I'll understand what's going on now

fatalexe

Does the story make this a worthwhile game for someone uninterested in gacha?

The story is decent from chapter 1 to 3, but really gets serious from chapter 4 onwards and reaches full fledged visual novel quality by chapter 6 to the end of the first season as Nasu himself wrote the whole script and bombards us with lore and superb writing.

The gameplay is pretty good in later stages of the game as well. Much better than many othee Gacha games IMO.

Kudo

Your avatar reminds me, we had better get the Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya collaboration!

I'm sure we will, as it's part of the Fate universe, but you never know.

I'm holding my hopes high they'll schedule older events for English release somehow too. Would be really shame to miss it.

Top Bottom