• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order coming to the US and Canada June 25th (iOS, Android)

fatalexe

Your avatar reminds me, we had better get the Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya collaboration!

I'm sure we will, as it's part of the Fate universe, but you never know.

People thought the Chinese FGO would miss the collaboration events due to licensing issues but they just finished the Fate Zero event and so far every event is exactly the same as the Japanese version. The English version should be having every event as well!

chrono01

I'm holding my hopes high they'll schedule older events for English release somehow too. Would be really shame to miss it.
I'm sure they will. We're starting from the beginning, so we should get all of the collaboration events, in order, as they appeared in the Japanese release (barring any licensing issues). I'm sure they know what the fans want, so I'd say there's a good chance we'll get them.

Hopefully.

People thought the Chinese FGO would miss the collaboration events due to licensing issues but they just finished the Fate Zero event and so far every event is exactly the same as the Japanese version. The English version should be having every event as well!
Nice! If it works for their version, it should be the same for us. :)

So since there is no EU date yet, i'm probably going to get this by downloading the apk from somewhere else, but the last time i did so i couldnt play the game i got anymore since i had to update it, and i had no idea how to do so. Is it actually pretty easy to do that, or am i screwed once the game needs an update?

Very.

Assuming it's well-translated, the story is strong. One of its defining features, or so I've read.

Oh.
How easy is it to go through the game just to follow the story?
Have never played any of these Gacha games and am not really interested to heavily invest any time in it.

chrono01

Oh.
Have never played any of these Gacha games and am not really interested to heavily invest any time in it.
I'm not entirely sure the amount of time needed to commit, but it shouldn't be much. From what I've heard, the story content is beat-able via 4* Servants, so it shouldn't be too difficult putting a team together for that.

Ala Alba

Oh.

You should probably be able to get through chapter 4/5 without much difficulty (using powerful support servants). From there the difficulty starts ramping up significantly.

You can still beat it all with free servants and powerful support servants, but you will likely need to spend some time leveling up a variety of free servants in order to counter the various hard fights.

Of course, chapter 4/5 is probably enough time for you to decide whether or not the story is worth the time investment for you.

Ala Alba

Which servant is the best I can get on my first free roll?

The tutorial roll is guaranteed to have a 4* servant, and cannot give you a 5* servant. In that roll, generally the best is Heracles (Emiya is also eventually really good).

However, the Facebook campaign is giving us a bunch of free quartz to roll with, and the regular rolls have a 1% of a 5* servant. There will probably be only 5 5* servants to start with, and the best 5* servant you can roll out of those five (and probably for about 10 months after launch) is Zhuge Liang (though he's more of a late bloomer).

Arabesque

In addition to what chrono01 and Ala Alba said, the hardest chapter in the game is chapter 6 in terms of difficulty, but the game gives you enough help to let you carry on until then in chapters 5 and 7.

In terms of difficulty, prologue is the easiest, chapter 1 and 2 are around the same level (beginner level), chapter 3 ups it slightly, chapter 4 is intermediate level, chapter 5 dips into hard halfway through, chapter 6 is hardest (second to epilogue), chapter 7 is slightly harder chapter 5.

The game offers in game support to help you in case your party isn't levelled enough, and by the time you reach end game, they give you enough help to be prepared.

Which servant is the best I can get on my first free roll?

The first free roll that the game forces you through:

Hercules, Emiya, Elizabeth Bathory and Marie Antoinette are all the best top tier 4* guaranteed servants in the first mandatory roll.

Martha, Tamamo Cat and D'eon have their uses as well, so they are decent enough to use if you get them.

The other roll that you get from the free Quartz they will be giving out at launch:

Waver for easy mode, or any other 5* available at launch for an easier time in general. If it is the same as the rooster at the start of the Japanese game, then either Altera or Vlad are good. Jeanne is also great for defenses purposes.

Alternatively, complete the prologue chapter after the tutorial, save up the gift quartz, and roll for Saber Alter in the story gatcha for the best 4* Saber in the game, or roll in the banner for Nero Festival for the other best 4* Saber in the game.

Also, 3 stars, 2 stars and 1 stars are going to always be viable and important for your team throughout the story.

The tutorial roll is guaranteed to have a 4* servant, and cannot give you a 5* servant. In that roll, generally the best is Heracles (Emiya is also eventually really good).

However, the Facebook campaign is giving us a bunch of free quartz to roll with, and the regular rolls have a 1% of a 5* servant. There will probably be only 5 5* servants to start with, and the best 5* servant you can roll out of those five (and probably for about 10 months after launch) is Zhuge Liang (though he's more of a late bloomer).

To be honest, I would recommend that people focus on 4* when rerolling for the story gatcha at first rather than Waver. An NP2 Heracles or Saber Alter/Nero is more useful early game than Waver who needs a lot of investment to make him really great.

Stider

I remember starting the JP version when Gilgamesh was added and rolled him with the starting quartz. How long would it be roughly till he is added and is he a good character?

So they just posted this on Facebook.

EDIT: This is separate from the RANDOM tutorial 4 star summoning.

Thank you for your patience. As a token of our gratitude, we’re giving away a BIG reward! Players will have the opportunity to PICK ONE 4-star Servant from a potential 10. The servants are: Emiya, Marie Antoinette, Siegfried, Chevalier d'Éon, Heracles, Stheno, Carmilla, Tamamo Cat, Elisabeth Báthory, and Martha. More details to come, so make sure to check the Facebook page often!

jonjonaug

Soon...

DDILTboXoAA2DKk.jpg:large

I have a quetion for JP players:

I want Saber Nero, should/can I save the starting rolls until she is rollable?
If I can save some, but not all; how many would be acceptable?

So they just posted this on Facebook.

Free Heracles will see you through the early story just by sheer overwhelming power of BASAKA

I had an account which had Heracles and another which had Tamamo CAT in JP, of the two Heracles is definitely the strongest but Tamamo CAT is hilarious. Either will be brokenly OP for the first several Orders.

If you are lucky, you only need 1 roll.
If you are not lucky, you could roll 1,000 times and not get Nero.
That's how gacha works.

KMRiku

Neo Member

You should save until there's a rateup, otherwise getting her will be harder. Luckly, the Nero Festival is the second event of the game (if the do the events in the same order as the jpn game).

If for any reason you really want to try your luck and don't want do wait the Nero Festival, keep in mind that Nero is story locked and you only will be able to roll her after you complete the Rome story chapter (in Nero Festival, you can roll her even if you don't complete Rome).

Free Heracles will see you through the early story just by sheer overwhelming power of BASAKA

I had an account which had Heracles and another which had Tamamo CAT in JP, of the two Heracles is definitely the strongest but Tamamo CAT is hilarious. Either will be brokenly OP for the first several Orders.

Will I be okay if I decide to pick EMIYA?

Arabesque

Will I be okay if I decide to pick EMIYA?

More than okay, really. Emiya ends up after getting all his upgrades really strong, so he's a great choice as well, even if Heracles is beastly.

Best out of the free picks generally are Heracles, Emiya, Liz and Tamamo Cat.

What the hell is this game ?? I just keep seeing big boob pic of purple girl

Kinda terrifying that I didn't figure out which purple head you are talking about.

chrono01

I'm happy they at least gave a time. I hate waiting for stuff to release at random times.
A specific time is actually bad, especially for a gatcha game with thousands upon thousands of people re-rolling, as they are prone to do.

Servers crashing incoming, better expect it.

Strimei

More than okay, really. Emiya ends up after getting all his upgrades really strong, so he's a great choice as well, even if Heracles is beastly.

Best out of the free picks generally are Heracles, Emiya, Liz and Tamamo Cat.

I had read that Tamamo Cat is pretty good, so good to know that its one of the best picks. I can't get Tamamo herself yet, so Tamacat is my choice.

chrono01

Thank you, I can't wait!
No worries! I know, I'm pretty excited for it too.

Unfortunately I have an extremely busy day on Monday, so here's hoping I can re-roll and settle on an account tomorrow night, otherwise I'll need to wait until Tuesday. I'm predicting the servers to go down more than once tomorrow night though, so I doubt that'll happen. :(

Strimei

No worries! I know, I'm pretty excited for it too.

Unfortunately I have an extremely busy day on Monday, so here's hoping I can re-roll and settle on an account tomorrow night, otherwise I'll need to wait until Tuesday. I'm predicting the servers to go down more than once tomorrow night though, so I doubt that'll happen. :(

Eh, at least crashes and such would be in line with how it went for Japan and all, heh.

While I"m excited, I'm not entirely looking forward to how weird some of the names will get. I realize Type Moon themselves have apparently chosen Altria for Saber as official, but it still annoys me.

Hubb

A specific time is actually bad, especially for a gatcha game with thousands upon thousands of people re-rolling, as they are prone to do.

Servers crashing incoming, better expect it.

If servers are going to crash, they'd crash whether they announced the time or not. Either way I am not going crazy rerolling so I am not too worried. It is a personal problem, when I don't know, I'll constantly check until whatever it is releases/happens. If I do know it isn't a big deal.

chrono01

Eh, at least crashes and such would be in line with how it went for Japan and all, heh.

While I"m excited, I'm not entirely looking forward to how weird some of the names will get. I realize Type Moon themselves have apparently chosen Altria for Saber as official, but it still annoys me.
At least the content won't be censored, that's great to see.

The best part about servers crashing? COMPENSATION!!!

If servers are going to crash, they'd crash whether they announced the time or not. Either way I am not going crazy rerolling so I am not too worried. It is a personal problem, when I don't know, I'll constantly check until whatever it is releases/happens. If I do know it isn't a big deal.
It's true, but it still wouldn't be as bad as launching the game where everyone tries to log on at the same time. Server issues on launch day are pretty inevitable, though. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the game be down more than it's up, at least for the first 24 hours.

But hey, maybe everything will go flawlessly? Think positive!

Hubb

It's true, but it still wouldn't be as bad as launching the game where everyone tries to log on at the same time. Server issues on launch day are pretty inevitable, though. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the game be down more than it's up, at least for the first 24 hours.

But hey, maybe everything will go flawlessly? Think positive!

They probably launched the game at the best time possible. Sunday night where it is basically way too late for anyone not on the West coast. I guess a lot of people playing could be out of school and don't care about Monday morning, but even still. How many East Coast players are going to stay up till 2 AM playing this on launch day?

Strimei

They probably launched the game at the best time possible. Sunday night where it is basically way too late for anyone not on the West coast. I guess a lot of people playing could be out of school and don't care about Monday morning, but even still. How many East Coast players are going to stay up till 2 AM playing this on launch day?

Oh wait, its at midnight (est) tomorrow? Damn, I thought it was noon.

Yeah this east coaster has to wake up at 5:55 in the morning, I hit the hay by midnight.

Mupod

I know it's not up yet, but the app is up in the play store so I downloaded it. I'm getting an 'error 60' when I try to launch it, the game closes and gmail opens to send a ticket to their support. Google search says that's an error you get if you try to run it on a rooted phone but mine is completely stock. I even upgraded to the newest firmware to be sure. I was really looking forward to playing this but if it doesn't even work on my tablet then that's pretty fucked.

I just realized they are giving away free Liz, if you are more inclined to take a Lancer instead of a Berserker, Liz was and is the best 4-star Lancer you can have. Also, she's a cute idoru lol. The real Elizabeth Bathory was the most notorious serial killer of women in history and if you played the Diablo games The Countess in those games is based on her. So making her into a cute idoru is one of the funnier things that has happened in the Fate universe alongside making Jack the Ripper into a loli.

chrono01

I know it's not up yet, but the app is up in the play store so I downloaded it. I'm getting an 'error 60' when I try to launch it, the game closes and gmail opens to send a ticket to their support. Google search says that's an error you get if you try to run it on a rooted phone but mine is completely stock. I even upgraded to the newest firmware to be sure. I was really looking forward to playing this but if it doesn't even work on my tablet then that's pretty fucked.
I wouldn't worry. It's probably just because the game isn't up yet, and it's just an error they give you. If it doesn't work tomorrow after 9PM PDT, when the servers are up and ready, then worry, haha.

Mupod

I wouldn't worry. It's probably just because the game isn't up yet, and it's just an error they give you. If it doesn't work tomorrow after 9PM PDT, when the servers are up and ready, then worry, haha.

I was assuming this but I've found people with the same tablet having the same error a while back. Example:

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder...game_on_nexus_7_2013/?st=j4c7nntf&sh=ad6f9041

I suppose I can try a factory reset, but that would be a little bit annoying.

Umbooki

I just realized they are giving away free Liz, if you are more inclined to take a Lancer instead of a Berserker, Liz was and is the best 4-star Lancer you can have. Also, she's a cute idoru lol. The real Elizabeth Bathory was the most notorious serial killer of women in history and if you played the Diablo games The Countess in those games is based on her. So making her into a cute idoru is one of the funnier things that has happened in the Fate universe alongside making Jack the Ripper into a loli.
Would I be a moron to select Carmilla over Liz? Some research tells me that Liz is good for female-only teams, but y'know, I'm a sucker for Carm's looks.

Just so you know guys, the JP version of FayGo has a lot of checks and will not run on many devices, including all rooted ones. They have steadily added more and more lockouts over the years to the point where you can't even have USB Debugging enabled in Developer Options anymore or it will not work.

If the NA version is the same, you have to meet these criteria to play the game:
https://www.reddit.com/r/xposed/comments/4zf684/requestbypass_validation_fategrand_order/

Would I be a moron to select Carmilla over Liz? Some research tells me that Liz is good for female-only teams, but y'know, I'm a sucker for Carm's looks.

Carmilla is regarded as being extremely weak. So are Martha, Stheno, Chevalier D'eon, and Siegfried. This Siegfried does not have the Soul Edge so I cannot recommend him.

Top Bottom