• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Battlefield game?

DryvBy

Battlefield 2 is great. The PC version. It reminded me a lot of Starsiege Tribes as far as gameplay. It was also the first game I remember playing that had a record of stats built into the game that contributed to a ranking system.

MDSLKTR

Disliked it at first but bf1 is getting there slowly. Might even purchase the season pass over the holidays.

Gotta say Battlefield 2 (plus all expansions) for PC was the pinnacle of the series for me. Really liked 2142 as well, but it was a distant second to BF 2. Anyone remember the nightmare of having to update the game on PC, subsequently destroying your entire install because of Punkbuster issues or patching in the wrong order? I had the multi-disc CD edition, so that made it even worse! It got to the point where I would just assume every update would require a complete reinstall and then patch in the right order.

But once you got the game back up and running though--man, what a great experience.

Bad Company 2 is probably the only BF game that I actually enjoyed.

I preferred the smaller scale action that it offered instead of the 64 player chaotic messes that the series is known for.

There are some hidden gems in the BF series that never got a fair shake, and they are some of my faves:

Battlefield 1942 Road to Rome and Secret Weapons of WW2 both had outstanding maps. Eagles Nest particularly stands out for me.

Battlefield 2: Special Forces city and night maps were awesome, with all the zip lining and grappling. Seems like Battlefield Hardline tried to replicate some of this stuff.

Battlefield 1943 was soooo great at the time, with its simplified take on the Pacific Theater. The planes were easy to fly, you never ran out of ammo which kept the pace on point.

Overall, though, Battlefield Bad Company 2 is the game where they seemed to hit closest to the mark on the Battlefield mass team game concept. The destructible environments, spotting mechanics, great maps, etc... easily best of the series.

Pheace

Bad Company 2, I loved the destruction. I usually spent the first few mins of a match destroying structures so they were favorable for our side

Imtjnotu

Battlefield 2 because I dumped so many hours into it.

Battlefield bad company 2 was the most fun.

Battlefield 1 because it's so competitive and nice to take a step back from modern warfare style

Bry0

It was one of those rare games that could just engulf your life. I remember once I got the hardware to max it the visuals blew me away! Dynamic shadows on the vehicles and characters looked awesome. Grinding away points to unlock weapons was awesome too.
2142 was a close second with the titan battles.
Both those games and the engine it ran on were great.
4 was pretty good too.

Bolivar687

Banned
I haven't played the original entries but as far as the newer ones, BFBC2. The weapon handling and art came together in such a fun way and it's probably the closest they've come to getting the recipe for classes just right.

I’m also in for 1943. I could never really get into battlefield MP before this game or after this game, but I thought this one was a ton of fun.

watchdog

BF1942. While later games packed in more features and honed the gameplay, there was still something about BF1942. It was pretty janky at first but I still felt I was playing something special. Amphibious landings on Wake Island, tank battles in El Alamein, taking Mt. Suribachi on Iwo Jima, and air battles over Midway...good times.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
This thread begs the question why DICE won't increase the player count, and add more destructible environments into future games.

Top Bottom