• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FBI nabs white supremacist who wanted to follow in Dylan Roof's footsteps

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphagnum

Banned
A white supremacist with felony convictions in South Carolina bought a gun from an undercover FBI agent, telling the agent he planned an attack in "the spirit of Dylann Roof," authorities said Thursday.

Benjamin McDowell, 29, was arrested in Myrtle Beach shortly after buying the .40-caliber Glock and ammunition for $109 from the agent who picked him up at his mother's house, then took him to his grandfather's house to get the money, FBI agent Grant Lowe wrote in an affidavit.

McDowell didn't have a specific target in mind, once telling the undercover agent he might just shoot at a party of black people, Lowe wrote.

"I got the heart to do that s---, but I don't have the good training," McDowell said, according to the undercover agent.

McDowell is charged as a felon in possession of a firearm. The gun he was sold had its firing pin filed down so it could not be used, Lowe wrote.

Authorities began investigating McDowell in December after he threatened a synagogue on Facebook. Horry County Police had kept track of McDowell since his release from prison on felony burglary charges a few years ago because he made connections with white supremacists while behind bars, according to the affidavit.

Several days after the threat, McDowell posted on Facebook again, saying fellow white supremacists were all talk and no action.

"All they wanne (sic) do is stay loaded on drugs the Jews put here to destroy white man and they feast on the drugs. they should be Feasting on the enemy that stole their Heritage and their bloodline and trying to run us off of this Earth," McDowell wrote. "if you ain't got the heart to fight for Yahweh like dylann roof did, you need to shut the f--- up."

"Screaming 'white power' was not getting the job done," the undercover agent told Lowe after talking to McDowell. "He indicated he desired a deeper response."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/fbi-white-felon-bought-gun-dylan-roof-style-45540548

Behold, the master race.

driqUUD.jpg

sphagnum

Banned
And remember, the White House is no longer interested in tracking white supremacists because I guess only Muslims can be terrorists, so there will be many more like him who will slip through going forward.

Rayis

There should be a white supremacist database, those people are a threat to this country, unlikely though with a white supremacist federal government.

Gattsu25

Banned
Good thing that they nabbed the guy but I'm reading that article and *CTRL+F* for "terror" returns no results.

Here we have an example of a radicalized terrorist in waiting.

"All they wanne (sic) do is stay loaded on drugs the Jews put here to destroy white man and they feast on the drugs. they should be Feasting on the enemy that stole their Heritage and their bloodline and trying to run us off of this Earth," McDowell wrote.

Dude should talk.

Looks like he's been feasting on the buffet.

rec0ded1

There should be a white supremacist database, those people are a threat to this country, unlikely though with a white supremacist federal government.

About that
The Trump administration wants to revamp and rename a U.S. government program designed to counter all violent ideologies so that it focuses solely on Islamist extremism, five people briefed on the matter told Reuters.

The program, "Countering Violent Extremism," or CVE, would be changed to "Countering Islamic Extremism" or "Countering Radical Islamic Extremism," the sources said, and would no longer target groups such as white supremacists who have also carried out bombings and shootings in the United States.

PSqueak

Banned
What kind of idiot talks about how jews are destroying the world and then speaks of submission to the god of the jews?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
This is why the radicalization of the white male isnt funny anymore when taken outside e-thugging. Prob weened on making racist youtube comments to this.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
29 year old picked up from his mother's house to go get money from his grandfather for a gun. Seems to live surrounded by drug addicts. Radicalized on places like 4chan.

There are tons of these guys out there, sadly. Not all may be ready to pull a trigger, but I imagine many are on the verge.

Disgusting what the Internet has enabled, honestly.

Malvolio

Wonder how many times this kid heard he was fat and ugly in his life. Guess it's OK now though since he's a terrorist.

PSqueak

Banned
Wonder how many times this kid heard he was fat and ugly in his life. Guess it's OK now though since he's a terrorist.

I understand what you're saying, but, this guy is a white supremacist, all bets are off when his concept of people who look different because their race is to call them inferior, so yeah, if he's willing to be judgemental because of how others look that means he's fair play to be judged because his looks.

opoth

Banned

I've been a fat pig at a time in my life and I choose to go protest against white supremacists and other Trump supporters. No sympathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom