• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FBI arrested 3 white supremacists who planned to shoot up black churches & synagogues

Status
Not open for further replies.
CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. -- Federal court documents provide some disturbing details about an apparent plot by white supremacists in Chesterfield to incite a race war. They include plans to bomb and shoot up black churches and Jewish synagogues, as well as a plot to kill a local jewelry dealer, and rob an armored car, among other crimes. The crimes were to provide the proceeds to purchase land, weapons and training for the so-called coming race war. But they were apparently foiled by the FBI.

The documents reveal that, Robert Doyle and Ronald Beasley Chaney and others ascribing to a white supremacist version of the Asatru faith met inside a home on Candlewick Lane. The FBI received information that during a meeting there in late September members discussed acting out their extremist beliefs by shooting or bombing occupants of black churches and Jewish synagogues and plotting to kill an Oklahoma gun store owner.

It also alleged that Doyle met up with Charles Halderman of Henrico to plan the murder of a local jeweler, rob an armored truck and harm a Virginia gun store owner.

All three men are charged with one felony, for now.

http://wtvr.com/2015/11/09/fbi-foil...rfield-white-supremacists-to-incite-race-war/

I'm glad that the FBI was tipped off about this and prevented it from happening.

Good. Lock them up and let them stew for many decades in prison. I don't mind my tax dollars picking up the tab.

Hopefully this leads to more arrests in the future.

We just had the DOJ talking about the threat of domestic terrorism from these types of groups too. This kind of shit worries me a lot. This part of the population is feeling more and more marginalized as time goes on and they're going to start lashing out.

DrArchon

So glad that the feds were able to catch these lunatics before they did anything serious. Everyone is the news talks about groups like ISIS, but domestic terrorists like these wackos are the ones that really scare the piss out of me.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
American terrorists. American extremists. American scum.

We've always been our worst enemy. Always. Keep these jag-offs locked up for good.

JordanN

Banned
We just had the DOJ talking about the threat of domestic terrorism from these types of groups too. This kind of shit worries me a lot. This part of the population is feeling more and more marginalized as time goes on and they're going to start lashing out.

Someone said it best in another thread. 9/11 blindfolded Americans into forgetting about the domestic terror problems that had been raging since the 90's.

Timothy McVeigh or the Columbine shooters weren't that long ago.

The FBI received information that during a meeting there in late September members discussed acting out their extremist beliefs by shooting or bombing occupants of black churches and Jewish synagogues and plotting to kill an Oklahoma gun store owner.

I'm curious who tipped them off. This makes it sound like it was someone close to them who they expected confidentiality from. Like someone who shared similar hatred to theirs. In any case I'm glad these criminals were caught. They should be tried as domestic terrorists in my opinion.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I'm not sure I'd be so quick to rule out Chesterfield as not "proper south," lol. like JBourne, can't say I'm suuuper surprised about this news.

Chesterfield is pretty trash. Worst place I've ever lived, can't wait to get the fuck out.

Someone said it best in another thread. 9/11 blindfolded Americans into forgetting about the domestic terror problems that had been raging since the 90's.

Timothy McVeigh or the Columbine shooters weren't that long ago.

It doesn't help that these kinds of people brand themselves as patriots either. It's different than McVeigh or the Columbine shooters in that regard.

I'm curious who tipped them off. This makes it sound like it was someone close to them who they expected confidentiality from. Like someone who shared similar hatred to theirs. In any case I'm glad these criminals were caught. They should be tried as domestic terrorists in my opinion.

The FBI also has people undercover in a ton of hate groups across the country.

Slayven

Reminds of that scene in "A time to kill" where the racist shit bag drops a dime on the other racist shit bags because they went too far.

JDSN

Banned
I get they are nutbags, but could someone explain this weird fantasy that black people are gonna yell in unison "Race waaaars!" and shit is gonna go down. Everytime there is a riot theres always a few concerned about it.

Asatru? *Googles*

Oh, neopagans, worshipping the Norse gods. That sadly makes sense.

Nonetheless, good that they were caught before they could cause any damage.

KC Denton

They're also Asatru, which is a Norse Heathen religion that believes in Thor and Odin and stuff.
What is it with these kinds of people and Norse mythology? Is it just because those gods were worshipped primarily by white people or are there actual white supremacist elements to the myths that I never picked up on?

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I get they are nutbags, but could someone explain this weird fantasy that black people are gonna yell in unison "Race waaaars!" and shit is gonna go down. Everytime there is a riot theres always a few concerned about it.

The apathetic are concerned that the turmoil may inconvenience their lives in some way, I think. A protest gets mischaracterized as the beginnings of a race war then law enforcement is on alert then they go out and crack down then I can make my 7pm reservation at the Outback Steakhouse without worrying about inconvenience from people protesting about whatever I don't know I can't remember have you ever tried a Bloomin' Onion?

What is it with white nutjobs thinking they're going to start a "race war" by killing a dozen black people, like black people aren't being gunned down and persecuted on a regular basis already?

What is it with these kinds of people and Norse mythology? Is it just because those gods were worshipped primarily by white people or are there actual white supremacist elements to the myths that I never picked up on?

It's probably because Norse mythology is a "legitimately" European/"white" religion. Even Christianity is Levantine.

I think many racists consider the early Germanic to be the epitome of white superiority. As in the 'purest of blood'. Also a lot of white supremacists are born from biker gangs, who co-opted Norse symbolism into their biker personas. So there's probably some cross pollination from that as well.

Edit: Or maybe there actually is something about race superiority in Norse mythology. I don't actually know it too well.

You should also remember, that the Norse mythology heavily promotes patriotism and violence. I mean entry into their version of heaven is guaranteed by dying valiantly in battle. There is nothing that makes these guys more excited than the idea of fighting in some kind of righteous, holy war.

You should also remember, that the Norse mythology heavily promotes patriotism and violence. I mean entry into their version of heaven is guaranteed by dying valiantly in battle. There is nothing that makes these guys more excited than the idea of fighting in some kind of righteous, holy war.

I get the feeling a lot of these white supremacists are cowards and wouldn't die on the battlefield.

I get the feeling a lot of these white supremacists are cowards and wouldn't die on the battlefield.

Of course, they all have big delusions, that's why they are all hankering for the imaginary "race" wars at home.... even though there are plenty of wars going on in the world right now, but they are either too cowardly or too lazy to go to a real battlefield.

pants

What is it with white nutjobs thinking they're going to start a "race war" by killing a dozen black people, like black people aren't being gunned down and persecuted on a regular basis already?

Wasnt this Charles Manson's Kool-Aid too? Super weird.

Tubobutts

The nazis were way into Germanic/Norse mythology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom