• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FBI nabs white supremacist who wanted to follow in Dylan Roof's footsteps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Im sure if he was handsome the people in here calling him a fat fuck would agree with his actions.

I doubt they would agree, but that's kind of the point. His physical appearance is irrelevant to the reason for his arrest, so why make it about that? He was arrested for being a racist, not for being ugly. If he wasn't a "fat fuck" what would people say? And then why not just say that in the first place? We can't fat-shame racism away because, this guy notwithstanding, there are plenty of fit & attractive & extremely racist people, so trying to make the connection that white supremacists are uniformly ugly doesn't hold up. It isn't helpful because, like it or not, we still have to disprove the validity of bigotry and racism in 2017 and, "Yeah well you're ugly" isn't gonna cut it.

So it's not that the people calling him ugly would suddenly agree if he was attractive, it's that framing the argument as "You can't be genetically superior because you're ugly" is immediately void the second someone considered traditionally attractive decides to shoot up some public space. It's a weak argument, I think that's pretty easy to agree upon. In a world where racism is some rare occurrence maybe we could just call him ugly and move on, but we live in the world where racism controls the executive branch and both houses of congress soooo.....

Ok. I agree that you cant just fat shame racism away. I dont think anyone is trying to fix racism by calling this guy fat. Its already been discussed to death in this thread why people went that route. The whole being a superior specimen. The fact that he was going to kill people inferior to him because of their race. The mean spirited posts in here were reactionary. I highly doubt anyone would make the same comments about someone who had just done a good deed.

I hate when people are mean to someone because of their appearance. It disgusts me. But I pick and choose my battles and I'm not going to use this oppertunity to come to the defense of a would be terrorist who was about to slaughter innocent people because of the color of their skin. He forfeited any chance of being treated with any sort of respect when be made that decision.

Some people seem more interested in this guy being called fat than the fact that he was going to kill these people.

Ok. I agree that you cant just fat shame racism away. I dont think anyone is trying to fix racism by calling this guy fat. Its already been discussed to death in this thread why people went that route. The whole being a superior specimen. The fact that he was going to kill people inferior to him because of their race. The mean spirited posts in here were reactionary. I highly doubt anyone would make the same comments about someone who had just done a good deed.

I hate when people are mean to someone because of their appearance. It disgusts me. But I pick and choose my battles and I'm not going to use this oppertunity to come to the defense of a would be terrorist who was about to slaughter innocent people because of the color of their skin. He forfeited any chance of being treated with any sort of respect when be made that decision.

Some people seem more interested in this guy being called fat than the fact that he was going to kill these people.

Oh, I don't think anyone should come to his defense. I simply think there are plenty of reasons to dislike this guy that don't require us pointing out his weight or appearance and those reasons also happen to hold up better under scrutiny. I think we're on the same page here.

Measley

I wonder why the Trump administration isn't bragging about capturing this dangerous terrorist before he had a chance to kill Americans.....

Amazing some are more offended at him being called fat than the fact he wanted to go murder Black people.

FOH.

I have no problems with him getting made fun of for claiming to be superior man while looking like that. 😂

Breads

Banned
That isn't what he is saying and you should know that. It's not fair to assume what others may or may not say but he was clearly in line with saying there would be people to say oh he is handsome and find reasons to agree with his actions. An assumption as to what some would do, but it is true in that respect. You know what he was saying though, or at least this is what he is meaning anyways. His basis is not specific in saying who would say it like you are saying though. It's like those lines people say when they see people having a change in thought and saying but but I thought this was not any good??? There is no clear line to if those were the same people changing their mind or not. People have a lot of non clear ideas and things they say that don't hold a lot of weight though.

If you can't get passed the fact that YOU don't like his look and want to say he is a fat fuck, then you are part of the issue.

Four posts and you're still caping for the would be killer and not the would be victims.

Clearly LookAtMeGo was part of the issue all along.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Amazing some are more offended at him being called fat than the fact he wanted to go murder Black people.

FOH.

I have no problems with him getting made fun of for claiming to be superior man while looking like that. 😂

Only thing I'd say is that people coming into this thread that are of similar look and build as this guy may be hurt by the comments.

But yeah, dude is the worst type of piece of shit, and deserves every mean thing said and done to him.

Only thing I'd say is that people coming into this thread that are of similar look and build as this guy may be hurt by the comments.

But yeah, dude is the worst type of piece of shit, and deserves every mean thing said and done to him.

Fair enough but unless they too think they're superior white man the insults don't apply to them. The entire crux of it is he claims to be superior to others to the point of wanting get to murder Black people. People point out the irony.

Lego Boss

And there's always those that immediately begin the fat shaming regardless of the topic at hand. This terrorist was plotting to kill numerous people, yet some people here have nothing more to offer than fat jokes.

For what it's worth I agree with you. It seems as though it's OK to blend this guy's looks with his beliefs, when they are not the same.

Criticise him all you like for the horrible things he has done/will do, but really what the fuck has that got to do with his physique or face?

Would you all be saying the same thing about a thin person ('another anorexic terrorist'?) or a woman ('girl has got some daddy issues').

Hate what he has done, don't hate his appearance, that's just another form of fascism.

For what it's worth I agree with you. It seems as though it's OK to blend this guy's looks with his beliefs, when they are not the same.

Criticise him all you like for the horrible things he has done/will do, but really what the fuck has that got to do with his physique or face?

Would you all be saying the same thing about a thin person ('another anorexic terrorist'?) or a woman ('girl has got some daddy issues').

Hate what he has done, don't hate his appearance, that's just another form of fascism.

Nah. He deserves to be mocked at every turn for every aspect of his being.

Fuck him.

Christhor

Fair enough but unless they too think they're superior white man the insults don't apply to them. The entire crux of it is he claims to be superior to others to the point of wanting get to murder Black people. People point out the irony.

You're still saying that you're an inferior man if you're fat, of course people are going to be hurt by that.

This piece of shit should be made fun of for other things, not for something that makes it seem like you just hate all fat people. I hope he rots.

Siegcram

You're still saying that you're an inferior man if you're fat, of course people are going to be hurt by that.

This piece of shit should be made fun of for other things, not for something that makes it seem like you just hate all fat people. I hope he rots.
Saying someone isn't superior doesn't automatically designate them as inferior. There's quite a big range of "normal" on between.

Also to still be hung up on this in this particular thread is frankly ridiculous.

Verelios

Guy is a piece of shit, period.

Also to still be hung up on this in this particular thread is frankly ridiculous.

It really is. Like, this douche wants to go in a church and murder Black people but the takeaway is your feelings about the racist being mocked for the irony of claiming to be superior?

I just fucking can't today...

He gets to be mocked for being a racist hypocrite. No one is fat-shaming give me a break.

Back on topic, with what came out about the FBI having to clandestinely investigate white supremacy and KKK infiltration in law enforcement, I'm truly glad they're taking a vested interest in weeding out white terrorism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom