• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#FE | Genei Ibunroku #FE Import OT: Fire Emblem’s spinoff Performa ft. SMT48

The more I see, the more I fall in love with the game. I really hope it's not too far away from an English release and that they are able to secure a JP voice track. Are there any risks of potential licensing issues?

You would hope they would of been smart enough to deal with all that during initial development.

Shun

Man that sub boss song is the most SMT thing I have heard in this game, I love it. Is this game still confirmed hard?

Hard difficulty is for masochists like me. Take that as you will. Like Sakura, I died a few times on Chapter 2 and 3.

yikes, don't wanna go in there tho

people are probably happy it did badly

Let's not bring that negativity here. I don't understand people who want something to fail. I'm very happy with the product so far. Even with a poor showing, there's no reason not to spread word of mouth and encourage people to support good software, especially one with a lot of heart behind it. Much like with Wonderful 101. I hope that impressions are helpful and will get people to make a better decision in picking this game up.

Also here is some Kiria and her biggest fan. I honestly thought Tsubasa would start to annoy me but I warmed up to her and like her Barry-esque Kiria love.

kFwy2Rcnd2oTiTHD
RhFv0DGJCEooOg70

Ssb0GNnjQS2nkNQ6
GLsODOVAOyVHLKY6

eh don't take my previous post as an attempt to create 'you-know-what' in this thread... it's just a standard reaction from me everytime he mentioned Kiria... right Shun? xD

Illucio

Banned
So people who have been playing imported copies, how is the game so far?
What are the common complaints (yours or what other people seem to be complaining about.)
Is the game's combat the same or better then Shin Megami Tensei 4?
Is the game too difficult or too easy? (Or right in the middle.)
How long are you in the game and how far do you think the completion of the main story will take?

Kanann

What are the common complaints (yours or what other people seem to be complaining about.)

How long are you in the game and how far do you think the completion of the main story will take?

1. half way; great game, loving it
2. music outside of main theme aren't as catchy as Meguro's works. Loading time is noticeable (play on HDD).
3. no comment, I like both, sharpFE is a little bit slower but way more more eye candy
4. Too easy for hardcore Megaten fan as me (play on Hard), but I can't say much because I collect everything and they're pay off in character development
5. 25hr, around 40-50 I guess

1. half way; great game, loving it
2. music outside of main theme aren't as catchy as Meguro's works. Loading time is noticeable (play on HDD).
3. no comment, I like both, sharpFE is a little bit slower but way more more eye candy
4. Too easy for hardcore Megaten fan as me (play on Hard), but I can't say much because I collect everything and they're pay off in character development
5. 25hr, around 40-50 I guess

hah i knew it... people quick to jump on saying this is hard based on hamayama's stream but i guess they don't familiar with how he plays his game
at least the enemy have access to session attacks too does makes the battle system enjoyable imo

Shun

sorry, Shun. you are right, of course

this is pretty much Ayane Sakura vs Yoshino Nanjo.

I know you're looking forward to the game, just didn't want to give platform to bring in a sales failure discussion.

eh don't take my previous post as an attempt to create 'you-know-what' in this thread... it's just a standard reaction from me everytime he mentioned Kiria... right Shun? xD

Yes I know you are. .

I am near Mamori get, I have been taking my time with the game. I like the themes and even the image songs enough to get them for karaoke u. For someone who is fresh and new to the staff, I think Fujisawa did a good job. I am not a big fan of his previous works.

Complaints for the game are load times but that is not a deal breaker and it is faster on digital. I can see why people say there isn't enough fire emblem? But for a fan I don't think they need to put in too much, there are quite a few nods and references and the game is very much it's own thing and I like it for that. I'm not going to give it a negative saying it doesn't have enough FE because I think for the setting and for what it is, it does it well.

There are tropes, but that is an Atlus mainstay. Character focused Atlus RPGs like the MegaTen spinoffs have tropes and this one is no different. It shouldn't be enough to deter you since it's covered ground already.

Characters are likable and focused on, you learn more about them through topic and side story. I thought I might come to dislike some chara but they are more flesh out later. I don't think Barry ever gets annoying I love him.

I think the gameplay is decently challenging on Hard, I have not played on easy or normal but it isn't unfair nor is it a steamroll. There is depth to the battle system so you don't cruise your way through earlier game. It is enough to keep you careful but I haven't run into a point where I felt like it was too hard or I had to grind, it was completely my fault the places I died. There is grinding support DLC but that hasn't been necessary. Things might ramp up later tho.

Different from SMT4, but I think this game is more fun battle wise because I thought SMTIV was kind of a steamroll outside of a couple bosses and DLC. I would say I enjoy this more because in the beginning there is more variety in skills and weapons rather than sticking to certain skills and demons balance. You could cheese your way through SMTIV. Either way it is a positive if you do enjoy atlus RPG it is good, Persona or SMT or Devil Survivor.

Sakura

I'm at the end of chapter 5.
I don't think the writing is that great, and the setting etc seems kind of lazy. It kind of feels like a lower budget Persona spinoff made by a B team.
I think some people have been complaining about load times, but I am playing digital so I haven't had any problems there.
The game is somewhat difficult I think (more so than SMTIV) but there are easier difficulty settings.

counting the songs in the credits, there's
18 (+1 since dia majo is listed twice due to story purpose)
in total (probably miscount a bit)... good luck treehouse team, trying to dub those haha

Shun

counting the songs in the credits, there's
18 (+1 since dia majo is listed twice due to story purpose)
in total (probably miscount a bit)... good luck treehouse team, trying to dub those haha
Do we know when they will release the OST?

No announcement on original soundtrack for game but the transitions and talks in the Fortissimo Special Vocal Selection are nice. The last ones between Dear☆Majo!Sweet♡ Kiria Ver pretty funny it has Barry forcing Kiria to sing and going crazy over having a personal Dear Majo Live in front of him.

I hope we get soundtrack and artworks information in the coming couple months.

Also more service from last night.

also what the fortissimo+wii u is like

marmoka

Banned
What would be the best name for this game in the west?

My bet, or proposition: #FireEmblem Revelations

I would keep the "sharp" with the full Fire Emblem name on it, instead of just #FE, I think many people would not this is a Fire Emblem game without the full name. And the # gives it a modern touch, referencing social networks such as Twitter, Facebook or Instagram, making it clear this Fire Emblem game happens in the present world.

Have any of you guys tried using headphones with the game pad? Does it output all the audio without having to switch to off tv mode like xenoblade?

Well I thought I would've spent my playtime today going into Chapter 3, but instead I farmed Stage Ranks to get the sidestories I could still get now to appear.

So now I have 2 sidestories to complete before I'm headed for Chapter 3.

I played more than 18 hours, my party is level 26/27/28.
Needless to say, I'm taking my time.

Sakura

Just about done here, on the last dungeon I think. Was hoping to finish today, but it's getting late :/
I think of the side stories I've done, I've enjoyed Tiki's the most.

Have any of you guys tried using headphones with the game pad? Does it output all the audio without having to switch to off tv mode like xenoblade?
The gamepad outputs audio for this game? :O

Sakura

Finished the game earlier today myself
There is new game+ but not sure I really want to play through it again.

How do you access the onsen DLC? I could've sworn it said something about accessing it on the computer, but I didn't see how.

squadr0n

How is this game doing saleswise in Japan so far and how is it compared to Xenoblade X?

Whoever gets to translate this sure has their work cut out for them lol. Cannot wait for a western release, Persona 5 and this! Finally some real console jrpgs from Atlus.

Shun

Finished the game earlier today myself
There is new game+ but not sure I really want to play through it again.

How do you access the onsen DLC? I could've sworn it said something about accessing it on the computer, but I didn't see how.

You access it in the office by the monitor and you have an option to go through with the 秘湯へGO ! CM event.

How is this game doing saleswise in Japan so far and how is it compared to Xenoblade X?

Whoever gets to translate this sure has their work cut out for them lol. Cannot wait for a western release, Persona 5 and this! Finally some real console jrpgs from Atlus.

It was released on a Saturday, the day after Christmas. It of course did poorly initially because of when it released. Ask again in a week or so for a better indication of sales.

It obviously is not going to sell very well, but that won't stop us from spreading word of mouth and encouraging people to check out a good game like with W101. It deserves it.

Lusankya

The Boss Battle music is really good, can't wait to get this game in English.
I hope we do get it in English, even though the sales are bad in Japan. :(

Chindogg

I hope Atlus does the localization.

I want all the weirdness and Japanisms left in the game. I don't want some weird meme explanation of Idol culture or anything like that.

Top Bottom