• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes March 10th

2thepoint

I really hope The Order: 1886 does well and gets a sequel.

I just completed the title and it was such an amazing, incredible looking experience, and I hope RAD get another chance at the franchise.

For their debut console game, it is absolutely crazy what they achieved.

With all the work RaD put into the in-house engine, they should at the very least let other devs use it. That engine is just incredible.

Yeah for all I know they will do an Order 1887, its just it has had a steep drop off, and didn't exactly have the most massive launch anyways. Couple that with a general negative response and a sequel would certainly be facing a bit of an uphill battle.

But it may happen I'm not saying it won't

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So people expects PS4/XB1 to be down yoy this month too? Guess it was obvious from all the deals and bundling retailers been doing but still pretty disappointing.

Well, to be honest I was expecting PS4 to be down YOY in January already, since January 2014 was pretty high, honestly. And it could've still had a pretty good result...the problem is that the actual numbers were quite lower than what I expected. Also, February 2014 v.s. February 2015 should be a month with a small YOY percentage drop for PS4, considering how, one year ago, it suffered from shortages. Especially if compared with the YOY drop for January. Still, we need to see the actual numbers. I mean, in the same way One getting the Holiday special price cut sort of "warned" me about less-than-satisfying result back in October, PS4 getting a brand new deal on Amazon (from 1 to 3 games included, still at 399.99) sort of "warns" me about a less-than-satisfying February for the console. But it could be a phenomenon more isolated to Amazon.com marketplace, and that it was compensated by Gamestop's trade-in deal.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Close, but not 100% precise. For example, PS4 should be 269K.

I'm in a nitpicky mood today. :p

I think you mean 269.374293952835315139762473k

Ya know.... if we're being nitpicky and all.... :p

I'm kidding, don't kill me!!! (and yes I know that number doesn't exist, that's the joke)

With all the work RaD put into the in-house engine, they should at the very least let other devs use it. That engine is just incredible.

The only problem may be the fact it's a custom engine, it won't have documentation or support in the same way Unreal would have. It's why no one is using Guerilla's or Naughty Dog's engines, even within WWS.

Death2494

Maybe The Order will be the new Lair and never get a sequel.

Already confirmed to be a triology, no?

http://www.gamezone.com/news/the-order-1886-is-built-to-be-more-than-just-one-game

RAD CEO Ru Weerasuriya said:
We've built this IP to be much bigger than just one game. There are stories that have been told in the game but there are stories that haven't and stories abotu what happens after the events of this game. Absolutely, though, I would love to get the chance to tell more stories with sequels and other things we can do with the IP

Death2494

Based on amazon, xbox one has march on lock.

Isn't Amazon just trying to deplete their remain ACU bundle inventory? I didn't see any other major retailers offering this same kind of deal.
Bish-Checked Insiders, any chance of The Order: 1886 breaking Top 10 NPD for February?

mejin

It could be the 2nd where he lives.

giphy.gif

Isn't Amazon just trying to deplete their remain ACU bundle inventory? I didn't see any other major retailers offering this same kind of deal.
Bish-Checked Insiders, any chance of The Order: 1886 breaking Top 10 NPD for February?

It better be top 10 NPD for February or it would be a catastrophic failure.

That said yes indeed it should be.

Death2494

It better be top 10 NPD for February or it would be a catastrophic failure.

That said yes indeed it should be.

Thanks for the reply Shogun. Do you think the game affected PS4 sales in any way? Trying to get some insight to make a fairly decent prediction.

To anyone else, where there any other promotions for Xbox besides the Amazon + 1 controller and Wolfenstien ACU promo? Thanks in advance.

orfax

Ok, I'm determined not to miss the cutoff this month.

[3DS] 300K
[PS4] 215K
[WIU] 80K
[XB1] 200K

Loakum

Banned
The only problem may be the fact it's a custom engine, it won't have documentation or support in the same way Unreal would have. It's why no one is using Guerilla's or Naughty Dog's engines, even within WWS.

In the case of Naughty Dog, they didn't release their engine for other developers to use.

It has to be... Comp slate was very sparse. Up against majora, dying light from Jan and the holdover q4 releases. Gotta be there.

Yep top 10 will most likely include

Majora
Monster Hunter
Order 1886
DBZ Xenoverse
Evolve
Dying Light
GTA V
COD

and 2 more. Idk Minecraft and NBA I guess?

Btw list is in no particular order

donny2112

Who's the current holder of that record?

In Japan, it has to be a Final Fantasy game. Probably XIII. In the U.S., you get into all kinds of issues due to the 1st month sometimes being a real month and sometimes just being a few days. Muddies up the water something fierce there.

Final Fantasy XIII droped more than 93% on second month in NPD. If it's not the record must have come close.

Maybe it'll be FFXIII on both sides of the Pacific then! :lol

I guess you could say you've posted this as a placeholder until you make your "Final Verdict".....

I'll see myself out.
Haha, nice one!

But seriously, I have no Idea where 3Ds will land,and I still haven't looked at legacy numbers to get an average MoM %change for Jan-Feb...
Been too busy with college and work

LOCK

Retail GAF, how much of a restock did the n3DS get following launch? How did the restock compare to the launch quantity?

Does the Wii U appear up MOM? Even YOY?

Thanks

Top Bottom