• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Observe THIS, Brother!

Sephzilla

So how does the GWF work in terms of who gets a title shot after the champ has been decided? Run a tournament to decide No. 1 contender? Pick a random name?

I gotta know for when people start to challenge me for my gold. /s

I'm going to kind of see how things naturally develop. I'm already planning GWF2 to be about crowning midcard and tag champs and maybe a #1 contender for the world title. The world champ will get a show off after winning the belt at GWF1.

Also, whomever wins the world title better damn well cut a "tear in my eye" promo after.

EDIT: Or I'll look at Zach's random power rankings

Zach

So how does the GWF work in terms of who gets a title shot after the champ has been decided? Run a tournament to decide No. 1 contender? Pick a random name?

I will construct an independent Power Rankings based on individual performances that Sephzilla will be forced to book around.

Ok, I need some input.

Background: I do online marketing for a large hospitality company and we have a meeting next week with our senior executive leadership team to discuss why certain markets are not performing as well this year as they did last year. The Dallas area is on the list and one of the reasons Q1 is down is due to WM being here last year and not this year.

Now, in our presentation, we have the data to back this up but I think it would be funny (to at least me and possibly one other person who will be in attendance) to include a bit detailing out the buildup to the HHH/Reigns match, specifically focusing on HHH. I would dive into HHH's background and how he made his way from small-time wrestler to one of the heads of WWE. All the while, there will be a huge photo of H in the background with his career in bullet-points.

Then, we will make it sound like this match was the biggest thing ever and the culmination of a masterful story pitting a corporate overlord against a scrappy underdog and how in the end Reigns overcame the odds to capture the title in front of 100k people. I'm going back and forth between if I want to make it as ridiculous as possible or no-sell everything and play it dead serious.

tl;dr should I include a HHH infograph in my presentation to our leadership team at work next week?
Last year some fucking jabronie used "Time to Play the Game" as his presentation song. Are you 17??

Kornflayx

There will be a jobber belt? I don't think you need to worry about someone challenging for it

wFaDJfn.gif

Hasney

I'm going to kind of see how things naturally develop. I'm already planning GWF2 to be about crowning midcard and tag champs and maybe a #1 contender for the world title. The world champ will get a show off after winning the belt at GWF1.

Also, whomever wins the world title better damn well cut a "tear in my eye" promo after.

EDIT: Or I'll look at Zach's random power rankings

Are you using Universe mode to book rivalries and shit and see how things play out cutscene wise, or just doing it solo?

Fuck the lack of create a story mode. #ThanksYukes

Hasney

Or so you think

UiyVHS.gif

I'm going to do as much as I can in Universe mode. But I'll probably skip out on the cutscene stuff because that stuff is kind of boring AF

Yeah, the repeated cutscenes are boring as fuck. OH LOOK, SOMEONE BEAT SOMEONE UP BEFORE THE MATCH!!!!!! But it does mean that mid-match run-ins and shitty promos can be a thing.

Sephzilla

That hurts. 31GhostsIV's patented Palm(er) Strike is ready for the big leagues.

Perhaps it's time to launch a feeder promotion? NXGAF? NEOXT?

Entry into GWF will open up again eventually. Part of the problem is that the initial time spent making the 37 members of the roster was daunting. Plus there's already the reality that people wont get booked for one or two shows in a row

officially officially quit my job (handed my notice in last week but was waiting for their counter offer)

i wish my self well in my future endeavours
i'm bricking it

Ok, I need some input.

Background: I do online marketing for a large hospitality company and we have a meeting next week with our senior executive leadership team to discuss why certain markets are not performing as well this year as they did last year. The Dallas area is on the list and one of the reasons Q1 is down is due to WM being here last year and not this year.

Now, in our presentation, we have the data to back this up but I think it would be funny (to at least me and possibly one other person who will be in attendance) to include a bit detailing out the buildup to the HHH/Reigns match, specifically focusing on HHH. I would dive into HHH's background and how he made his way from small-time wrestler to one of the heads of WWE. All the while, there will be a huge photo of H in the background with his career in bullet-points.

Then, we will make it sound like this match was the biggest thing ever and the culmination of a masterful story pitting a corporate overlord against a scrappy underdog and how in the end Reigns overcame the odds to capture the title in front of 100k people. I'm going back and forth between if I want to make it as ridiculous as possible or no-sell everything and play it dead serious.

tl;dr should I include a HHH infograph in my presentation to our leadership team at work next week?

Do it but hope no one in the office watches wrasslin.

We still need a proper name for a potential mid-card championship

The GWF Arquette's Jobberweight Title.

jmdajr

Ok, I need some input.

yes

somedevil

This video on Alexa Bliss and her parents is very good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldc_B2GD4ig

Includes that she was born when her father was 17 and her mother was 18. Plus her mom on this is hilarious.

Smackdown Viewership:

Tuesday's episode of WWE Smackdown averaged 2.792 million viewers (Monday's Raw averaged 3.216 million viewers). For Smackdown, this is up from last week's 2.626 million viewers.

Second highest viewership this year.

Top Bottom