• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone from NYC willing to let me crash at their place so I can watch some ROH/NJPW?

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh yeah, now that the Network is definitely working I don't need to spend more time looking for WM11 Lamp, good stuff!

As someone who hasn't watched a ton of wrestling since the attitude era, I am looking for recommendations I could watch on the WWE network on some of the best modern era matches (within the past 2-3 years or so). From what I gather looking up Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, and Shield matches would be a good start. Any recommendations?

A few matches to get you started;

. Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus - 2/3 Falls - Extreme Rules 2012
. Brock Lesnar vs CM Punk - Summerslam 2013
. The Shield vs Cena, Sheamus & Ryback - Elimination Chamber 2013

Aiii

So not worth it
I'd say for Punk you should start with CM Punk vs. John Cena from Raw on February 25th, 2013.

Cagey

Banned
A few matches to get you started;

. Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus - 2/3 Falls - Extreme Rules 2012
. Brock Lesnar vs CM Punk - Summerslam 2013
. The Shield vs Cena, Sheamus & Ryback - Elimination Chamber 2013

I would add The Shield v. Kane, Daniel Bryan, and Ryback from Tables, Ladders, Chairs 2012.

Scottify

Still trying to sign up. As I thought, it's going to be touch and go. I'm hopeful I'll be able to get signed up today at some point.

I'll probably start with some old PPVs. Summerslam '92 from Wembley and probably WrestlMania VIII. I've been watching old Saturday Night's Main Event and Superstars leading up to that WrestleMania.

I am a real American.
Fight for the rights of every man.
I am a real American.
fight for what's right, fight for your life!

When it comes crashing down, and it hurts inside.
You gotta take a stand, it don't help to hide.
Well, you hurt my friends, and you hurt my pride,
I gotta be a man; I can't let it slide.

I am a real American.
I am a real American.

I feel strong about right and wrong,
And I don't take trouble for very long,
I got something deep inside of me.
Courage is the thing that keeps us free.

I am a real American.
I am a real American.

I am a real American.
I am a real American.

Well you hurt my friends, and you hurt my pride,
I gotta be a man; I can't let it slide,

I am a real American.
Fight for the rights of every man,
I am a real American.
Fight for what's right, fight for your life!

I am a real American.
I am a real American.

Kaladin

For WWE Network discussion (similar in format to the Netflix thread), I'm thinking:

The WWE Network Recommendation Thread of Five Star Matches

I am a real American.
I am a real American.

When it comes crashing down, and it hurts inside.
You gotta take a stand, it don't help to hide.
Well, you hurt my friends, and you hurt my pride,
I gotta be a man; I can't let it slide.

I am a real American.
I am a real American.

I feel strong about right and wrong,
And I don't take trouble for very long,
I got something deep inside of me.
Courage is the thing that keeps us free.

I am a real American.
I am a real American.

I am a real American.
I am a real American.

Well you hurt my friends, and you hurt my pride,
I gotta be a man; I can't let it slide,

I am a real American.
I am a real American.

I am a real American.
I am a real American.

i27pEadFzv4kW.gif

One of the glorious benefits of working from a home office is that I can keep the Network running all day long (on mute during phone/web conferences).

I've never seen a single ECW/WCW PPV, and no WWE content before early 2012, when my son and I started watching. I have SO MUCH TO WATCH, you guys!

Kaladin

One of the glorious benefits of working from a home office is that I can keep the Network running all day long (on mute during phone/web conferences).

I've never seen a single ECW/WCW PPV, and no WWE content before early 2012, when my son and I started watching. I have SO MUCH TO WATCH, you guys!

Keep an eye on that bandwidth cap.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd wait for the WWE Network Recommendations thread until the login issues are sorted and people start discussing the actual content. May be a couple days. Then the normal Network thread slows down to a crawl and people migrate over.

Browny

Banned
As a long-time lurker, I thought I'd introduce myself before the biggest Raw of the year kicks in, and I get lost in the shuffle...

Since I'm UK-GAF
and with a young daughter to look after and an other-half who just wouldn't understand
, glad I don't have to worry about trying to get the Network. Although slightly concerned my Youtube catchups are going to be severely curtailed in the future.

*looks around for hands to shake*

Ithil

As someone who hasn't watched a ton of wrestling since the attitude era, I am looking for recommendations I could watch on the WWE network on some of the best modern era matches (within the past 2-3 years or so). From what I gather looking up Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, and Shield matches would be a good start. Any recommendations?

The Shield vs Ryback, Daniel Bryan and Kane at TLC 2012, and Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk at Over The Limit 2012 are the MOTYs for WWE in 2012.
2013 is harder to decide as it was a really high quality year match wise. A crap ton of great Shield matches, Bryan matches, etc.

Daniel Bryan vs John Cena, and CM Punk vs Brock Lesnar, both at Summerslam 2013 are great.

Sokantish

Hello Browny, you can totally still get the WWE network though

Cesaro and Sami Zayn 2/3 falls is gonna be on This is NXT!

Kaladin

As a long-time lurker, I thought I'd introduce myself before the biggest Raw of the year kicks in, and I get lost in the shuffle...

Since I'm UK-GAF
and with a young daughter to look after and an other-half who just wouldn't understand
, glad I don't have to worry about trying to get the Network. Although slightly concerned my Youtube catchups are going to be severely curtailed in the future.

Welcome!!!

**shakes hand**

We need an all time fave five list from you.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Since I'm UK-GAF

WELCOME BROTHER

I love your av too.

FAVE FIVE US!

Ithil

I can't decide which was the best crowd chant of the night. "BOO-TISTA" basically dooming Batista's face run by giving the crowd a negative chant just for Batista, or chanting "PUSSY!" at Orton after he ran like a bitch to hide in the Chamber pod.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't decide which was the best crowd chant of the night. "BOO-TISTA" basically dooming Batista's face run by giving the crowd a negative chant just for Batista, or chanting "PUSSY!" at Orton after he ran like a bitch to hide in the Chamber pod.

That was a great spot too. Heel coward Orton is best Orton. I love it MAGGLE!

Kaladin

Definitely BOO-TISTA. That is chant of the year material right there.

Sephzilla

Gonna have to pull that down later. Heard the chamber match was actually pretty great too, despite the stupid finish.

Yeah, the match was an A-level match that got bumped down into a B-level match becauser of a 2001 era WCW finish.

Neither. The best chant of the night was "Let's go Wyatts! Let's go Shield!". Boo-tista is #2 though.

Browny

Banned
Welcome!!!

**shakes hand**

We need an all time fave five list from you.

All time? Well the first real lot of wrasslin I watched was WCW Saturday Night, so...

1. Vader (Big Van, not screwed-over WWF)
2. Masahiro Chono (tight STF shit, there)
3. Surfer Sting
4. Rick Rude
5. Steven Regal (yes, Steven...)

Pre-Hogan WCW was remotely bearable - great feuds, but no meaty storylines... Seems like we're getting blow-off feuds with weird storylines now...

Kaladin

All time? Well the first real lot of wrasslin I watched was WCW Saturday Night, so...

3. Surfer Sting
4. Rick Rude

Pre-Hogan WCW was remotely bearable - great feuds, but no meaty storylines... Seems like we're getting blow-off feuds with weird storylines now...

Surfer Sting? Rude? Vader?

You'll fit in around these parts.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

3. Surfer Sting
4. Rick Rude

jCtPMexHjTuBR_e.jpg
This guy right here, it's a delight to have you brother!

As great as BOOTISTA and PUSSY were, the crowd reaction of the night was the entire match where they cheered the normally-eternal crowd vacuum that is Del Rio over the babyface Mania main-eventer/soon-to-be champ.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
hogan wont be getting booed tonight thats for sure

Fans in attendance at tonight’s pay-per-view noted that the place went crazy when the Hulk Hogan return promos and the WWE Network promos featuring Hogan aired.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nobody would boo Hogan. Dude's wrestling royalty. I don't care how jaded you get, he's still something special*

in WWE

Since I'm UK-GAF

Welcome fellow Uk bro

Do you like Dave Mastiff or do you love Dave Mastiff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom