• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fellow GAFer OriginalThinking aka Robbie has passed away due to cancer

Azazzel

I will always fucking hate how reluctant doctors are to consider cancer as a diagnosis in young people. It's like their last choice. Two people that i know (late 20's) have a type of cancer already and it hurts to see them struggling with it.

RIP fellow gaffer. You shall be missed.

RIP. Never knew him, but if he was on here with the rest of us that's enough for it to feel shit that he didn't get a fair roll of the dice. Condolences to his family.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
I will always fucking hate how reluctant doctors are to consider cancer as a diagnosis in young people. It's like their last choice. Two people that i know (late 20's) have a type of cancer already and it hurts to see them struggling with it.

RIP fellow gaffer. You shall be missed.

More than treatments I hope there's a lot of money going into news methods of diagnosis. With the treatments we have now we could be saving a lot more lives if we could simply screen people for the most deadly cancers quickly and safely during their yearly physicals.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, I hope that he is in peace. My thoughts go with his family and friends.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Thanks everyone.

It was really hard to make this thread. I'm sure Robbie would love to see the out pouring of support and love.

Colin.

Ahh, I remember seeing him about. Mainly in politics related threads. Seemed like a decent chap. Another bit of shitty news today :( Thoughts go out to his friends and family.

kinggroin

Banned
I've been his friend for a few years, gaming online off and on since he's in Scotland and I, in the US. But he's always felt close. Maybe just a result of his warmth, I don't know, but I loved the guy.

It's been a crazy day. When his wife sent over news of his passing, it took a while to even process. It just felt fake. I dunno, he was just here and now he's not, but I still have our chat history, the funny sound bites he'd send over, pictures, etc and it feels so bizarre to have all these things of someone no longer here.

This may sound like bullshit, but outside my great grandmother, this was the next closest person to me to pass away. I'm going to miss him so much.

Top Bottom