• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF Type-0 HD, Uncharted 4, + more leaked on Sony TGS site

LuuKyK

From the PS4 lgames in that collage from the last page the ones I dont remember hearing about are: One Upon Light, Ender of Fire, Pavilion, Maison de MAOU, Never Alone, and Element4l.

Slowdive

Banned

That's just the Asia session of the same pre-TGS press conference they already held for Japan. There will likely be release info and pricing for things specific to the Asia region, but it is unlikely that there will be any actual new announcements. Anything which wasn't announced at the Japanese conference will likely be saved for the TGS show floor.

TheHall

Look guys, The Last Guardian....

Let-It-Die-logo.jpg

The Square Enix Music twitter is also teasing Type-0

そしてこの間もお伝えしましたが、毎度おなじみ効果音集も販売します~。今回はなんと、“0”!みんなの予想を裏切って4じゃなくて0!

My loose translation: As we told you, we're again selling a similar sound effects compilation! This time it's "0"! We're defying everyone's expections and giving you "0" instead of "4"!

(Squex has a tradition of selling sound-effects compilation CDs as event-only limited edition items... I think they're usually 500 yen?)

EDIT: Refers to "Compilation 0" of early sound effects. My mistake.

May16

That's just the Asia session of the same pre-TGS press conference they already held for Japan. There will likely be release info and pricing for things specific to the Asia region, but it is unlikely that there will be any actual new announcements. Anything which wasn't announced at the Japanese conference will likely be saved for the TGS show floor.

Wait, so this press conference they mentioned at the end of the Sept 1 conference -- to be held about 30 hours from now -- is just mostly a repeat of the same stuff, just with difference localized info for the Asia regions?

Slowdive

Banned
Wait, so this press conference they mentioned at the end of the Sept 1 conference -- to be held about 30 hours from now -- is just mostly a repeat of the same stuff, just with difference localized info for the Asia regions?

Yeah. There'll be actual announcements at TGS itself.

duckroll

Yup. The only place you'll even find the conference being promoted is on the Asia portal: http://asia.playstation.com/sceja-2014/index-en.html

There's nothing on the Japanese site at all, which is a good indication of what to expect.

Yes.

"Hey, watch us talk about all the games we've just talked about 2 weeks ago, minus some."

"Hey, game A/B/C/D announced 2 weeks ago that most likely coming to the west? It's coming to Asia localised in Chinese/Korean!"

"Look at these different dates compared to Japan's dates!"

The above pretty much sums up Asia press conference.

zeromcd73

Yes.

"Hey, watch us talk about all the games we've just talked about 2 weeks ago, minus some."

"Hey, game A/B/C/D announced 2 weeks ago that most likely coming to the west? It's coming to Asia localised in Chinese/Korean!"

"Look at these different dates compared to Japan's dates!"

The above pretty much sums up Asia press conference.
Don't they usually do the award thing as well? Where games get awards if they sold 1mil+, 500k+ etc?

Exentryk

My loose translation: As we told you, we're again selling a similar sound effects compilation! This time it's "0"! We're defying everyone's expections and giving you "0" instead of "4"!

(Squex has a tradition of selling sound-effects compilation CDs as event-only limited edition items... I think they're usually 500 yen?)

Nice. I did read that tweet earlier, but it's hard to make sense out of it using google translate. So thanks for the translation.

duckroll

They're not teasing Type-0. Did you really link that out of context and conveniently left out what it really was?

https://twitter.com/sem_sep/status/511718060298760192

The sound effect compilation disc this year is "Compilation 0" which is a collection of stuff from Squaresoft's earliest works - King's Knight, Highway Star, etc. It will also include stuff from their Wonderswan titles like Wildcard and Chocobo Land.

Come on, don't troll people with half-baked info.

ConceptX

We sure that's not just more KH space?

Aww man that makes sense too.

Looking forward to some Type-0 information.

This may be a stupid question as it's TGS, but, on a game that's relatively done, do they also release English trailers to partner the Japanese trailers? Not necessarily at TGS, but around the same time of the announcements?

Would love to see an English Type-0 trailer or the intro.

Slowdive

Banned

This may be a stupid question as it's TGS, but, on a game that's relatively done, do they also release English trailers to partner the Japanese trailers? Not necessarily at TGS, but around the same time of the announcements?

Sometimes. They'll release the English trailer/footage of Phantom Pain almost straight away, not so sure about Type-0, I don't know how far along they are with the voice acting.

Exentryk

Sometimes. They'll release the English trailer/footage of Phantom Pain almost straight away, not so sure about Type-0, I don't know how far along they are with the voice acting.

Voice acting was pretty much done ages ago. So it is possible.

I've seen a few big gaming sites report on this now, and even linking to live streams to encourage their readers to watch it. Now we'll have an inevitable slew of articles talking about how Sony bombed this conference and people complaining a out its quality despite it not being targeted to westerners in the first place. Where the fuck do the idea to post this kind of thing anyway?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

What is there to know? The game is three years old.

ConceptX

Wasn't the voice acting for Type-0 recorded years ago?

I remember reading that also, I believe they started and then scrapped a localisation.

SE might of re-recorded it, changed VA's etc, but I highly doubt that, as it would be an unnecessary cost.

So in essence, with the VA already done, and the game "80%" complete, an English trailer surely can't be far away.

Edit: Information was obviously a poor choice of words in the previous post, though a release date would be nice, I'll be happy with seeing the new visuals/it in action on PS4.

Imouto

Banned
I've seen a few big gaming sites report on this now, and even linking to live streams to encourage their readers to watch it. Now we'll have an inevitable slew of articles talking about how Sony bombed this conference and people complaining a out its quality despite it not being targeted to westerners in the first place. Where the fuck do the idea to post this kind of thing anyway?

But, doesn't it happen every year? People who have no interest in Japanese games also come and complain about games that obviously don't target them.

Top Bottom