• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFCC: The Crystal Bearers Website (Releasing NA 26.12.09)

Akai

Man is that Chocobo slow...Hopefully you can give it a kick in the butt to move a little faster!

Fuu said:
Well, the miasma did originate from an alien surfing a meteor falling on the planet so it's not farfetched it may come back somehow. Here's hoping that's not the case though, miasma sucks and restricts the player (if only as a plot device I'm ok with it though).

As mentioned a few posts up, Layle having a crystal permanently attached to his face would nullify any effect...

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Akai said:
As mentioned a few posts up, Layle having a crystal permanently attached to his face would nullify any effect...
Yup, unless... Along with the usual kind there's a new super type of miasma where he can't enter before doing stuff A and deactivating stuff B. Just saying I hope there's nothing lame like that, the open world here seems like so much fun to run and play around. If there's not going to be NPCs in the open areas just say it's because there's a bunch of monsters and call it a day.

Another thing I hope is that (at least most of) the missions use the overworld as it is instead of warping you to a closed off space that's looks the same but with the mission related stuff added.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Fuu said:
Another thing I hope is that (most of) the missions use the overworld as it is instead of warping you to a closed off space that's looks the same but with the mission related stuff added.

Yea, that's what I'm saying I'm afraid of... a full game of closed-off area missions, like Crisis Core...

Look how barren most of these environments look (though they do look big, and oft pretty) and now that we see what looks like an enclosed barrier... yikes.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
:lol

Do we know if Layle will be able to change clothes? He uses swimming clothes during a section of the trailer but that may be only during certain parts the game I guess. Would be cool if he had a big wardrobe.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
John Harker said:
Yea but I thought that was taking place 1000 years after the miasma was cleared or something to that effect
Oh I was just drawing silly parallells to Twilight Princess :p

GDGF

Soothsayer
I hope they at least have a few music track updates before this whole thing is over. It took a minute for me to realise what was wrong with the Chocobo video. The Chocobo song wasn't playing.

DO do do do DO do do DO do dooo

CTLance

I've been away from civilisation for the last four days. Looks like I missed a bunch of hilarious updates. :lol

I think we need a "thread topic log" so that latecomers may still bask in the warm glow of distilled info/mockery/fun.

vareon

Dascu said:
Is it me or does this game look pretty average? Those open fields look incredibly bland, empty and boring.

Based on what we've seen so far, yeah, though I don't really agree on "incredibly". Twilight Princess would look boring too if the only trailers we got is Link falling to a cliff then using his hookshot or Link chasing some random enemy with Epona.

TW does have a cool day/night effects, though. I hope there's a day/night cycle in this game, too.

GDGF

Soothsayer
The old trailer (the one with the funky hillbilly rock music) had a lot of enemies in it. I'm sure they cleared the enemies out of these most recent videos so they could focus on the player/npc/monster reactions.

Dascu

GDGF said:
The old trailer (the one with the funky hillbilly rock music) had a lot of enemies in it. I'm sure they cleared the enemies out of these most recent videos so they could focus on the player/npc/monster reactions.
I hope so. These videos give the impression that the game's still a long way from completion.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Dascu said:
These videos give the impression that the game's still a long way from completion.

Oh, well that could still be true :lol I don't think a lack of enemies is going to be a problem, though.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
jeremy1456 said:
That's probably the best video ever.

Chocobo riding in the open world? Looks amazing.

Why is THIS not FFXIII?

Because calling it FFXIII would rise expectations levels to a point that could never be met?

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
grandjedi6 said:
Because calling it FFXIII would rise expectations levels to a point that could never be met?

If XII was any indication, the less it has to do with mainline FF games, the better.
I loved the FF games, but god I was burnt BAD on FFXII

elrohir

Neo Member
i guess, after the last update (which is the wallpaper) the real website will open. i hope so. i want to see some character art and more information.

Oxx

It's a shame we have already seen the new logo in last week's magazine scans.

Still, it has been a fairly amusing ride and it will be interesting to see what happens now that there are no more updates planned for the website.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Here is the latest wallpaper with the new logo:

AUeL3wN7_1920.jpg

I'm not entirely sold on the new logo, but it really doesn't matter.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
GoldandBlue said:
No more updates, for now at least.

Hopefully Famitsu news tomorrow. :D

Yeah, hope the info doesn't just dry up..

jeremy1456

Rpgmonkey said:
Logo's okay.

I really like the color of the title though. It's a little more interesting than a plain black FINAL FANTASY.

I agree - I especially like the mix of blue and yellow.

ivysaur12

Banned
The blue and yellow Final Fantasy is awesome.

I was a big fan of the other logo, but I guess this one is alright given the tone and how different it is from the rest of the series.

What's most obvious is how small the Crystal Chronicles subtitle is now. I don't see why Square doesn't just get rid of the CC branding, at least for this game...

Father_Brain said:
What's most obvious is how small the Crystal Chronicles subtitle is now. I don't see why Square doesn't just get rid of the CC branding, at least for this game...
The Crystal Chronicles subtitle has been small in every game after the original.

I like the new logo. I wonder if the moon has anything to do with the sotry as the "C" in Crystal seems to mimic a moon. Or it's just me imagining things.

justchris

I never have time to follow GAF on the weekends anymore, but that Love Train video was brilliant. And open world chocobo riding is ace.

Top Bottom