• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFCC: The Crystal Bearers Website (Releasing NA 26.12.09)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I wish Itahana had some sort of blog to post random art.

Would be cool if they started doing screens/artwork uploads now. These videos were a good run, such a contrast to the time when people would cry about the game being canned in every CC related thread.

Fuu

It's different stuff from last week's Jump scan too. Famitsu magazine screens are posted on their website later, right?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Shoot, the scans don't show the info box. Hoping for some sort of release window.

Fuu

Wold rock so much if this was coming this year. Not holding my breath anyway.

That big tower/castle thing with two giant crystals, flags and a town below looks neat although I almost can't see shit in the photo "scan".

schuelma

Fantastical said:
Coming out this year would be crazy and so unlike Square. I would love it.

I think its a distinct possibility. It's been in development for forever and I think its unlikely for SE to start up a simultaneous worldwide teaser site if its not coming relatively soon.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
schuelma said:
I think its a distinct possibility. It's been in development for forever and I think its unlikely for SE to start up a simultaneous worldwide teaser site if its not coming relatively soon.
Yeah, I agree. Who knows, anything could happen. I would just love to have this game in Fall. :D

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
CTLance said:
I've been away from civilisation for the last four days. Looks like I missed a bunch of hilarious updates. :lol

I think we need a "thread topic log" so that latecomers may still bask in the warm glow of distilled info/mockery/fun.
we need version control, for pete's sake.

Fuu

Aaron Strife said:
For releasing nothing but ports/remakes on DS I'd imagine.
Can't say if this is sarcasm or not but they released TWEWY (fuck yeah), FFCC:RoF, Chocobo Tales, Children of Mana, FFXII:RW, Rocket Slime, DQM:Joker, FFTA2, Heroes of Mana, FFCC:EoT and probably some others I can't remember. Their remakes are usually great too, no complains here.

You could make a case for the Wii though, lolz. Not that this matters anyway, CB could be on the PSP or 360 for all I care.

jeremy1456

Amir0x said:
I just want you to say it, is all.

From shooting themselves in the foot... how?

Well as you may know honor and shame are huge parts of Japanese culture. FFCC seems to be the second best thing to publicly apologizing and cancelling the Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII.

jeremy1456 said:
Well as you may know honor and shame are huge parts of Japanese culture. FFCC seems to be the second best thing to publicly apologizing and cancelling the Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII.
What's wrong with having FF 13 on 360? I mean both PS3 and 360 owners will enjoy it and wii owners will enjoy FFCC. Also the scans look pretty good :D

jeremy1456

Shadowlink123 said:
What's wrong with having FF 13 on 360? I mean both PS3 and 360 owners will enjoy it and wii owners will enjoy FFCC. Also the scans look pretty good :D

Apparently you're no expert on Japanese culture.

Fuu said:
Can't say if this is sarcasm or not but they released TWEWY (fuck yeah), FFCC:RoF, Chocobo Tales, Children of Mana, FFXII:RW, Rocket Slime, DQM:Joker, FFTA2, Heroes of Mana, FFCC:EoT and probably some others I can't remember. Their remakes are usually great too, no complains here.
most of those were... eh, though. TWEWY was the only really great game they've released in a while.

Fuu

Aaron Strife said:
most of those were... eh, though. TWEWY was the only really great game they've released in a while.
Opinions and all that. But still, far from releasing nothing but ports and remakes.

Anyway, Crystal Bearers rawwwr.

Andrew J.

We need a stickied archive thread of famous joke posts, apparently, because I've seen a dozen newbies miss references to "Square just shot themselves in the foot."

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Andrew J. said:
We need a stickied archive thread of famous joke posts, apparently, because I've seen a dozen newbies miss references to "Square just shot themselves in the foot."
Same with the Konami/Capcom thing. :D

Fantastical said:
Same with the Konami/Capcom thing. :D
Well to be fair Its capcom's fault for doing nothing with the Castlevania franchise for all these years people have start to feel insulted when being compared to Koonami's more innovative Bionic Commando franchise.

jeremy1456

flintstryker said:
Well to be fair Its capcom's fault for doing nothing with the Castlevania franchise for all these years people have start to feel insulted when being compared to Koonami's more innovative Bionic Commando franchise.

Oh you :lol

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Andrew J. said:

Well, there IS the archive forum... we could bug a mod to add something like a "Thread of GAF Tropes"

Amir0x

Banned
i think explaining in-jokes/memes kinda ruins any funny

on the other hand, explaining the in-jokes/memes might make them less obnoxious. :lol

pakkit

Banned
flintstryker said:
?

Capcom made Bionic Commando. Rearmed was so great, I have big hopes for the HD reboot.

I haven't been this interested in a FF or spinoff FF game since FFVIII, and now I'm looking at buying two (thanks to SE deciding to go multi-plat with FFXIII in the west). I just hope this and FFXIII manage to wash the bad taste VIII left in my mouth all those years ago, I miss my highly-polished, high-production value JRPGs. :(

Yazus

Does this game have multiplayer? If not Square Enix needs to cancel it and remade it from scratch or it they will shoot themselves in the foot

Fuu

HQ scans are out. There's more of the web slinging in one of the screens with Layle hanging on a lamp, looks like there will be some platforming based on it (also in a ice cave or something).

The stuff going on in the town is hiallarious, he's carrying a kid with his powers, looking at a giant decorated round rock, running from girls, running from a guard and stealing a newspaper from a dude. :lol

More screens with the other characters too, some from cutscenes and battle screens. Looks like mad fun. Damn, I want this.

schuelma

Fuu said:
HQ scans are out. There's more of the web slinging in one of the screens with Layle hanging on a lamp, looks like there will be some platforming based on it (also in a ice cave or something).

The stuff going on in the town is hiallarious, he's carrying a kid with his powers, looking at a giant decorated round rock, running from girls, running from a guard and stealing a newspaper from a dude. :lol

More screens with the other characters too, some from cutscenes and battle screens. Looks like mad fun. Damn, I want this.

Cool. Any sort of release window or just TBA?

ivysaur12

Banned
Wow, the game looks really good. Some of the other environments look stunning. I can't wait to get a translation on the info.

Fuu

Battle screens are also showing the HUD. There's a new interview too, hoping for translations.

And yeah, 発売日未定. Release date is TBA, no year showing.

Shiggy

Some areas look really ugly with their textures and so on - those parts remind me of Twilight Princess -.-
Let's hope the developers will put a little bit more effort into upgrading the game's graphics.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Fuu said:

I'm so interested to hear or see how this game really plays. Everything seems so open world, and I'd like to know to what extent.

If it's really sandbox-like then screwing around with superpowers is going to be so much fun.

Dascu

This game could be excellent with a multiplayer aspect. Imagine throwing a spear-wielding party member right at the weakspot of the a big enemy for a nice combo attack.

Top Bottom