• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFX/X-2 Remastered possibly being prepared for release on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Yes but native/non-emulation is always better in the long-run.

Now the bigger question: WHEN'S MARVEL FF12: I: ZJS HD!?

Final Fantasy Ivalice Bundle, coming to Steam in 2017
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
Vagrant Story HD
Final Fantasy XII IZJS Akitoshi Kawazu Edition
€50

BasilZero

Yes I will be getting this for sure.

I already played both games on PS2 and have the PS3 Remaster which I eventually plan to play soon regardless of this announcement or the PS4 ver.

I'm going to get the PC version sometime after I beat the PS3 version which will be sometime later in the year.

inner-G

Banned
I could see transferred saves working on this, since they all use that weird S-E cloud save that works across PS3/4/Vita, but I could also see them not allowing it, since it could let people boost their game on PC then transfer back and get all the trophies

Parsnip

I doubt Square will support save transfers from PS3/4/Vita to PC, but since it's PC, someone else might support it. I have no idea how tightly locked down the console saves are in general, mind you.

Madame M

Banned
Steam it to me Square! Haven't played these games in over a decade and I gave up on X-2 really quick apparently before it gets good

Nope. Square and Disney hate money and fans.

I think it's some kind of licensing thing. No KH game on console or handheld had had a digital release, including games that came out sell after Sony adopted same week digital as a default and even the remasters from the past couple of years which is literally half a decade latter.

duckroll

Don't believe so.

I have a strong feeling Disney is the main culprit for no PC release and no digital releases in general. I wonder why though.

It probably has to do with how contracts for the retail distribution were originally signed with regards to royalties and profit-sharing. It might have to do with more than just Disney and Square Enix too. Not everything is simple and clean.

It probably has to do with how contracts for the retail distribution were originally signed with regards to royalties and profit-sharing. It might have to do with more than just Disney and Square Enix too. Not everything is simple and clean.
Brilliant, that thing you did there ;)

orochi91

When you're older you'll understand...

8fb2735e9f8d721cbdf9b2fa69fbbefdf7521e6dbf7e7324ec6e18e9b2813609.gif

Cool! I guess I'll be buying FFX yet again!

Now please give me FFT on Steam!

Would probably be a port of the mobile version. Which is kind of a shame since they forgot to make the Genji Gear available. I'd prefer a PSP port with network subbed in for Ad Hoc but probably too much work.

Not that that would stop me buying it.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Would probably be a port of the mobile version. Which is kind of a shame since they forgot to make the Genji Gear available. I'd prefer a PSP port with network subbed in for Ad Hoc but probably too much work.

The mobile version has new assets and IIRC fixed the glitches in the PSP version, considering their PC efforts so far I'd much rather that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
...A bunch of great games that a lot more people can enjoy now?

Also, every game in one place that I can easilly access without having to plug in 7 different systems. Oh no, the horror

jediyoshi

...A bunch of great games that a lot more people can enjoy now?

Gross. People should be going on ebay and buying old hardware and physical copies and dedicating time and space at their entertainment systems for every single platform ever.

I HOPE it's a port of the mobile version. Because it was made for both touchscreens and controllers, which means easy mouse and keyboard controls. Because it fixes PSP version glitches and slowdowns... and because it has good looking HD sprites:
FFT%E3%82%AD%E3%83%A3%E3%83%A9%E9%AB%98%E8%A7%A3%E5%83%8F%E5%BA%A6%E5%8C%96.jpg

duckroll

But Disney dumped their entire catalogue on Steam recently. :p

What games in that catalogue are part of an antique deal inked between Disney and another developer-publisher partner with possibly complex profit-sharing deals between both companies and other third parties?

duckroll

I wonder if it's some music from Disney films , the licensing agreements for music can be ridiculous.

I dunno, I think to have that level of impact on the distribution of the games, the artist must really have passion, and see the physical retail release as a sanctuary in this new digital age.

What games in that catalogue are part of an antique deal inked between Disney and another developer-publisher partner with possibly complex profit-sharing deals between both companies and other third parties?

Well I guess we'll know once KH3 gets released. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom