• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFX/X-2 Remastered possibly being prepared for release on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granjinha

What games in that catalogue are part of an antique deal inked between Disney and another developer-publisher partner with possibly complex profit-sharing deals between both companies and other third parties?

Yeah, i know that, i just don't think the blame is exclusively on Disney's side. They probably have some kind of contract that hasn't expired yet, something like that.

Or i'm just talking about something i obviously don't know anything about :p

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I HOPE it's a port of the mobile version. Because it was made for both touchscreens and controllers, which means easy mouse and keyboard controls. Because it fixes PSP version glitches and slowdowns... and because it has good looking HD sprites:
FFT%E3%82%AD%E3%83%A3%E3%83%A9%E9%AB%98%E8%A7%A3%E5%83%8F%E5%BA%A6%E5%8C%96.jpg

Yeah, that sprite update looked pretty nice. If FFT comes to PC I really hope it's this version.

TDLink

I wonder if it's some music from Disney films , the licensing agreements for music can be ridiculous.

I doubt that's the case. It's just the Little Mermaid stuff, right? Disney has complete ownership of those songs. Unless there's some bizarre deal with Utada Hikaru for the theme songs. Maybe that's what Duckroll is implying with all of his subtle puns.

I think 2.8 will be indicative no? It's on PS4 right? It's it's not available digitally either, it would be a first for a PS4 game I think.

Putting 2.8 out there before the other two HD Packages would feel a bit weird in my opinion. Not that the series hasn't had a completely weird set of releases.

EDIT: Nevermind, you are talking about a PS4 digital release, not a PC release. Just realized.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I think 2.8 will be indicative no? It's on PS4 right? It's it's not available digitally either, it would be a first for a PS4 game I think.
To my knowledge, this is a TRC requirement, so if they don't bend the rules for Square Enix, they'd have to figure out something.

I doubt that's the case. It's just the Little Mermaid stuff, right? Disney has complete ownership of those songs. Unless there's some bizarre deal with Utada Hikaru for the theme songs. Maybe that's what Duckroll is implying with all of his subtle puns.

Putting 2.8 out there before the other two HD Packages would feel a bit weird in my opinion. Not that the series hasn't had a completely weird set of releases.

EDIT: Nevermind, you are talking about a PS4 digital release, not a PC release. Just realized.

2.8 would be the mostly likely game because it would be the easiest to port

TDLink

2.8 would be the mostly likely game because it would be the easiest to port

From that perspective I understand it but I feel like releasing KH1.5 and 2.5 first makes a lot more sense. 2.8/Dream Drop Distance is easily the least popular in the franchise.

Inbachi

Neo Member
Would probably be a port of the mobile version. Which is kind of a shame since they forgot to make the Genji Gear available. I'd prefer a PSP port with network subbed in for Ad Hoc but probably too much work.

Not that that would stop me buying it.

I HOPE it's a port of the mobile version. Because it was made for both touchscreens and controllers, which means easy mouse and keyboard controls. Because it fixes PSP version glitches and slowdowns... and because it has good looking HD sprites:

Oh I didn't realize that the mobile version had updated sprites. It also fixed the slowdown? How about the terrible sound effects in the PSP version? The awful sound quality almost annoyed me more than the slowdown. Did they add back in the ability quotes?

I'd love a PC port of WotL if they fixed all those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom