• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXI expansion, "Seekers of Adoulin" Geomancer/Rune Fencer! Uematsu Concert tonight!

Greymanic

Neo Member
I'm still amazed there's no proper PS3 version.

It was talked about a year ago and they gave the response that it would be "too difficult" which could mean anything really. Given the case of FFXIV and how long its taken for us to even get an announcement of a new expansion I'd say its probably due to resources but again who knows.

Emitan

It was talked about a year ago and they gave the response that it would be "too difficult" which could mean anything really. Given the case of FFXIV and how long its taken for us to even get an announcement of a new expansion I'd say its probably due to resources but again who knows.

Yeah I guess they couldn't make a modern HD system play the game-

RK0vk.jpg

sonofabitch

Kokonoe

Banned
I have that 2008 disc still, probably going to sell it for cheap since I only play PC now.

Thanks for the link, Shouta.

Sophia

I can't imagine it'd be that difficult unless they had no foresight at all... then again, does the PC version still run at 30 FPS? >_>;

I'm sure they were just trying to avoid saying "We really can't be arsed".

Launching a PS3 version with this expansion would seemingly do them well.

Greymanic

Neo Member
I can't imagine it'd be that difficult unless they had no foresight at all... then again, does the PC version still run at 30 FPS? >_>;

Launching a PS3 version with this expansion would seemingly do them well.

Oh I don't disagree, I figured it'd launch with the Vita version but well that isn't happening. It has just been my impression that the development team has either been lazy or hindered by the lack of resources. This could of been for a number of reasons, FFXIV becoming the companies prime MMO around 2010 or the fact that most of the development team was working on FFXIV or another reason entirely. Regardless this weekend still proves they're quite devoted and I can't wait for 2013.

And yes, the PC version still runs at 30FPS and while I can't speak from experience I've been informed the 360 version has trouble even maintaining that.

Sophia

Oh I don't disagree, I figured it'd launch with the Vita version but well that isn't happening. It has just been my impression that the development team has either been lazy or hindered by the lack of resources. This could of been for a number of reasons, FFXIV becoming the companies prime MMO around 2010 or the fact that most of the development team was working on FFXIV or another reason entirely. Regardless this weekend still proves they're quite devoted and I can't wait for 2013.

And yes, the PC version still runs at 30FPS and while I can't speak from experience I've been informed the 360 version has trouble even maintaining that.

Well, hopefully they get a resources increase from the tons of players leaving WoW for other MMOs. And maybe they'll can FFXIV ><;

I know a lot of people who'd love to come back, but can't justify paying the monthly fee for what they believed is such a dated game.

Allard

I think I'm going to install FFXI for the first time on this Laptop in a while. I still have active accounts but I haven't really played since the last abyssea add on came out. For those still playing what jobs are in high demand at the moment? It seems my two highest jobs right now from what I understand are not nearly as in high demand or considered useless in large group content XD (RDM and PLD). Figure make it a goal to hit max level on a couple jobs that are actually in demand and then dual box a bunch of Abyssea content for a different pace then FFXIV right now.

Sophia

I wish I had access to my previous accounts. I've got an old launch (FFXI + RoZ + CoP) account, and one from the Vana'diel 2008 Collection. But I don't know the password to either, and the email has expired. Probably easier just to start over.

vazel

Banned
I wish I had access to my previous accounts. I've got an old launch (FFXI + RoZ + CoP) account, and one from the Vana'diel 2008 Collection. But I don't know the password to either, and the email has expired. Probably easier just to start over.
I've been through three ffxi accounts. I was only able to recover my account once. Playonline was such a POS. Good thing they integrated it with your SE account.

elohel

I was in the same exact position lol

would I be able to(I'm assuming no) purchase a Japanese disc for the ps2(I have an American one so this is why I assume no) and install it to the hdd I have on the ps2?

Sophia

I was in the same exact position lol

would I be able to(I'm assuming no) purchase a Japanese disc for the ps2(I have an American one so this is why I assume no) and install it to the hdd I have on the ps2?

A Japanese disc wouldn't work in an American PS2. Unless you had it modded. But then you might get in trouble with the GMs :p

Sophia

Fuck it. Purchased with the money I got from Diablo 3. I figure "Why not?" given it was basically free money and I get a free month and all the content.

If I have buyer's remorse, all of GAF is being held responsible.

GAF got a server? Anyone want to start with me potentially tomorrow?

Aeana

Fuck it. Purchased with the money I got from Diablo 3. I figure "Why not?" given it was basically free money and I get a free month and all the content.

If I have buyer's remorse, all of GAF is being held responsible.

GAF got a server? Anyone want to start with me potentially tomorrow?
I'm gonna be reactivating and playing on Sylph with a couple of GAF folks. But it's possible there are soem on other servers, I know one of them was on Asura.

Sophia

I'm gonna be reactivating and playing on Sylph with a couple of GAF folks. But it's possible there are soem on other servers, I know one of them was on Asura.

I used to play on Asura. Is that realm still good? If so, it'll probably be my goto choice if nobody else chimes in.

Wow this is downloading fast on Steam.

Sophia

More than two potential people on Sylph? Sylph it is then. Also I really hope this isn't one of those steam games that requires you to update through the client, but given the way PlayOnline works (or worked?) I expect to have to update as soon as this as this is done downloading. D:

Aeana

I kinda wanna get it on Steam, too, because I heard it has a neat DLC hat that gives refresh/regen up to level 30. I'm just not sure I want to pay $20 for another copy of the game. I've got so many already. It'll inevitably be a bit cheaper during the summer sale, but who knows when that'll start.

Sophia

I kinda wanna get it on Steam, too, because I heard it has a neat DLC hat that gives refresh/regen up to level 30. I'm just not sure I want to pay $20 for another copy of the game. I've got so many already. It'll inevitably be a bit cheaper during the summer sale, but who knows when that'll start.

God bless free money from Diablo 3. Playing a game to pay for a game to play a game to pay for another game. Awesome!

Does look like there's a DLC code included. Or at least Steam says it has two codes.

Kyudo

Neo Member
I might end up reactivating myself after all of this. Luckily im on sylph already with the rest of gaf.

Clipse

More than two potential people on Sylph? Sylph it is then. Also I really hope this isn't one of those steam games that requires you to update through the client, but given the way PlayOnline works (or worked?) I expect to have to update as soon as this as this is done downloading. D:

You're going to have to update the whole game once you're through all that PlayOnline stuff, can't remember if it took 1-2 hours or if I had to leave it overnight though. Bought FFXI off Steam last year too

Sophia

You're going to have to update the whole game once you're through all that PlayOnline stuff, can't remember if it took 1-2 hours or if I had to leave it overnight though. Bought FFXI off Steam last year too

O_O

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Brb crying in a corner. Bad memories and all coming back.

;_;

Kokonoe

Banned
Takes about 1-3 hours depending on your connection.

I'll be on Asura tomorrow if you plan on playing on the most popular server. Sylph is the server the (active?) NeoGAF shell is on.

Truth101

Banned

I remember the first time I turned on XI. Took ages to update on my slow connection :c

Sophia

Wow this game has ten steps to the first time setup. Haven't seen that many before in a Steam game...

Takes about 1-3 hours depending on your connection.

I'll be on Asura tomorrow if you plan on playing on the most popular server. Sylph is the server the (active?) NeoGAF shell is on.

It'll probably be Sylph considering it's the most active GAF server.

Top Bottom