• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXII The Zodiac Age - What would you want included in a collector's edition?

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Yeah I don't understand the appeal of locking down to one class in the International Zodiac version
I found it a lot more fun to play as highly specialized classes with unique strengths/weaknesses/abilities rather than having every character be a literal god with access to every ability, equipment, and spell.

It should be noted that this ISN'T equivalent to simply playing vanilla XII and gimping yourself by limiting each character to a subset of the license board. You get certain bonuses in exchange for giving up flexibility. E.g. a Breaker gets a lot more strength boosts than are available on the vanilla license board. IZJS also has a new, more powerful set of ultimate weapons. And MP now uses a separate gauge from summons/quickenings, so you are free to use all your MP for spells instead of saving it up all the time.

Korigama

Yeah I don't understand the appeal of locking down to one class in the International Zodiac version
Neither X-2 nor Bravely Default got to lock characters to one class for the entire game, so I don't see what makes this version of XII special enough to allow for it either regardless of how anyone attempts to justify it.

On topic, I wouldn't be interested in much other than an artbook. I don't care all that much for steelbooks, and I have neither space nor use for the statues or figurines that CEs often like to include.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm hoping for a steelbook to go with the other 3 Final Fantasy steelbooks

fvng

I found it a lot more fun to play as highly specialized classes with unique strengths/weaknesses/abilities rather than having every character be a literal god with access to every ability, equipment, and spell.

It should be noted that this ISN'T equivalent to simply playing vanilla XII and gimping yourself by limiting each character to a subset of the license board. You get certain bonuses in exchange for giving up flexibility. E.g. a Breaker gets a lot more strength boosts than are available on the vanilla license board. IZJS also has a new, more powerful set of ultimate weapons. And MP now uses a separate gauge from summons/quickenings, so you are free to use all your MP for spells instead of saving it up all the time.

yeah i'm welcoming the change just because i think it'll be refreshing not to play the game EXACTLY how it was during my first playthrough

poor Vaan lol I dislike his design as much as anyone but he's a pretty important character to Ashe's character development. they develop in parallel, and the only reason either one comes to terms with their coping mechanisms (Vaan's sky pirate delusions of grandeur and Ashe's thirst for revenge whoooooo) are because of one another. It's not a well developed parallel but all their key (and rather long) scenes together are basically about that parallel. the only 'coming to terms' event atop Ridorana is basically a culmination of that relationship they share.

plus for all the disinterest his aesthetic gives his character in terms of controlling him, he does have some of the best animated weapon stances and animations imo haha actually made him quite fun to use with a spear, bow, the two katana types, crossbows, etc.

still, an option for Vaan (or Basch for that matter) to wear a shirt would of course be welcomed lol
Best stats, too. He was good—if not the best—at pretty much everything and is handily the best character in the game, if you just count gameplay.

SirNinja

Steelbook with this cover art.

XjYUo5C.jpg

fvng

Surprised I'm the only wants an Ivalice Alliance box set.

Also his "abs" texture work is better in dissidia.

5L323leh.jpg

Top Bottom