• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXII The Zodiac Age - What would you want included in a collector's edition?

Vaan shirt DLC.

Or at least a new texture. Those abs

3194368-0748034558-22sm5.jpg

latest

Basically all his muscles are horrible. If you told me the texture artist just did a quick highlight and shadow pass on his skin, I would believe you.

Other characters have muscles showing and are half way decent

latest

fvng

3194368-0748034558-22sm5.jpg

latest

Basically all his muscles are horrible. If you told me the texture artist just did a quick highlight and shadow pass on his skin, I would believe you.

latest

Yeah but he is not a muscular guy so it would be odd to give him a lot of definition in his arms. Abs are abs and are visible if you're scrawny enough

Yeah but he is not a muscular guy so it would be odd to give him a lot of definition in his arms. Abs are abs and are visible if you're scrawny enough

I'm not talking about definition or the muscle anatomy. I'm talking about the quality of the texture. Even a non artist should be able to tell the difference between the quality of those 2 game characters.

Almighty

Would be happy with a redo of the original FFXII collectors edition.

Lw9zoOd.jpg

Steel case with DVD featuring dev interviews and commentary. They could update it to a blu-ray with new interviews. I'd also love the chance to try out these bad boys

That brings back memories. That was the last time a bought a physical copy of a Final Fantasy game. Was also the last time I did the whole midnight launch stuff as well.

Grewitch

The rest of Matsuno's original script.

/whine

I support this. The best thing they can include is Matsuno brought back to realize his original script, that would be the absolute best thing they could include in this remaster.

Dammit, Matsuno! Why'd you have to be so good, that the rest pale beside you? Dammit!

fvng

I support this. The best thing they can include is Matsuno brought back to realize his original script, that would be the absolute best thing they could include in this remaster.

Dammit, Matsuno! Why'd you have to be so good, that the rest pale beside you? Dammit!

Well it would be the grounds for XII-2 and it would be a totally organic sequel as opposed to one forcefully contrived for money.

Sounds like we are talking about what could potentially be released as a stand alone release as opposed to an add on. Would rather see additional content done in a mosern engine as opposed being restricted by a 10 year old engine.

Hopefully all the new FF fans from XV buy XII as well, it would make it easier to green light a sequel if the remaster sales are great

Grewitch

Well it would be the grounds for XII-2 and it would be a totally organic sequel as opposed to one forcefully contrived for money.

Sounds like we are talking about what could potentially be released as a stand alone release as opposed to an add on. Would rather see additional content done in a mosern engine as opposed being restricted by a 10 year old engine.

Hopefully all the new FF fans from XV buy XII as well, it would make it easier to green light a sequel if the remaster sales are great

That would be a great outcome. If FF12 Remaster does really well, it might give Square the incentive to create more titles in that universe. I am sceptical wether they have the talent to deliver quality games set there. Some one can prove me wrong, but Matsuno really delivered on the games set there. Without him, who can step up?

Slater

Banned
That would be a great outcome. If FF12 Remaster does really well, it might give Square the incentive to create more titles in that universe. I am sceptical wether they have the talent to deliver quality games set there. Some one can prove me wrong, but Matsuno really delivered on the games set there. Without him, who can step up?
YoshiP, Eorzea is very similar to Ivalice, plus his team already includes Maehiro as main writer, and he worked on all the main Ivalice titles with Matsuno.

Ganondorfo

I still find it weird that this game was a main Final Fantasy game. It does look way to unique to be in the main series. If they gave that game another name, it would probably have the same fate as Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy Tactics.

I mean every Final Fantasy from 7 has that anime vibe feeling, while FF12 has the look of a great HBO fantasy drama.

Muffdraul

The original vanilla version of FFXII. I imported Zodiac when it first released, didn't enjoy it at all. Would love to play a PS4 remaster of the original, though. Still hard for me to believe they won't include it.

fvng

Anyone know where Matsuno is now? Honestly I feel XII-2 doesn't have to be necessarily a storyline continuation as long as it's set in Ivalice

poor Vaan lol I dislike his design as much as anyone but he's a pretty important character to Ashe's character development. they develop in parallel, and the only reason either one comes to terms with their coping mechanisms (Vaan's sky pirate delusions of grandeur and Ashe's thirst for revenge whoooooo) are because of one another. It's not a well developed parallel but all their key (and rather long) scenes together are basically about that parallel. the only 'coming to terms' event atop Ridorana is basically a culmination of that relationship they share.

plus for all the disinterest his aesthetic gives his character in terms of controlling him, he does have some of the best animated weapon stances and animations imo haha actually made him quite fun to use with a spear, bow, the two katana types, crossbows, etc.

still, an option for Vaan (or Basch for that matter) to wear a shirt would of course be welcomed lol

Artbook, SteelBook (not metal case crap proper SteelBook), art cards maybe, poster maybe, game in its own case in the box. The Type 0 CE was very nicely done.

Also no need to waste an item addition on OST because they will sell the full OST later anyway. Rather use it for some interviews and shit on a bluray.

The original vanilla version of FFXII. I imported Zodiac when it first released, didn't enjoy it at all. Would love to play a PS4 remaster of the original, though. Still hard for me to believe they won't include it.

I thought you could choose between the two?

I kind of want a Fran Play-Arts Kai. I'm not into spending $300 but still I do love her design.

This is already a thing, though obviously it's not going to be included with the game.

Magnus

Outfits for all the party members would be sweet. Hadn't considered that at all.

Steel book and BTS bluray would be essential imo.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I thought you could choose between the two?

This is already a thing, though obviously it's not going to be included with the game.

Nope. The International Edition didn't give players that choice so probably this won't as well.

khaaan

I just assumed Vaan looked like that because he was a starving street urchin and that's his stomach somewhat caving in.

neoism

I would love a XII:CE to include every Ivalice game on a single PS4 disc including every tactics game released thus far.

SqEx is hit or miss with limited editions but I'd thrown down a lot of cash for a comprehensive collection of Ivalice games.

an option to max the board for every character again or not lock you in one class for the whole fucking game..��

fvng

an option to max the board for every character again or not lock you in one class for the whole fucking game..��

Yeah I don't understand the appeal of locking down to one class in the International Zodiac version

Elman

Yeah I don't understand the appeal of locking down to one class in the International Zodiac version

I hope they include this as an option, similar to the Sphere Grid in FFX's remaster. I prefer IZJS and its job system, but there's no reason to exclude the original license board.

A third, "hybrid" option that allows characters to change jobs and retain all licenses learned could be interesting.

I hope they include this as an option, similar to the Sphere Grid in FFX's remaster. I prefer IZJS and its job system, but there's no reason to exclude the original license board.

A third, "hybrid" option that allows characters to change jobs and retain all licenses learned could be interesting.

There's 12 jobs, so I'd be satisfied with just picking two each. It'd mix things up good.

Top Bottom