• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV copies out in the wild (street date broken in Peru, possibly elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLDIER

T-minus until someone posts an out of context gif, most likely of Cindy or Luna, that has the internet screaming in outrage.

Balls

Banned
giphy.gif

wmlk

Would it be viable if a patch prevents you from playing the game ~3 days before release? I'm against making the consumer pay for other's mistakes, but when stuff like this happens, a game being out in the wild 2 weeks in advance, I feel like the developer should take measures.

This is what the XBOX One would have prevented going all digital.

I agree, I would love measures to prevent this. It's 11/29, not 11/17.

Ferr986

I doubt you will, maybe stay here and avoid other Gamebiards? Doesn't seem hard to avoid.

Noctis runs out of hair gel in the climactic boss battle.

Just stay on GAF and out of the spoiler thread and we should be fine.

I already saw some open spoilers on the Kingslaive thread from someone that read that stupid 4chan leak and didn't bother to note that, let alone I got totally spoiled on The Force Awakens on GAF by some troll.

So yeah, nowhere to be save lol

Sylas

Would it be viable if a patch prevents you from playing the game ~3 days before release? I'm against making the consumer pay for other's mistakes, but when stuff like this happens, a game being out in the wild 2 weeks in advance, I feel like the developer should take measures.
Why?

Expect more copies to be out in the wild as we get closer to release. I imagine a lot of copies are being shipped to make sure demand is met--especially since the game is coming out so soon after Black Friday, they want to avoid shipping complications. At least in the US.

wmlk

So you're for punishing legit customers so you don't see any early spoilers?

I'm for preventative measures that align with the developer's intent. It's not about spoilers, it's mostly to do with the team still developing the game and a Day One patch not being available yet. I don't support what MS was trying to do, but there has to be a better way to avoid leaks 12 days before release.

My comment sounded like I was defending XBOX One, lol. I'm just saying that would have avoided this altogether.

This is what the XBOX One would have prevented going all digital.

I agree, I would love measures to prevent this. It's 11/29, not 11/17.
That would be insane and ridiculous for them to do.

Why do they need to "take measures" against anyone who bought it? Punish the retailer, not the customers.

Boke1879

Why can't SE just release it now? I'm pretty sure they are already at the warehouses.

A variety of things. This stuff happens all the time. They aren't releasing the game early unfortunately. But this post will be my last participation in any FFXV related thread from now on.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm for preventative measures that align with the developer's intent. It's not about spoilers, it's mostly to do with the team still developing the game and a Day One patch not being available yet. I don't support what MS was trying to do, but there has to be a better way to avoid leaks 12 days before release.

imagine if the game stuck to its sept 30 release date and the discs pre-day1 patch just crashed 2 minutes in

Well.. They could do just as Steam. Until X hour you cant play/install the game and that´s all...

Steam IS a digital distribution service. I'm wagering the PSN/XBL pre-loads will follow that same methodology.

Yeah, I'm really surprised considering it's really early and the game is highly anticipated. I thought they'd be charging north of 220 Soles or something like that.

We are not getting fucked for once, a couple of my friends are already on their way to buy the game, If I hear good things from them I may buy it too.

Byvar

My deluxe edition's delivery status also stealth changed to "Preparing order". I ordered from the European Square-Enix store so I doubt they'll ship it so early, but it's a pretty good sign considering they already charged me more than two weeks ago, and the delivery status was "Not started" up until yesterday... :)

With my luck it'll probably stay at "Preparing order" for another week, though.

Toth

On the bright side, those getting the game early will miss out on the Amendment patch though which will enhance the game's stability.

Is it common though for a game to be able to be preloaded 12 days before release?

HardRojo

We are not getting fucked for once, a couple of my friends are already on their way to buy the game, If I hear good things from them I may buy it too.
Same here, I'm sure most of my friends who play VGs will be playing this today. I'm out of Lima because of APEC and will be returning on Saturday, gotta avoid Facebook like the plague lol because that shit's gonna be full of screenshots.

sappyday

Fuck I'm a try to see if some places here in LA have it. I know a place that always gets games early and evens sells them to you if you're cool with the owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom