• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV copies out in the wild (street date broken in Peru, possibly elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think negativity creates drama that FFXV GAF loves debating on for no real reasons because they didn't really played the game to forge an opinion, because... what else would there be to discuss if not :/

Correct me if I'm wrong, of course, but what I've found from following the evolution of this thread for several days is that someone stated what they heard someone say in a YouTube chat -- noting all-the-while that they ran far, far away as soon as they saw it -- and then people here regarded it as official. Other sites, such as GameFAQs, linked this thread and decided it was well and true.

What I have not seen is any firsthand account of any gameplay region post-Altissia.

I saw a stream on PS4 earlier that was definitely post-Altissia.
But I didn't see anything involving outdoor areas, so I still couldn't say.

I have more jollyness in my little toe then GAF has negativity in its entirety. I'm ready to love FFXV.

That's the spirit! I'm of two minds - knee jerk online pre game hating won't have any impact on my assessment of the game (and hopefully enjoyment) on its own merits.

But there's a real tail-wags-the dog phenomenon with this type of pile-on. If the game ends up being good, I want SE to get the support to make more good games, as opposed to getting torn down by a pre-engineered negative narrative.

sdornan

Even if someone did,its by no means a consensus of opinions but merely there own, private opinion.

I wish I was immune to negativity but I am not.

Lucky me I played FFXIII prior to being a regular on GAF & had an amazing experience because of it.
Lies! No one enjoyed FF XIII. No one!

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I saw a stream on PS4 earlier that was definitely post-Altissia.
But I didn't see anything involving outdoor areas, so I still couldn't say.

Oh, neat. Thanks for the update, even if it was just a little thing like that!

That's the spirit! I'm of two minds - knee jerk online pre game hating won't have any impact on my assessment of the game (and hopefully enjoyment) on its own merits.

But there's a real tail-wags-the dog phenomenon with this type of pile-on. If the game ends up being good, I want SE to get the support to make more good games, as opposed to getting torn down by a pre-engineered negative narrative.

I am with you.

(Also, apologies for short response posts at the moment. Playing Trails in the Sky. :p)

I think this entire discussion about negativity is a bit absurd.

Given the game we are talking about, it's development history and that it changes its gameplay structure, some cynicism and "negativity" is warranted.

I don't personally understand how, someone who loves say the Judgment Demo, can be told the game changes structurally mid way through the game and not pause and ponder whether or not that's actually going to end up being a good thing.

In most games, your worry tends to be whether or not you like the gameplay loop or not and if the game can maintain that loop with good quality across the campaign.

With FFXV, it throws another wrench into the mix. It's rare for me personally to find a game whose demo I enjoyed so much and yet be concerned that the structural change will throw out much of what I enjoyed aside from the combat itself.

at least now SE have the technology and the know how on open-world game for XVI. They'll analyse what went good and what went wrong and will make a even better game next time...ha yeah and really consider focusing on good storytelling.

Gorillaz

this place went from looking ok to a mess ever since vernedus fucked half of yall up mentally

this is a new FF release thread alright

in actuality there was no way this can be avoided, the entire history of this project, kagari probably doing blood sarcifices to Tabata hoping that he will save the franchise

this was always the outcome, can't wait for that review thread lol

the_id

this place went from looking ok to a mess ever since vernedus fucked half of yall up mentally

this is a new FF release thread alright

in actuality there was no way this can be avoided, the entire history of this project, kagari probably doing blood sarcifices to Tabata hoping that he will save the franchise

this was always he outcome, can't wait for that review thread lol

Review thread will be PoliGAF watching the presidential election with Trump winning.

OrionX

Queen Florence is all I need to make it a 10/10 tbh. I'm ready for whatever comes.

200.gif

at least now SE have the technology and the know how on open-world game for XVI. They'll analyse what went good and what went wrong and will make a even better game next time...ha yeah and really consider focusing on good storytelling.

I am hopeful for this. But I'm worried they get bogged down with 7R somehow...

Fou-Lu

They have to give us Chrono Break first. You can do it Square!

12BoM

Man I must be addicted to hearing the absurdity of some peoples negativity here, I gotta leave.

Someone already talking about how they can do better for ffxvi... are you joking? The game isn't even out yet, and you already gave up lmao. It's seriously a shame.

Oh damn, it's out in SoCal now? Sounds like I might be able to pick up a copy tomorrow then, but I'm still holding out for that review code to arrive... not to mention I still have my Deluxe Edition coming from Amazon! Gah!

Lies! No one enjoyed FF XIII. No one!

I did

and i thought was ffxii was balls even if i completed it lol

I echo your "enjoyed FF XIII and thought FF XII was balls" sentiment. People who act like FF XIII genuinely has zero redeeming qualities or is a "garbage" game are funny.

As someone who liked FF XIII so much, though, I'm overjoyed at the prospect of the game starting out open world and then funneling you toward the conclusion as you progress through the story. Not everything needs to be or have an open world, ugh. I'm glad Square seems to have resisted the urge to go full WRPG with this game, and I think FF XV will be far, far better for it.

Lady Gaia

Why does an American version have the Day One in Spanish as well?

Perhaps because it's the second most commonly spoken language in the country? There are 45 million people who speak Spanish as a first or second language here in the United States.

Aters

It'll be fine, the reviews will all be positive, everyone will be super excited, I BALEE.

70/100 metacritic.

Tales of Zestiria and Type-0 both got 72.
Tales of Xillia and WoFF got 78 and FFXIII-2 got 79.

You seriously think FFXV will get 70? Reviewers are much more friendly towards JRPGs than you think.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Tales of Zestiria and Type-0 both got 72.
Tales of Xillia and WoFF got 78 and FFXIII-2 got 79.

You seriously think FFXV will get 70? Reviewers are much more friendly towards JRPGs than you think.

I'm at the impression where they try to score it as low as possible.

Like Dragon Quest Builders: It's an 84 in Metacritic but it's my current GOTY (so it's probably above 88 for me IMO).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom