• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 17 demo releases today

BigEmil

Even with finally a new engine change. Expect not much difference and the sequels now on changes will be even more minute and minor.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Is there any change in the player career match ratings or I still end up with a 6.9 despite scoring 2 goals and making 1 assist because I didn't run back faster in defence in the 90th minute even though there was no imminent threat to the goal?

I still hope the engine change brings some improvements to the game. Will try the demo on the PS4 when it launches

I played 2 games at Gamescom. From what I got, it's basically good old FIFA, without most of the known annoyances and an actually fresh feel due to the improved animations/physics.

v1lla21

Will give a try once I finish my paper. Didn't pick up fifa 16 so hopefully it feels fresh compared to 15. I want to see how good frostbite is in fifers

lazerfox

Haven't bought a new FIFA since 14 so I'm actually really excited for this. Can't wait to play the Forza Demo and then some FIFA.
Demos are great!

--R

Banned
I'm pretty excited for the demo. I haven't played a FIFA game seriously since... I don't know, 2009?

Genio88

This it the year of Juve, glad they put the team in the demo. Can't wait to unleash Higuain-Dybala.

I'm a Juve supporter too, so glad they made this deal with EA, now all the players look great, also those stats, can't wait to play Seasons with them and build an Ultimate Team based on Juve best players

PS: About the demo, i'm on Xbox One, so not big deal to change region in order to get the demo earlier, do you know if it's out somewhere? also are you updating this thread based on all the Xbox One Stores or just on the USA one?

Anastasis

I bought 16 cheap to get the Best Buy deal on 17 this week (trade in 16, get $15 gift card plus $10 coupon toward 17). I hope I like it! Haven't played any sports game seriously for ages.

volgihn

I played the beta. I hope they made changes to shielding the ball and passing. passing was waaaaay too precise and I can already tell you shielding will be abused this year if no changes were made.

Majukun

I played the beta. I hope they made changes to shielding the ball and passing. passing was waaaaay too precise and I can already tell you shielding will be abused this year if no changes were made.

well considering that online the usual is just to ram against someone full force,i wouldn't mind the shielding being a bit OP ,forcing to focus more on containment and cutting the line of pass instead of just going full speed at pressing,making everything faster than light

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I just hope they've fixed the AI, as I play primarily offline.

The amount of possession the AI got last year was insane

volgihn

well considering that online the usual is just to ram against someone full force,i wouldn't mind the shielding being a bit OP ,forcing to focus more on containment and cutting the line of pass instead of just going full speed at pressing,making everything faster than light

The problem is passing was ridiculous. I had 3 star teams in complete control of first touch passing without any faults. I played about 100+ or so games, the only people I lost to were those mastered shielding. If you thought playing against someone who went for nothing but possession and passed around the back in Division 1 then I can guarantee this is more annoying.

Top Bottom