• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 17 demo releases today

Majukun

You get about the same coins, maybe 50-100 more

thats it, no other difference

more cups available for online than there is offline too

well this year you have also access to the weekly tournaments if you do well against human opponents

Yep, career mode is seriously neglected each year sadly now. I was hoping Fifa 17 would be quicker this year but some posts on here say it is slower

My main problem with Fifa 16 was that all the clubs, no matter how shit, could pass the ball like they were Barcelona.

100% agreed. This is my main reason for wanting to try PES, since people keep saying that teams feel different.
I also hate the tactical defending, especially in 16. It's almost impossible to tackle the AI when they run down the wing. And trying to jockey them and block the cross doesn't work either.

I thought they mostly fixed the former in 16, though it could easily be that it just wasn't as bad as it was in 15 so I didn't notice it in comparison.

My main issues with 16 and young players is the whole awkward positions thing. RBs that are naturally left-footed and only one star with their right foot, CBs that are actually the best attacking midfielders in the world etc. But these have been around for awhile. I really just wish they would let you change player's positions in career mode. Would fix things with real players, too.

And how the names go to shit after 8 or so seasons. Or earlier in some cases.

I think they improved the youth team, but I generally ignore it since you'd need to play for 5+ seasons to get a good player and I prefer to use real players.
I was talking about 'real' wunderkinds that you buy via transfer. I usually start as a League 1 or Championship team and build up my team, which means buying 70's-rated 'showing great promise' players like Dele Ali for 3-4 million rather than trying to sign Ibrahimovic for 60 million.

Also, I hear that PES lets players 'learn' a new position, which sounds amazing. I'm often playing FIFA people out of position and I have no idea if it matters at all. I think it makes no difference, unless you're doing Ultimate Team where you have all that 'chemistry' stuff. I'll miss the 'polish' of FIFA though.

I think they improved the youth team, but I generally ignore it since you'd need to play for 5+ seasons to get a good player and I prefer to use real players.
I was talking about 'real' wunderkinds that you buy via transfer. I usually start as a League 1 or Championship team and build up my team, which means buying 70's-rated 'showing great promise' players like Dele Ali for 3-4 million rather than trying to sign Ibrahimovic for 60 million.

Also, I hear that PES lets players 'learn' a new position, which sounds amazing. I'm often playing FIFA people out of position and I have no idea if it matters at all. I think it makes no difference, unless you're doing Ultimate Team where you have all that 'chemistry' stuff. I'll miss the 'polish' of FIFA though.

Oh yeah, I wasn't thinking of that first thing at all.

I think it only matters for how players progress (and I'm not totally sure on that) but they really do need to do something with how positions are handled. And also automated things like subbing in injured players, AI teams etc. Learning a new one sounds cool.

Rudiano

Banned
Typical Sony being shit with their store, cant they ever get something right? How hard is it to put the demo on the servers and then make it available for 6pm?

RulkezX

Typical Sony being shit with their store, cant they ever get something right? How hard is it to put the demo on the servers and then make it available for 6pm?

Is hilarious how bad they are at these things.

Should proudly be thankful they don't keep stuff back to the weekly sore update these days, though.

kvn

Not everything is shit just because a FIFA demo is not showing up on time.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone on Xbox One search FIFA 17 then in the filter tabs click All games and choose Demos and it will show up.

The demo on is 8.05 GB.

Edit: Download speeds are fucking awful lol.. 1.5 Mb/s.

Pachimari

I'm on my way home. It it hasn't arrived on PSN before the Champions League games tonight, then I'll just try it out on Origin.

Fatmanp

Origin is getting hit hard right now. Only getting about 50% of my usually download speed. Seems to be be building up to it and slowing down. Oh well 25 mins to go.

Hixx

how the fuck do I download the demo on Origin

"CLICK HERE TO GET THE DEMO!"

Takes me to the store page. With no demo.

Top Bottom