• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 17 demo releases today

moai

last year i praised the change on passing making it more difficult to be accurate, but this destroyed our pro club. bots doing weird passes and teammates that where not very good at it took the fun from them and we all abandoned the game. i hope this year the made it not so difficult to pass but not that easy like in fifa 15. a middle ground would be nice.

Really? I thought we had already assumed it was faster based on the videos. Did you play the beta? If so, this is encouraging.

No, I played the full game in the EA business lounge at Gamescom, everything was unlocked. So I assume it's a more current build than the beta was?

FIFA 16 definitely is a fast game, and 17 felt slower but also more.... well, "controlled" or strategic.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Last year the pace was slower (and it was really nice) in the demo, but in the final game it ended up faster again, so I wouldn't bet anything on the pace yet.

Courage

last year i praised the change on passing making it more difficult to be accurate, but this destroyed our pro club. bots doing weird passes and teammates that where not very good at it took the fun from them and we all abandoned the game. i hope this year the made it not so difficult to pass but not that easy like in fifa 15. a middle ground would be nice.

That's why you play with an Any. Can never trust FIFA AI.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I just hope this year the final game is actually similar to the demo

I LOVED last years demo, but hated 16

Playing with an Any leads to smashed controllers.

At least in the GAF(ish) PC club. I will name no names.

K5ogioN.gif

The AI Characters are no fucking fun to control.

I said improvements. Adding objectives and basic finances aren't really improvements...

I'm wondering if they'll ever fix that bug that causes a very high proportion of young players to not grow at all, except in mental stats.
Meanwhile will they fix the bug that causes some AI-managed players to grow at insane rates and become 90-rated after a couple of seasons.

They really killed the game for me, especially the former. Seems like it's a bug they added when they made transfers, loans and injuries affect player potential. It's really annoying to build a team of Wunderkinds only to reach the end of the season and see that they've done nothing except improve their aggression/vision/interception/positioning.

They added that player training feature last year but it's awful. Being able to train just 5 players by repeating the same minigames every week is horribly tedious and unrealistic in a "here is some typical videogame bullshit" way.

I'm considering a switch to PES this year, unless the new engine shows some gamechanging improvements.

blacklotus

The AI characters on pro clubs are ok. Thing is, people have no idea what's their favourite foot and what stars are the weak foot, and to top that, they still try to make impossible passes.
Combine that with the normal lag related with pro clubs, and you get lots of crying.

dragn

they should change clubs back to real players again, no fun with all the dumb over 90 rated afro midgets and crap ai

Pachimari

I avoid single player like the plague in FIFA. Which is why I only play Online Seasons exclusively, how sad that may be. Still haven't hit Division 2 or 1.

Coxy100

Banned
I'm wondering if they'll ever fix that bug that causes a very high proportion of young players to not grow at all, except in mental stats.
Meanwhile will they fix the bug that causes some AI-managed players to grow at insane rates and become 90-rated after a couple of seasons.

They really killed the game for me, especially the former. Seems like it's a bug they added when they made transfers, loans and injuries affect player potential. It's really annoying to build a team of Wunderkinds only to reach the end of the season and see that they've done nothing except improve their aggression/vision/interception/positioning.

They added that player training feature last year but it's awful. Being able to train just 5 players by repeating the same minigames every week is horribly tedious and unrealistic in a "here is some typical videogame bullshit" way.

I'm considering a switch to PES this year, unless the new engine shows some gamechanging improvements.
Yep, career mode is seriously neglected each year sadly now. I was hoping Fifa 17 would be quicker this year but some posts on here say it is slower

My main problem with Fifa 16 was that all the clubs, no matter how shit, could pass the ball like they were Barcelona.

Lashley

Yep, career mode is seriously neglected each year sadly now. I was hoping Fifa 17 would be quicker this year but some posts on here say it is slower

My main problem with Fifa 16 was that all the clubs, no matter how shit, could pass the ball like they were Barcelona.

FIFA's biggest weakness, hate it. Always play the AI and this gets tedious.

Coxy100

Banned
I avoid single player like the plague in FIFA. Which is why I only play Online Seasons exclusively, how sad that may be. Still haven't hit Division 2 or 1.

I've never played ultimate team properly. What's the difference in playing ultimate team against fellow players compared to the AI? (apart from the obvious)

Do you get more 'points' for example? (which you can then use to buy better players etc)

Pachimari

I've never played ultimate team properly. What's the difference in playing ultimate team against fellow players compared to the AI? (apart from the obvious)

Do you get more 'points' for example? (which you can then use to buy better players etc)
I don't know. I just really dislike playing against the AI. They have possession like crazy in FIFA 16, and don't know when to do proper runs or defend properly etc. And the opposing teams just plays very similarly.

Lashley

You get about the same coins, maybe 50-100 more

thats it, no other difference

more cups available for online than there is offline too

For those that have the demo... how long are the matches? Does it even let you play a whole match? I am thinking of trading in 16 now instead of waiting....

Plus, tired of trying to get Manchester United's squad up to date. Every time I do, the applying online squads erases all of my effort.

Lashley

For those that have the demo... how long are the matches? Does it even let you play a whole match? I am thinking of trading in 16 now instead of waiting....

Plus, tired of trying to get Manchester United's squad up to date. Every time I do, the applying online squads erases all of my effort.

be 2 min halves, as always

kvn

Will FIFA 17 finally get rid of the absolutely stupid and in your face message that you need to be in ball possession to be able to pause the game?

I thought they mostly fixed the former in 16, though it could easily be that it just wasn't as bad as it was in 15 so I didn't notice it in comparison.

My main issues with 16 and young players is the whole awkward positions thing. RBs that are naturally left-footed and only one star with their right foot, CBs that are actually the best attacking midfielders in the world etc. But these have been around for awhile. I really just wish they would let you change player's positions in career mode. Would fix things with real players, too.

And how the names go to shit after 8 or so seasons. Or earlier in some cases.

Coxy100

Banned
You get about the same coins, maybe 50-100 more

thats it, no other difference

more cups available for online than there is offline too

Thanks. If the AI still plays like every team is Barcelona with their passing then *shudder* ultimate team online might be the way forward for me this year then... will miss watching my youngsters grow though in career mode!

Top Bottom