• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIGHT! Virtua Fighter 2, Fighting Vipers, Sonic The Fighters Rated for XBLA

Tain

VF2 on PS2 was not arcade perfect the graphics seemed off. Saturn ver will always be the best I think.

While I'm not positive about the issues taken against VF2 PS2 were (I think they were that the colors seemed muted and the game ran at 57 fps, correct me if wrong), I think it's pretty impossible to say that the Saturn version is closer to the arcade release.

The 57fps thing is technically the speed that the original arcade game ran at, and Model 2 colors in emulation have always seemed muted. M2 should have included some options for these things (and they did in future Model 2 ports).

Rlan

So the Sonic The Fighters Achievements are now out there!

http://exophase.com/game/sonic-the-fighters-xbox/achievements/

As with Virtua Fighter 2 and Fighting Vipers, they've made the achievements stupidly easy, even to a point of being a bit lame.

Effectively they want you to play the single player mode through once, and for the rest they use achievements to teach you secret little things in the game. Like in VF2 the achievement is for "Play Ranking Mode in Arcade Mode (hold down P+K+D+START during Attract Mode)" or "Use Dural in Arcade Mode or Offline Versus (In Ver.2.1 hold START when selecting a character)"

So on Sonic's side it's just to finish the game and do some simple things like break a barrier or don't take damage for a round, but it also has:

69028.png

Honey the Cat
Use Honey the Cat in Arcade Mode or Offline Versus (Press START on Amy and select)

Tizoc

So the Sonic The Fighters Achievements are now out there!

http://exophase.com/game/sonic-the-fighters-xbox/achievements/

As with Virtua Fighter 2 and Fighting Vipers, they've made the achievements stupidly easy, even to a point of being a bit lame.

Effectively they want you to play the single player mode through once, and for the rest they use achievements to teach you secret little things in the game. Like in VF2 the achievement is for "Play Ranking Mode in Arcade Mode (hold down P+K+D+START during Attract Mode)" or "Use Dural in Arcade Mode or Offline Versus (In Ver.2.1 hold START when selecting a character)"

So on Sonic's side it's just to finish the game and do some simple things like break a barrier or don't take damage for a round, but it also has:

69028.png

Honey the Cat
Use Honey the Cat in Arcade Mode or Offline Versus (Press START on Amy and select)

I guess it's easy, so they can attract Trophy/Cheevo hunters? (No offense intended).

...but I can't access that site, yet are the achievements translted from Japaese or are they available in English? If they are available, I guess this sort of means an English release is possible.

daninthemix

Really wish these had been announced for Steam as well. Anyone know why they haven't, considering most of Sega's other re-releases are?

Top Bottom