• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";207289581]RE Turning into PT is definitely an upgrade. It's like if the next DMC game was just Ninja Gaiden Black.[/QUOTE]
Masterful bait, 9/10.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm more scared about the idea of Floe having a stroke or something because his screaming is something else. I mean it's his own life to live but it's definitely not healthy to be overweight and screaming at the top of lungs constantly like that.

notworksafe

let's cross the streams, NWS

FGH |OT| Berlyn Among Us

a8wBSY1.gif

BadWolf

For those who didn't catch the interview with KOFXIV's producer at WNF:

On the netcode:
- He has been looking at the complaints against XIII's console netcode from day one and keeping all of them in mind
- The reception for XIII's Steam version netcode has been positive in general so they are building on top of what they learned there
- They are putting a lot of effort into making the netcode solid day 1 and are prepared to act quickly to fix any issues post launch.
- The 3v3 online party battle mode will have 12 player lobbies.

On DLC (characters, stages, music, costumes etc.):
- They aren't holding anything back for the initial release, we are getting the full game day 1.
- They haven't even started thinking about DLC yet. If they do decide to do some then we will have to wait a while since they will be creating it from scratch.

On Just Defending:
- They spent a lot of time balancing it in such a way that it doesn't disrupt the normal flow of gameplay
- In its initial implementation it had too much impact so they toned it down
- They took both offline competitive play and online play into consideration when balancing it

About the 8 frames I'm surprised everyone gives spooky's explanation credit because it doesn't make total sense.

Harada explained that Tekken's netcode is removing frames to sync both players, but it removes them INSIDE the move, not before it. If a move has 10 frames of startup and you need it to come out 3 frames earlier because you have 3 frames of lag, the move will come out in 7 frames, deleting startup frames.
It's basically a rollback done with a delay netcode that isn't visible for the player. There isn't more or less input lag, the move always starts at the right time after you press.

Since SF5 has moves starting in 3 frames, Capcom can't do this startup frames delete method. You have to check the startup and come back, exactly how the rollback works today.

About the 8 frames is that it's vsync related. If you remove vsync on PC, you get your traditional 5 frames of input lag, just like on consoles. But on PC, SF4 had more lag than consoles because vsync was activated by default. All PC players removed it to match the console version delay.

My guess is: since they didn't want to game to have tearing, that they needed a similar input lag both on console and PC, and considering that vsync can probably change depending on you computer/Drivers, they choose to keep it and added frames dedicated to vsync rendering. And after that, they built the gameplay with this problem in mind.

Also you probably don't know this (and I can talk about it now I guess) but Capcom started to build SF5 on their own engine. They moved to UE4 at some point in development. I wouldn't be surprised if all this is coming from Unreal Engine.

FiggyCal

Banned
so if RE7 fails its pretty much over for capcom right?
cant wait for SNK to take over all dem franchises, fuck disney and nintendo.

Judging by the demo; the production quality is pretty low.

I just picked up MKX. And I'm finding it really hard compared to street fighter.

Also you probably don't know this (and I can talk about it now I guess) but Capcom started to build SF5 on their own engine. They moved to UE4 at some point in development. I wouldn't be surprised if all this is coming from Unreal Engine.

Is this part of the whole panta rhei implosion?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The Tekken method is total garbage anyway, since it actually changes the timing of moves. Thats awful in a fighting game.

To me it sounds more like they just put the frame delay rollback netcode has on top of how they always made fighting games and that's why the game has about 2 to 3 frames more of input lag that the netcode demands to work properly.

When has anyone said good things about KoF's steam netcode?
I could only ever find opponents that lived quite far away and still had a good time. Felt pretty good to me.

Skilletor

When has anyone said good things about KoF's steam netcode?

The best I can say about it is that it's better than console...which is not hard at all since that was some of the worst shit ever.

It's decent in excellent connections, but with KoF's execution, hardly playable (for me) in anything but those conditions.

This is bad news for me, personally, and doesn't instill any confidence at all in what we'll get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom