• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Hypothetically speaking if they port over UMVC3 to current gen consoles + PC... are they going to fix some of the bugs in the game? That would be hysterical if they do because one of those bugs leads into the TAC infinite and other stuff that involves high end play.

Also there's the question of netcode.

Though knowing Capcom if they do port... they will end up putting in more bugs than before AND manage to have a worse netcode.

If you are going to have technical characters they have to be BY default slightly stronger than the others otherwise their is no point in putting the effort in.

Like around a 8% power difference something that makes or breaks at max potential but doesn't ruin it for everyone else

Mvc3 sucked at this

That's not really something you can actively design into a game. The best bet is to make the technical characters feel like they're breaking the rules a little bit because that appeases the sort of people who like technical characters. Stuff like C.Viper with all her wacky cancels or Zato's stand attacks. Balance is something you deal with later.

With a game like UMVC3 with so much going on it's basically impossible to make sure all the technical characters are inherently stronger than the more vanilla characters. The other problem is how technical do you want to push a character in order to give them that power boost, because if you mess up the balance tournaments will homogenize or just as bad nobody plays your character.

Hypothetically speaking if they port over UMVC3 to current gen consoles + PC... are they going to fix some of the bugs in the game? That would be hysterical if they do because one of those bugs leads into the TAC infinite and other stuff that involves high end play.

Also there's the question of netcode.

Though knowing Capcom if they do port... they will end up putting in more bugs than before AND manage to have a worse netcode.
At the very least, I suspect that they will fix the Galactus bug.

Line_HTX

LOL, Marvel is aware of the demand for more MvC, but they can't do Shieet about it.

Zero, Wolverine, and other rushdown hoes still reign supreme.

Tripon

Uh, what?

ClfIOJgVYAAaR4b.jpg

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/745300481312882688

.la1n

I was actually sad you couldn't do entire teams of the same character in 3 but the game didn't need help being more broken.

I was actually sad you couldn't do entire teams of the same character in 3 but the game didn't need help being more broken.

I would let people embrace the stupid but maybe make hard rules for tournament play.

Games are changing. KI did a good job and so did LOL. The marvel and capcom cast are large enough (that marvel diablo game has some great hooks to have the users play daily) so putting character you don't pay into rotation would be cool.

I dunno, the model of how people play games is changing.

Shadoken

Capcom Cup Finals / PSX dream announcement: UMvC3 Special Edition for PC/Gen8 consoles

SFV DLC is OK too.

After USF4 , I really doubt they would outsource a port. Their fighting games have been getting huge backlashes at launch so i doubt they would want to risk it again.

An In house port is probably the best way to go , that way they can also make some balance changes , maybe add 2 characters. Heck maybe even do an additional F2P version like DOA,KI.

Tripon

After USF4 , I really doubt they would outsource a port. Their fighting games have been getting huge backlashes at launch so i doubt they would want to risk it again.

An In house port is probably the best way to go , that way they can also make some balance changes , maybe add 2 characters. Heck maybe even do an additional F2P version like DOA,KI.

SFV was in house... sort of.

Exr

Is SFV getting stale for anyone else? PR Rog and others and I seem to agree.
I love watching lots of different fighting games but SFV bores me. If it had another system mechanic then maybe, but I dont even watch all of top 8 anymore. Im still watching 3S over 5. Playing it I have more fun but spectating it puts me to sleep.

.la1n

Don't play as much as I used to but really just waiting for Ibuki to drop, didn't find any of the characters up to this point drawing me in.

As for spectating, I find it immensely more satisfying to watch than SF IV but it seems I'm in the minority.

Tripon

Don't play as much as I used to but really just waiting for Ibuki to drop, didn't find any of the characters up to this point drawing me in.

As for spectating, I find it immensely more satisfying to watch than SF IV but it seems I'm in the minority.

I don't know, stream numbers for tournaments seem to be up on average compared to Ultra. Stream numbers for house streams is in the toilet though, but I feel that SFIV house streams weren't watched either.

The big test is CEO this week. Ultra got 80,000 as a peak, so we will see if SFV can beat that.

CO_Andy

Chris G's Guile, good Gief and Fang play are really darn fun to watch, but that's the exception and not the rule.

Also stage hijinx like the noodle hat.

BadWolf

I don't know, stream numbers for tournaments seem to be up on average compared to Ultra. Stream numbers for house streams is in the toilet though, but I feel that SFIV house streams weren't watched either.

The big test is CEO this week. Ultra got 80,000 as a peak, so we will see if SFV can beat that.

Forgot CEO is this week.

Hype.

I'm working on a little web site that's like a fantasy FGC game where you pick a team of players and get points based on how they do in the tournaments.

My one concern is that if the game is just 'pick X amount of players' that peoples' teams might be all kind of same-y. Anybody want to throw in any feedback as to how to make the game more interesting, or if that's not even a problem?

One idea which I remember from some fantasy game I played long ago, was that you have a A-Team, B-Team, C-Team, (maybe 2 players in each?) , and your A guys score more than your B guys which score more than your C guys. This at least varies the lineups somewhat.

Just wanted to put it out there for ideas, I'll consider anything.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Nobody wants this
Arc sys did until they talked to Capcom and came to the conclusion that they would suck to work with

Do you guys want to do a cross over game

That sounds neat but only if you guys redraw and animate all our characters and share profit.

Oh will you send people to help

No

mbpm1

Arc sys did until they talked to Capcom and came to the conclusion that they would suck to work with

Do you guys want to ddo a cross over game

That sounds neat but only if you guys redraw and animate all our characters.

No

typical capcom

BadWolf

Do you guys want to do a cross over game

That sounds neat but only if you guys redraw and animate all our characters and share profit.

No

So dumb.

Skilletor

I wonder what the FGC would look like if everybody that bitched about SF went out and actually learned and stuck with a new fighter.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I wonder what the FGC would look like if everybody that bitched about SF went out and actually learned and stuck with a new fighter.
People would be happy but they don't want to not play the biggest hottest fighting game of all time so they will never stop playing
smash bros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom