• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

tumblr_o8wvb4uyiz1u6jjy9o1_400.gif

Not sure what's more ridiculous, this bug or Paul's FR intro where suddenly there's a random brick wall and he deathfists it.

Tripon

No wonder Jay Ong's name seemed familiar. I was teaching his daughter last summer for a Life Skills course. She told me her dad was head of Marvel gaming. I told her to please tell her dad to consider Marvel vs. Capcom 4, lol.

No wonder Jay Ong's name seemed familiar. I was teaching his daughter last summer for a Life Skills course. She told me her dad was head of Marvel gaming. I told her to please tell her dad to consider Marvel vs. Capcom 4, lol.
You deserve the FG GAF community service award of the year.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Did... anyone think it was smoke and mirrors? It looked like a good example of what a FG story mode should look like...

Tekken's had CG movies, Force mode, and Excellent opening cinematics and endings for years. If there's something I trust the Tekken team in, it's that they can make awesome scenes when they put their mind to it.

Line_HTX

Amazing. What a small world. Now all that's left is for Disney to not be dicks about it.

And who the fuck gave Max the impression that FR was smoke and mirrors?

Beckx

admittedly i haven't been glued to twitch for e3 but i assumed the video during the MS conference was just something drummed up for the conference, not the way the actual game plays out

mbpm1

admittedly i haven't been glued to twitch for e3 but i assumed the video during the MS conference was just something drummed up for the conference, not the way the actual game plays out

I thought it was just trailer marketing too

How so? Seems about as reliable as anyone else with access to a game in development that might change a hundred times before release.

I remember folks clowning on him because at the event Capcom revealed Ken in SFV he said he didn't play like a shoto anymore.

Wild Card

I don't know why anyone would think that was fake, it's just a clever fmv to gameplay transition, nothing really new, and custom cinematics for the story. It is a huge stepup from their previous story mode efforts though.

Pompadour

The live stream actually cut away to show the crowd during the transition from CG to gameplay, making it seem like they just cobbled the two together for the trailer. The way Tekken's story mode blends the two together seamlessly is very impressive.

Malice215

The trend for newer games has been to keep the player immersed in the gameplay, so they're choosing to tell the story seamlessly using the game engine.

Really interested to see how Tekken 7 shapes out on the PC.

Sayad

Pre-release impressions by Max are kinda unreliable aren't they?
Take the facts and ignore the hype talk, what they showed on stage being prat of story mode seems true, it's mentioned in most previews, you can also pick who to play, Akuma or Hei!

She's gonna forget to tell him and it's never gonna happen.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Better art style than Injustice, tbh.
QFT.

Take the facts and ignore the hype talk, what they showed on stage being prat of story mode seems true, it's mentioned in most previews, you can also pick who to play, Akuma or Hei!

On the various stage presentations and demos (Like with IGN or Gamespot), you can also watch as people back out of the mode, play different, or play other things.

I never have a problem with Max or anyone else, because... I actually find it pleasant to see him personally hyped. It's easy to see when something is Fandom, rather than Factual. It's funny to get angry with a hypeman, when it's ones OWN hype that makes them believe things without further research.

Beats

dreamhack summer on june 18-21 has a pokken tournament with a 10k prize pool.

but the announcement that there was going to be a tournament for the game there only happened yesterday lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom