• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ClL0XEhUoAEjmhT.jpg:large

h76CH32.jpg
Are we esports yet?

El Sloth

Banned
if they start running Overwatch at NLBC and WNF, do you think the mods will let us have an Overwatch Games Weekly thread in the Gaming forum

shaowebb

Ketchup and Mustard Breakdown Grodd, Atrocitus, and Injustice 2 mechanics and how it felt

I think Grodd deserves a goooooood hard look after hearing this. And remember how much I don't like monkeys that talk when I say this too. I was and am generally not a big lover of Grodd in comics as a character. However, i am loving the idea of playing this.

• restands
  • projectile immune
  • lots of grab setups
  • godlike D2
  • float that leads to dashup full combos
  • Bane Charge with no startup, good knockdown, safe on block and you can cancel it
  • DF1 leap that cancels to punch, kick for splat or MB-able grab
  • J2 crossup

Holy shit does this sound like a fun dude to play as. You won NRS. Last game I wanted to be all over Green Arrow. Out of nowhere I ended up maining Bane and Hawkgirl was my backup entirely. Now this? I have no idea what the game will end up with on its roster but already characters I had no interest in for the game are blowing me away and making me say that aesthetic be damned I gots to play me some of that.
If I can play as waifus I can play as a talking monkey. That moveset is hot fire in my veins.

The Ketchup and Mustard overview is pretty good. They correct some of the wrong impressions that were floating out there, like ppl saying there was a mb backdash.

shaowebb

The Ketchup and Mustard overview is pretty good. They correct some of the wrong impressions that were floating out there, like ppl saying there was a mb backdash.

Yeah, that was a pretty big thing too. So we got pushblocking, air teching, and dodge rolls all for meter? Sounds great. I also loved they proved a theory with Dexx Starr...you can call the shield, roll through and get a left right mixup as they are stuck against the shield. Great stuff.

I really need to check out Grodd though. I dont know if projectile invulnerability and the leap cancels will be as good as Bane armor stuff was for me but it sounds like a damned fine thing for a Bane player to check out. Especially with a cancelable Bane charge style move to close the gap on folks, restands, and easy grab setups. Its a different style than Bane without the armor, but its pretty damned solid powerguy bullying and to me it sounds amazing.

I love those two. They put out good impressions and this one was sorely needed after E3. Makes me wanna go and replay Injustice a good while to get back into the groove.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Is that Warcraft? I thought it was a good movie. I even liked it better than X-men and BvS. But nothing is as bad as Gods of Egypt. It's like the VXG of movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom