• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompadour

There was someone in the thread saying he still doesn't know how to V-Trigger.

Like I get some of the arguments for why the whole genre has problems clicking with a mainstream audience, but SFV is kina not the right target.

It was dumber than that, he didn't know how to V-Skill as he posted screenshots of the V-Trigger trophy that he earned but couldn't figure out why doing V-Triggers wasn't unlocking the V-Skill trophy.

Mind you, V-Skill is one of the things the game teaches you how to do during the tutorial that automatically plays the first time you turn on the game.

NEO0MJ

Best thing about that thread was the poster who was saying that Capcom should make a new DS because demand for it has been on the level of FF VII remake.

Sayad

Best thing about that thread was the poster who was saying that Capcom should make a new DS because demand for it has been on the level of FF VII remake.
The same guy want Smash controls in SF and think SFV lack of sales is due to people who hate sexism and fan-service in fighters making a stand by not buying the game...

Reading through that thread made up for the lack of ATP this week,

Pompadour

What kills me about these SFV sales threads us that it somehow vindicates whatever crazy reason you want why the game didn't sell. There's people in that thread who believe that Blanka alone would have sold another 600,000 copies. Or "If SF4 sold extremely well on the 360 which was the dominant console in the West then it would have sold just as well on the Xbox One which is losing in every market."

I'm surprised we didn't get any "SFV needs to be on the Wii U to succeed" comments this time around.

Line_HTX

I should be lucky that I completely miss those posts calling for more simplification.

Those sales threads just draw the most free of the free.

Pompadour

Is it? Maybe there's some validity behind that blanka comment then.

The issue is there's diminishing returns to nostalgia, especially as the last game featuring Blanka came out 2 years ago. If SF4 didn't bring back every single character featured in the most popular iteration of Street Fighter ever then maybe their return in V would have inspired some more purchases.

CO_Andy

IMG_0916.jpg

Imported a new pad direct from Japan to replace my Xbox S-Type after it finally kicked the bucket (been using that one since the launch of SF4).

Dpad is almost identical to the Saturn dpad except it's a tad more loose (makes it easier to do rolling motions). Buttons are great too. I like how all the face buttons are the same size, which is a problem i had with the Saturn controller. Not pictured: two shoulder buttons on the back.

Anyone looking for a fightpad comparable to the Saturn should definitely pick up the Seamic (Seaman 2) Controller (preferably the PS2 version since it has more buttons and is PC compatible out of the box).

Shadoken

[/IMG]

Maybe Cap aught to put out a mobile version for these folks.

They really should. I see the MKX mobile game in the top grossing apps for a long time.

SFV on mobile with some simple tap to do specials would definitely do well. Especially when it has the brand recognition. The way they ported SFIV was kinda dumb , those sort of games with touch screen joystick controls never really work well.

And using UE means easier porting to mobile platforms right?

BadWolf

My god. The folks in that SFV sale thread who want the game to be simplifed further

Maybe Cap aught to put out a mobile version for these folks.

Tbh they should just add the Easy execution mode thing from the earlier MVC games, which let you do specials etc. by just tapping attack buttons twice or whatever.

Would help casual players enjoy the game a lot more.

.la1n

Canada Cup stream 2 isn't saving past broadcast? Got home from work and wasn't able to catch up like I planned.

CO_Andy

Can't wait for some ST. The 5v5 has been pretty hype so far. Nice to see some other Japanese faces besides the usual Mago, Tokido, etc.

cj_iwakura

Is it? Maybe there's some validity behind that blanka comment then.

The idea behind SFIV was to welcome back people alienated by the complexity of SF3. Then SFV gave them the middle finger and focused on the hardcore players. We see how well that worked.

It's a great game, but no one should be surprised at its commercial failure.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The idea behind SFIV was to welcome back people alienated by the complexity of SF3. Then SFV gave them the middle finger and focused on the hardcore players. We see how well that worked.

Are you saying SFV is too complex, but SF4 wasn't?

CO_Andy

Anybody watching Mahvel? This rotating commentary from actual players is great.

Complexity may have scared away potential new players (the same players who complain that a quarter-circle motion is too hard), but i doubt that's what scared SF vets since V's combos are closer to Marvel in ease.

Coming from a game as massive as USF4 and it's no wonder everyone didn't take too kindly to a barebones product.

Dahbomb

This makes little sense when you consider that SFV is a lot less complex than SF4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom